Your User Name..What Gives?

Options

Replies

• erinnia
    erinnia Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My two daughters Erin and Nia. I have a son Matt too, but including his name didn't seem to fit as well - sorry Matt!!!
  • loadsandloads
    loadsandloads Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Mine is from my husband. He doesn't just say I love you he always says love you loads and loads. Simple reminder to me that he's with me on the journey.
  • MsEmmy
    MsEmmy Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I wanted to use a different name to the ones I use elsewhere so I took the 'Ms' from my usual networking name and used one of my dogs' names for the other bit = MsEmmy.

I'm married but hate the term 'Mrs'. I think it makes women sound old and also I object when I fill out a form or introducing myself I'm supposed to put 'Mrs' or 'Miss' and everyone knows whether I'm married or not but it's not the same for men. Just annoys me, so I am 'Ms' and also kept my maiden name.

Love how 'Sam' became 'Sham' cos the kid brother couldn't pronounce it properly....my son became 'Jofish' because his cousin couldn't say 'Joseph', and we still call him 'Jofe' now at 15 :) Also, my friend Sandra became 'Swander' because my boys couldn't pronounce her name!
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    One of my favorite songs...

The Presidents of the United States of America was the first CD that I ever owned...

Plus I really like peaches.
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This name was something I used for creating an email address when I got my first PC. I couldn't think of anything appropriate that hadn't already been taken. So I looked around where I was sitting for inspiration and there on the shelf sat a little pink stress ball which was shaped like a pig (given to me at a smoking cessation class). I always referred to it as my squashy pig. So that's where the name came from and I've used it ever since :laugh:
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    Well, first of all I am a nerd. The name is the name and 'title' of the Chief of Security from Star Trek DS9.

Why him? I relate very strongly to the character as he was early in the show. I could go into quite a lot of depth about it.

I am asexual. I am very much an outsider. I don't communicate well verbally beyond what is needed of me but I have a couple close friends who, I think, wouldn't have me any other way. Just about every realistic adjective they use about him applies to me. Haha. Now, if only I could shape shift.

Also. I love order. Each night I plan my next day's meals. I like to have plans for everything and have things arranged just so.

I think Worf would agree with you about the order thing. And being hospitable would only invite subsequent visits.

Pft. I loved that conversation they had. I was nodding the entire time. I think Worf really grew as a character in DS9 and became a pretty good one.

Unfortunately I have very little control over my own schedule. My dad is like "We will leave for work at 10" so I go upstairs at 9:58 and he isn't ready. We leave at 10:30. How hard is it to leave on time? Still, carpooling is cheaper than driving myself.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    JenAiMarre... French to English translation "I'm fed up"

Fitting for a "food" tracking website.....also describes my general disposition.

And my name is Jen.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I've been on the run from the Law so long.
    I just can't remember.

Pretty self explanatory...
    Name
    double entendre
    me fat, me mind

*Oh what's that in my pocket*?
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    It is what my grandmother would say as my temper would make an appearance, she'd say "oh boy, here comes a perfect storm..... Boy this kid doesn't get upset much but when she does....."
    My gram was one funny lady. :-)

She'd also ask the person who upset me something like "would you like your whooping with or with out lightening?" :-)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well, I am originally from Buffalo, NY and I love love love the Buffalo Sabres Hockey Team! Hockey players are strong and don't give up very easy.........That's how I feel about myself:bigsmile:
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    My name is Denise, but one of my nicknames is Dee. I'm getting married in a little less than 2 months so I opted for my married last name, not my maiden name.
  • succesfullyskinny
    Options
    It's the same as my blog name, it's so that people can recognize me
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,798 Member
    Options
    my astrological sign is leo ( and proud of it :wink: ) im a mom, and my favorite # is 72
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    My nickname throughout college since I was the president of a few organizations (and a resident assistant in charge of my entire dorm)... the number is my favorite number from elementary school when I had to change it for basketball.

I only put the number there since the original name was taken :grumble: lol j/k
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    sammn (my nick name - say "sam" not salmon) i am ii (too)

sam i am too.... get it?

Been using this same thing in one way or another since 97.... lol
  • FelizMi
    FelizMi Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    FelizMi is "happy me" (I think... that's what google translate told me lol)
  • Moosical
    Moosical Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm Moosical everywhere on line. I first went on the net back in 1997 and wanted the name MUSICAL (I'm a saxophonist) but that was rather popular, so I adapted it to moosical to match my musicality with the my love of cows (especially ermentrude from the magic roundabout) .. since then it's stuck ;)

My other half is 'thelovebug' and together we get called moobug .. we even had a cow and ladybird on top of our wedding came with our friends got, but our family didn't ;D
  • tonyrd3000
    tonyrd3000 Posts: 20
    Options
    Mine is my first name (shortened from Anthony to Tony), first letter of last name and the d3000 is the first DSLR camera I bought. Upgraded cameras, keeping the name.
  • GeekyGirlLyn
    GeekyGirlLyn Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My name is Lyn and Im totally a Geeky Girl. Thats the story behind my name.
  • coolbluecris
    coolbluecris Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Love the ocean
    My eyes are blue
    My name is Cris