Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• fallencaryatid
    Options
    My main goal right now is to be able to buy clothes without any "X" in the size.
    The last time that happened, I weighed 175, so that is what I am aiming for.

After 2 kids, loads of stress and quitting smoking- I am currently 246 (size 20/22, or XXL)
  • Diamante140
    Options
    I'm looking towards 135-140 for myself. Hopefully, under a size 10.
  • gnatseyelashes
    gnatseyelashes Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Small Boned/Frame

125-130 lbs.

:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • smann1115
    smann1115 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
  • breathingfitness
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and I started out at 156 lbs and have made it down to 137. I'm happy where I am now but I still haven't "felt" like I've gotten smaller, yknow? Many people have commented on how small I got and all, and I do have times when I can see it or feel it and I'm shocked, but generally speaking I still walk around feeling just as self conscious as I did before. So I'm not sure, maybe if I hit 135 I'd be alright who knows
  • dynamicdreamer
    Options
    I'm 23 years old and 5'8" and the smallest I've been since high school is about 205, so I don't know how I'll look once I'm smaller than that. My goal is somewhere around 115-125, but I'll see how I look when I get closer to that number. Right now I weigh 220 lbs. I'd like to be slender with a little muscle definition, not Olympic track star/bodybuilder/fitness model swole. And I'd like to run a 30 minute 5K.
  • saigrundy
    saigrundy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    9 lbs from my goal of 155. on me this will be 34dd-26-39. from the front it's perfect hourglass since I "get it from my mama" in the booty.
  • reimaka17
    reimaka17 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm either 5'8/5'9'' and my ultimate goal weight is 145-150 lbs. I want to be thin but not TOO thin. I'm hoping I don't lose ALL of my breasts/butt when I get down to my UGW. I also want a bit of muscle.
  • LoisDrivesTheLane
    Options
    I'm 5''8 1/2 and my goal is 135, with a stretch goal of 130. I am recently menopausal at 48 and have gained weight I'm fighting to shed. Cardio 6x p/wk and strength training added 3x p wk and still can't get it off like in my 30's when it would fall off after a couple of good workouts. In 6 weeks I've lost 6 lbs. some would call that a healthy rate, but its a daily battle against a metabolism that hit a wall in the past 2 yrs.

Shakes (Shakeology) help 1x p day, the meal that directly follows your workout, and a lake full of water. I usually drink about 3-4 32oz water bottles p day.
  • wonderwoman234
    wonderwoman234 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and will be happy at 150. I had 21% body fat when I was this weight and wasn't doing the heavy lifting I am now. I have a large frame, so for me to shoot for the 130's would be unrealistic for me, I think. I may feel different when I'm back in the 150's though!
  • grneyedgoddess77
    grneyedgoddess77 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8"+ and I originally thought I would be happy at 169. But I see pics of me at 162 and I was way too skinny; I was 175 in high school and in super good shape. So now I don't really have a weight goal! I'll see when I get there. As long as I'm super strong and flexible! :)
  • cutiepie9447
    cutiepie9447 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A healthy BMI for someone who is 5'8 is between 140-150 lbs...anything less than that is medically considered underweight and I personally think too skinny and not attractive. We as woman were not made to look like stick figures. Why do we not want to have curves? My eventual goal is to be 160 but I would be happy as high as 170. My boyfriend would kill me if I lost any more than that. His motto is that no one wants to sleep with a skeleton lol
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    It's really cool you (grneyedgoddess) want to be super strong and flexible. I am tending to sympathize with the no exact weight goal. I am 5ft 8 1/2 inches and I like my weight between 138 and 153. In some (good) ways I look more rounded at 153 but dang my legs and butt looked fresh at 138. Of course it would be nice to fit into my size eights and tens because I like those clothes and they are already mine. However I have a long way to go just to get to a level of fitness that I can live with (as opposed to stroke or cardiac arrest); and I am going to play it by ear as I lose, deciding when it feels right.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    A healthy BMI for someone who is 5'8 is between 140-150 lbs...anything less than that is medically considered underweight and I personally think too skinny and not attractive. We as woman were not made to look like stick figures. Why do we not want to have curves? My eventual goal is to be 160 but I would be happy as high as 170. My boyfriend would kill me if I lost any more than that. His motto is that no one wants to sleep with a skeleton lol

Wrong.
    I do not know where you got this information from, but it is false. I am 5'10, 140Ibs and quite a bit above being underweight.

A healthy BMI for 5'8 would be 122 to 164 pounds.

From this site.

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.html

And I do not think body shaming is very cool. Some women are naturally at the lower end of the BMI chart. That does not make them skeletons or stick figures.
  • xoAnnettexo
    Options
    My goal weight is 170. I don't want to be TOO skinny but I don't want to be as heavy as I am now! :)
  • grneyedgoddess77
    Options
    I really hate hearing people judging anyone on WEIGHT. It's a number! And it's different for everyone! No ones body is like your own and we do not all fit into those boxes. Even at the exact same height my 169 can be drastically different from someone else's. I have a very large frame and I really pack on muscle. Even if you feel super thin bodies, or curvy soft bodies, are not to your liking - please PLEASE do not bash people for what could be their natural form. We are so different in this world. If you don't appreciate the differences, don't make people feel bad for them. Especially as women, with the horrible things they do to make us feel inadequate!!
  • cutiepie9447
    cutiepie9447 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Wrong.
    I do not know where you got this information from, but it is false. I am 5'10, 140Ibs and quite a bit above being underweight.

A healthy BMI for 5'8 would be 122 to 164 pounds.

From this site.

http://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/assessing/bmi/adult_bmi/english_bmi_calculator/bmi_calculator.html

And I do not think body shaming is very cool. Some women are naturally at the lower end of the BMI chart. That does not make them skeletons or stick figures.

Thank you for that...my info is indeed very wrong. Also, I agree that some people are naturally on the low end of their weight class but this is asking about our goal weights and I assume that most of us posting are not that lucky. I was not trying to "body shame". My concern, after reading through the posts is why people want to be the absolute thinnest they can possibly be?The world today scares me. Society says that you aren't beautiful unless there is a gap between your thighs. At what point did that become the norm? Marilyn Monroe?(whatever your opinion may be of her) She was a size 14. Magazine ads from the early 40's and 50's included advertisements from company's of women stating "Nobody liked me when I was too skinny, I took "insert product here" to gain weight and now I'm better than ever....etc)

Many times I ask myself why I even have a goal weight...shouldn't I just be aiming to be healthy? (Which according to every blood test known to man I was in perfect health even at 250 lbs). Anyway, I apologize if my post came off as offensive. That isn't at all what I'm here for.
  • grneyedgoddess77
    Options

Many times I ask myself why I even have a goal weight...shouldn't I just be aiming to be healthy? (Which according to every blood test known to man I was in perfect health even at 250 lbs). Anyway, I apologize if my post came off as offensive. That isn't at all what I'm here for.

Thank you for clarifying! I understand what you mean much better. I agree with you - health should be our focus! I think the pressure we are under from media, from society, is so extreme. We should have each others backs. Even if it means watching how we say stuff so as not to upset people. I know women who would gladly trade their natural thinness for my curves - and being called a stick figure or skeleton would hurt them very badly.
  • amblight
    amblight Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was thinking 143lbs, because that's 50lbs down, and lands me on 65kg, which seems reasonable.

Then I thought it would be so cool to get to 127lbs, since that's half of my starting weight - it's very lean though (still healthy BMI if that has any value), but it will depend on if I get into lifting weights - If I build some muscle, 127 is going to be way to low for me.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is 65 kg (143 lbs). But if I gain muscle, then so much the better, irrespective of the weight. And hopefully I will - plan to start lifting heavier and heavier.