Do you go to the gym alone or with a buddy?

Options
13»

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Wife and I go. We do the same lifts.
    It's nice, most the time.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, and here I thought I was being a meanie by not going with anyone. I'm a lot more comfy being alone. My gym is kinda clique-y and most everyone goes accompanied, but I like being alone or with the trainer.
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    Oh wow, and here I thought I was being a meanie by not going with anyone. I'm a lot more comfy being alone. My gym is kinda clique-y and most everyone goes accompanied, but I like being alone or with the trainer.

Nope, not a meanie at all! Everyone is different and some just like to do workouts alone. I also like working out alone because I can get it done a lot quicker; no chatting, etc...
  • itsDorian7
    itsDorian7 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed having a (consistent) training partner, it really helps to have someone to give me that much needed spot and push me past my comfort zone. My current partner is awesome, and is also a member here. However, I've had some in the past, that weren't as dedicated, in which case I'd rather train alone.
  • pehouser
    pehouser Posts: 3
    Options
    I go o Curves 5 times a week...love it!!!!
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have 4 "workout" buddies that I couldn't live without. We push each other and if I didn't know they were there waiting on me I probably wouldn't go. I am thankful for them and surprised and how many like working out alone. To each his own.
  • LindaLouLu
    LindaLouLu Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I go alone right now, but that's only because my husband is overseas. Once he gets home I'll have my gym buddy back! :drinker: