just started a grapefruit cleanse....

Options

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    could you please press the caps lock button?
    it's like you are screaming at us. thanks!

grape fruit is also known as the screaming fruit,,,duh
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I WORK AT A CHEMICAL PLANT. I HAVE BEEN FEELING SICK AFTER WORK LATELY. BUT I DONT HAVE ANY TOXINS THAT I KNOW OF

If you don't have toxins, why do you need to do a cleanse?
  • hulkklogan
    hulkklogan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I WORK AT A CHEMICAL PLANT. I HAVE BEEN FEELING SICK AFTER WORK LATELY. BUT I DONT HAVE ANY TOXINS THAT I KNOW OF

Because you're torturing your body with this "cleanse". You need to re-evaluate your personal trainer. Cleanses are ridiculous. You shouldn't have toxins whether you're on a cleanse or not. If you have excessive toxins in your body, you then need to see a urologist about your kidneys.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Ugh now I remember why I stay away from these boards, everyone is always looking to cut someone down,, your mother should have told you if you have nothing nice to say then just STFU
    Irony.
  • secrets_out
    secrets_out Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Im so glad you posted this! I just started the goat piss diet! Basically you walk to the goat( burning calories) then squat...( strength training) wait for goat to tinkle....the drink while warm...the warmth causes your bodies metabolism to rise cause your body has to cool the liquid! It's been great! If your allergic to goatose intolerant Im sure cow piss works the same!!
  • Khloe_Nichole
    Options
    I EAT LEAN PROTEINS, FRUITS, VEGGIES, AND I HAVE BEEN EATING DIFFERENT WHOLE WHEAT FOODS. ITS NOT THAT IM NOT EATING HEALTHY. I HAVE BEEN ON MY DIET FOR 3 AND A HALF WEEKS AND I HAVE DROPPED 12LBS.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options
    THIS ISNT MY DIET PLAN ITS JUST SOMETHING IM DOING FOR THREE DAYS. MY PERSONAL TRAINER TOLD ME TO DO A CLEANSE BECAUSE MY BODY ISNT RESPONDING WELL TO MY CHANGE IN DIET.

Wait...you were told to make a drastic change in your diet because your body wasn't responding well to a drastic change in your diet??

:huh:

Great response.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Yeah..Ive been thinking about this becaus its either this or dialysis. I just dont think my liver and kidneys know what the hell they are doing
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Ugh now I remember why I stay away from these boards, everyone is always looking to cut someone down,, your mother should have told you if you have nothing nice to say then just STFU

^
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Irony.

Well played, sir! :wink:
  • ironanimal
    Options
    I EAT LEAN PROTEINS, FRUITS, VEGGIES, AND I HAVE BEEN EATING DIFFERENT WHOLE WHEAT FOODS. ITS NOT THAT IM NOT EATING HEALTHY. I HAVE BEEN ON MY DIET FOR 3 AND A HALF WEEKS AND I HAVE DROPPED 12LBS.
    And that's 'not responding'? WTF is your trainer smoking?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    And that's 'not responding'? WTF is your trainer smoking?

toxins
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    NO.eat right.work hard.period.
  • ironanimal
    Options
    Yeah..Ive been thinking about this becaus its either this or dialysis. I just dont think my liver and kidneys know what the hell they are doing
    I wonder... can a Liver be considered under the influence?
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options

That's amazing! 12lbs in 3 weeks is great! I think that your diet IS working.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    THIS ISNT MY DIET PLAN ITS JUST SOMETHING IM DOING FOR THREE DAYS. MY PERSONAL TRAINER TOLD ME TO DO A CLEANSE BECAUSE MY BODY ISNT RESPONDING WELL TO MY CHANGE IN DIET.

Wait...you were told to make a drastic change in your diet because your body wasn't responding well to a drastic change in your diet??

:huh:

Great response.

:blushing: *giggle*
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

12lb in 3 weeks is awesome.

You need to quit the stupid grapefruit thing, tell your trainer to remove his head from his rectal passage, and move on.

Eat healthy - most of the time - and exercise regularly. EVERYTHING else is superfluous.
  • BostonMatt
    BostonMatt Posts: 258
    Options

Wait....what? 3.5 weeks and 12 lbs???? Wtf is wrong with that????? Your trainer needs to go.
  • ronitabur
    ronitabur Posts: 178 Member
    Options

Hmmmm, when a body is not responding to exercise or diet, it of course does need a change, but 3 days of grapefruit is essentially a fast which I don't believe that is ever a good idea. Feed your body properly and it will respond. Also, do you weigh and measure your food religiously? I see that you want to lose a lot of weight which takes some serious commitment. Weigh and measure everything and be honest with yourself. Was that a tablespoon of peanut butter or 1.5 tablespoons?? Three or four inaccuracies in a day can sabotage your efforts.

Then exercise as much as you can, and with as much variety as you can. Try using a heart rate monitor when you exercise, which displays calories burned. This will also help you with accuracy when counting calories - you'll be able to eat the calories you burn/earn. (Just be sure to subtract about 100 calories per hour from what the heart rate monitor displays.)

Anyway, play around with it until you find what works. I have yet to hear anyone on MFP boast of success with any cleanse or grapefruit diet, or any extreme diet for that matter.
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    ok i am just throwing this question out their, does anyone take any type of pills at all, i am just interested in it like cleansing ones or acai or anything

Thread highjacking? Start your own thread so we can dispute you properly.

bahahahaha! hilarious!

I've heard mixed reviews about cleansing and fasting, I've always been interested in doing one, but I think eating clean would just be the best solution all around.