• vartanfan71
    vartanfan71 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    25, 27 and 31
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    21, 25, and 29 (twins)

Did you know? As you age, you're more likely to have twins.
  • suthrnladey
    Options
    I was 21 when I had my one and only. He was a wonderful surprise!
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I was 24 when my daughter was born. I have PCOS so we thought it would take awhile, but it only took 6 months to get pregnant.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My mom was 27 when she had my brother, and 29 when she had me.

I'm 26 today, and in no place to be having children yet. I want to be financially stable before I bring a child to this world. I will want to give them every advantage I can, and being able to do so is a huge thing in my mind.

I understand there are many families who do not hold this stand, who 'make it by' and still raise amazing children. I was one of these children. I love my family and would not change what has happened to me, it was a fantastic way to grow up, and I learned a lot about friendships and what you can offer to a person to help them in life.

But I do not want my child(ren) to have the same struggles. They will still see how wonderful it is to give and receive help and kindness, but I do not want it to be a necessity for them to ask for hand outs to live (like it was for me).
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    18, 22, 26 NO MORE babies for me.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Married at 26 and first at 32. We now have four! :heart:
  • amanda8o
    amanda8o Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I just turned 18 2 months after my oldest was born had another one a year later and had my youngest when I was 24 and then had my tubes cut,I guess I'm kind of on the opposite side of things and glad I had mine kind of early so atleast I will have some of my life left after they are grown lol I'm 31 now with a 12 year old 11 year old and a 7 year old.But I've also been married to the same wonderful guy for 12 years. It's something only you and your significant other can decide when you are ready.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    15 and 27
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I was 32 with my first baby, and 34 with my 2nd - I too remember friends having kids right out of High School, and the first few years after, I can tell you - most of them are not with their children's fathers (and some of the dads are not in their kids' lives, so that can take it's toll - being a single parent - so hard!) and one thing I lived by: Life is NOT a race. You'll get where you're going in no time, and you don't have to be on the same path or time frame as your friends/family. I worked on my career, and moved around a little bit - I can tell you, I was jealous of my friends, but right before I got married at least 2 of them (with kiddos) confessed that they were jealous of me, and the freedom I'd had all those years (before getting married and having kids). So, at this point, enjoy your life, and do what's right for you!
  • everytree
    everytree Posts: 127
    Options
    I was 23 and 26 when I had my kids
  • mytime44me
    mytime44me Posts: 35
    Options
    I was 21 when I got married, and 26, 29, and 31 when I had my boys. It was nice to be married for a while before kids, because once they were born they became the wonderful center of our world.
  • Susanv52
    Susanv52 Posts: 1
    Options
    I was 26 when I had my daughter,28, and then 34 with my last one. I think 25 is a great age to have children if you are settled with a good job and a loving partner.
    Takes alot of love and patience to raise children. :happy:
  • SCVSarah
    SCVSarah Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm 30, still no kids and I do want them. I wasn't ready to have kids until a few years ago (when I was actually financially stable and responsible). Enjoy your early twenties and there is no reason to rush.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Married at 28 - he was 30
    Became Mom at 31 - he was 33
    Currently 35 - he's 37

I'm beyond happy I waited at every step along the way.

My parents who will be married for 39 years this fall - got married at 20 had me at 21, and were done having kids by 27. They were great role models, but I wanted more for myself before settling down and having kids (career and to "sew my oats").

I wouldn't change a thing about it. We were one of the last to have kids, but it was what worked for us.
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My husband and I got married two years ago. I'm 24 and he's soon to be 29. We are still completely childless, and we plan to keep it that way for a few more years. We simply enjoy it just being the two of us still. We have two older dogs, and they're enough for us right now. Don't rush just because everyone else around you is. Wait until the time is right, and you can be in the baby spotlight all by yourself :)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I was 19 when I had my first son. And while now that I have him I wouldn't give him up for anything, I do wish that I didn't have him so early. I've never been able to do the things young ppl do because I've had a child to care for. It was very hard. I would wait. There is no rush. Enjoy your twenties and be free! ;p
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    23 and 28
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    22 with my first and 34 with my second. I would have preferred to have them both when I was 27-31. I would have been able to do more with my life beforehand and would have liked to have them closer in age at a time in my life that I was more prepared to raise babies. 22 was too young and having my second at 34 is purely exhausting. I have the patience and the right tools for my kiddos now but the energy is just not there anymore if that makes much sense!! lol.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    26, and 29:flowerforyou: and worth the wait