How often does everyone weigh themselves?

Options

Replies

• Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning. Its better to do that and not wait a week to see if you are off track.

I sometimes weigh more than once, if I feel I might have lost in the middle of the day, but I wont record that.

I also might weigh before a workout to see how much I sweat off - my record is 4 pounds (not real weight loss)
  • Sassy2631
    Sassy2631 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I know they say you shouldn't, But, I'm a little obsessive about it, and If I don't, Then It will drive me crazy all day long.

12685538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • dwtimeoutt
    dwtimeoutt Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Midway through the week I will check in on the scale but my official weigh in is when I wake up on Monday mornings.
  • chonji4ever
    chonji4ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Every day, but don't record it every day. I think I need to look at the scale pretty often to keep on track. I can see what is working and not working a little better that way.
  • dbmcniel
    dbmcniel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh two times a week Monday & Friday am
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Never. I walk right by them many times a day.
  • builtforlife
    builtforlife Posts: 259
    Options
    Every single morning after I take a piss.
  • Marmitegeoff
    Marmitegeoff Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning first thing. Helps keep me on track.

+1

it helps to keep me motivated
  • christinalin
    Options
    about twice a month :) every other Sunday or Monday works for me. I know if I hop on the scale everyday I would begin to obsess over it so I take away the temptation. When I see my results they are greater than what they would be at weekly intervals helping me be super motivated to keep up the good work.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning after I run to the bathroom but I record it on here once a week. :)
  • naasirab
    naasirab Posts: 43
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. Once on Wednesday (the official weigh in that I record) then another a few days later just to make sure I didnt have any after weigh in gains or to see if I was holding any water weight that I lost after my weigh in day.
  • SoulsGirl
    SoulsGirl Posts: 10
    Options
    I weigh myself every time i hit the gym. Which is usually 6-7 times a week. I love it, keeps me on track and lets me know what's working for me and what isn't.

23866391.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning first thing. Helps keep me on track.
    ^ this!
  • hermione_ar
    hermione_ar Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily to keep me on track, however, I only take it to heart and "officially" count it once a week.

This is me too.
  • monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I weigh myself when I wake up and when I go to bed and have for ages. Just a habit. I don't find it demotivating at all.
  • OnAJourney0608
    Options
    I weigh in the morning. If I don't, I can ignore the "problem" BUT I only record my weekly Weds result for this site though I do for Sunday and Weds for my own personal. I also did the measurements because sometimes, it is more the changes of the body versus the scale that will help the most. :)
  • soulynyc
    soulynyc Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every single day. 3 x a day. L OL sounds crazy but i keep track of it on my phone and it shows me how i fluctuate and by how much depending on what im consuming that day. so i get up at around 4:30am every day so i weigh myself at5am.. then i go back to bed.. wake up again around 8:30am and do my daily morning routine and at abut 9am i weigh myself. Then i weigh myself right before bed.

what does this do for me.. well I like to do it like that! , and i think that this routine helps me stay focused as well for the next day. i have found that weighing myself half hour after waking give me the most accurate number. i log when i lose
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Once a week on Monday morning.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day, though sometimes I forget. It's not at all necessary, but I enjoy seeing the fluctuations and knowing how much water weight and etc I've got on me. I only log my weight on MFP when I see a loss on the scale. I don't bother tracking the gains.

I don't recommend weighing that often though unless you know you can handle it. I remember I freaked out once thinking I'd gained 5lbs from one bad day of eating, before I knew how many pounds water weight and constipation can really add. :laugh:
  • Daz49ers
    Daz49ers Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    every 3 weeks for me, gives me enough time to lose my weight
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!