How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale, so I weigh myself once a week at work (I work at a hospital, so it's nice and accurate)
  • stupidloser
    stupidloser Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once every 2 or 3 weeks, but I look in the mirror about 5 times a day. (LOL)
  • Lanna410
    Lanna410 Posts: 1
    Options
    I do it in the morning when I wake up.

4382240.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I do have a bad habit of weighing myself every day, and I say bad habit because it can be demotivating at times when I see that number go up! If I eat badly one day and give in to too much temptation and I see that higher number the next day, I tend to get down on myself and upset at what I did! It's not the same for everyone though, others would see those fluctuations and get more motivated to keep going and really push harder. I say it's different for everyone and it's a matter of what works best for you! I used to only weigh once a week before but I don't know why I feel the need to do it every day now! LOL
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, always have. I'm not bothered by the fluctuations. I just want to know where I'm at.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep me motivated and honest. If I go too long without weighing, I can easily regain what I've lost.
  • uwdiva
    uwdiva Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every Friday! Cant to small numbers, want to see big numbers~
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I heard that everyone weighs themselves every day, no more, no less. And if any person tells you otherwise, they are lying.
  • Dawnd92
    Dawnd92 Posts: 88
    Options
    I think it is a personal preference. I have been logging my weight in a calendar for the past 4 years. I have watched my weight go up and go down the past 4 years. Yes it was depressing when it was going up, up, up, up... so I quit logging for a few weeks here and there....

BUT since January 1, 2012, when I started to lose weight AGAIN, I have been logging my weight everyday. It helps with motivation for me. Some of my friends say it is discouraging when they see it go up a couple days in a row... I see it as a kick in the butt that I need to work harder!

It's up to you and how you view the ups and downs. :) Good luck!
  • debiw931
    debiw931 Posts: 34
    Options
    I use to only weigh myself weekly then I got a new scale and now I find I'm getting on it daily. I don't get upset with the daily fluctuations though because I know by now that is normal. I only officially weigh in once a week though.
  • jogglesngoggles
    jogglesngoggles Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning right after getting up. I have done this for years, it keeps me motivated and helps me know if what I am doing is working or if I try harder. I've done it for so long I can usually guess the number based on my prior days activities. I do need to set a designated weigh in day and actually log it regardless of up or down, I think that would help me a ton!!! Saturday morning it is!!
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm still looking for a happy medium. Once a week gives me too much wiggle room and everyday can be frustrating. I'm going to start weighing twice a week - Wednesdays and Sundays and will record my weight on Sundays.
  • hippiechel
    hippiechel Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep me on track, however, I only take it to heart and "officially" count it once a week.

i do this too. i weigh myself in the morning at home without clothes and before food, and sometimes also at work with clothes and before food. i find the scale at work to be a little bit more accurate. for some reason my home digital scale takes away 5 lbs. but weight loss rate is the same on both scales. i also measure myself about once a month.
  • sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Every morning, right after I turn on the shower to heat up. Always get on two or three times because sometimes the numbers are off the first time. I either get in the shower thinking about what I ate the past couple of days or I do a little jig!
  • 13pointUNO
    13pointUNO Posts: 51
    Options
    If I know that I'm eating right and exercising enough, I can go weeks without weighing myself. After all, it's just a number.
  • mandyrs2011
    Options
    I weigh myself every Monday it helps me stay focused for the work week ahead, but I do low carb so I check my ketosis daily. To me daily weigh ins are more useful for when you want to maintain your weight. It's just going to come down to whatever will keep you more focused and in the right mind set to make it happen : ) Good luck!!!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning when I wake up (11a) and every night before I go to bed (11p-12a), but I only log it once a week. I like to know how my body fluctuates daily and what kinds of foods/exercises contribute to the fluctuations, that way I have a better understanding of what's going on with my body. And it also helps keep me on track and motivate me to keep going. :)
  • MsDivineM
    MsDivineM Posts: 48
    Options
    Daily, though only track if I lost. I hate the scale and know I should only do it once a week but I can't help myself.
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every day because I felt that if I didn't I wouldn't achieve a thing. I obsessed to the point that it was effecting my eating and my workout. I wouldn't be motivated to workout anymore if my weight went up and I wouldn't be able to stay off the scale. I am nursing right now and working out and trying to lose weight and if I watch the scale go down only to bounce back up because I have to eat so much it would drive me insane. I am only weighing myself every 3 months now and measuring when I feel like it.
  • tammyandzach
    tammyandzach Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I was getting discouraged when I did it daily. But then I started tracking it on womanlog to see the graph. For whatever reason Monday is generally my low day. I cycle every week though.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!