Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Cripes. I might want to revise my goal... My goal is way higher than what others are aiming at. Maybe 160 isn't a goal but another step in not being a chubby housewife & working mom.

You aren't the only one aiming for that sort of goal at all. Seriously, don't worry about what other people are aiming for - 5'8" comes in all sorts of builds and structures and levels of lean mass/body fat. 130 might work for some, but it sure wouldn't work for me - I'd look, and probably be, ill at that weight. Somewhere in the 160-170 zone will be about right for me, and it might be right for you, too. Don't discount your goals because they're not everyone else's!
  • NicholePotato
    NicholePotato Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 145, thats what I was I was when I played a bunch of sports.
  • lucyluvsjesus
    Options
    Well hello everyone in here, I started exercising and eating healthier let's say when I got to 160 that's the heaviest I've ever been and I've never had kids I just kept on eating junk food and anything available zero exercise, my usual weight has always been 140-145 lbs.............. so I'm 5'8 and I'm aiming at being around 130 I think if you're fit and doing exercise that's not underweight at all. Just my opinion. I'm down to 155 now (-_-) long way to go :) keep up the good work ladies our body is our temple
  • ginaward1990
    Options
    I'm 5ft 8 and aiming for 144lbs....... it's the weight that sits right in the middle of my healthy BMI range. Last year I got down to 148lbs and felt great so I know that extra 4lbs would help get rid of my tummy pooch then id just like to tone up :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    damn- at the 120's comments- i couldn't imagine weighing that much- my friend is pretty ripped at 120-125 and she's three inches shorter.

I'm 180 right now and I look amazing- I'll look better after I cut- becuase boo for bulking- but I still think I look damn good for 180.

Goal weight is closer to 140/145 for a competition- but we'll see.
  • lauly101
    lauly101 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 7 and a half. My lowest (at end of uni) was 133, my highest (at start of this year) was 168 (omg that's the first time I have worked about the difference between my highest and lowest weight 35 lb! I must have been in more denial than I originally thought!). I am currently at 153 and aiming for 140 (my original aim was set for my bday on 6th May...so I feel it's kinda unattainable).
  • Emerald_light
    Options
    I'm '5"8 and my goal is to reach 170. I was that in High School so I know I will be comfortable with that weight. If I lose more that's great but right now 170 is my goal. I'm 210 / 208 depending on what scale I use so I have about 40 lbs to go. I'm not in a rush which really helps me
  • jakeya16
    jakeya16 Posts: 40
    Options
    hi!
    I'm 5'9 and I think I want my weight to be round 140ish. As of right now it's a goal but if I reach a weight I'm comfortable at before or even after the 140's I'd be ok with that. As Long as I'm satisfied with my body.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I am aiming for 155 at the least... I am at 165 right now... I can't imagin being any smaller... seriously

Ditto, although I don't quite have the muscles she has (yet!)
  • saragatch
    saragatch Posts: 12
    Options
    Wow, you're all much lower that what I thought mine should be. I appreciate all of your responses!

I am aiming for 160/165, which is 35/30 lbs lower than where I started at in January. We'll see where I feel best at, and who knows, maybe I'll push for lower or find my "happy place" somewhere higher.

I am 5'7 and I am going for 155-160 I also thought that some of the goal weights on here were low. I need to lose around 60 pounds to get near there so if I get to 155 and think I can lose more without going crazy I will go for. To be 160 would actually be pretty amazing to me.

Good Luck :)
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal is between 160-165.........that would be between a size 8 and 10 for me and quite manageble. About 10 years ago, I was in the 145-150 range and it was REALLY skinny on me.
  • xoshannonmichelle
    xoshannonmichelle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly over weight for my height. My goal right now is to get to 135-140 lbs. But I am going to stop before then if I'm happy with how I look. :) It depends on if my current body fat turns into muscle.
  • eelamme
    eelamme Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your bone structure too. I was 125 in my mid to late 20's and looked horrible, people always pegged me as anorexic. I look back at pics as I crept up in size and though it might be nice to be 150, I'm pretty sure I would be ok with 170. Even now at 205, I know I am over weight but am surprised at how many people don't believe me ...maybe they're just being kind. Idk. But for argument's sake, I will say 170.
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I would look skeletal and gaunt at 120, but obviously we're all built differently so that doesn't hold true for all. I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is around 140. I'm 147 and some change right now.... finding it v hard to get the last 7lbs off!
  • MaeC73
    MaeC73 Posts: 23
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and my goal is to be in my 130's again!
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" but have a larger frame, so my goal weight is 160-170.
  • taeaston
    taeaston Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and a crossfitter, ideal weight for me is 175. That of course is with lean muscle. Body fat % is what really matters not the scale number.
  • mrsgoochy
    mrsgoochy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm newly 5'7 ( just found out I'm shrinking) and I'm currently sitting at 167. I don't care to drop down much below 165 because, for me, that puts me between a 10 and a 12 and that is a beautiful thing! Small waist and great curves :)
  • alisonmarytuck
    alisonmarytuck Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and aiming for around 150 lbs. I was 140 when younger but think that would make me look gaunt now I'm older (aged59 years)
  • Lisaoliver75
    Lisaoliver75 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I also think everyone is quite low. It very much depends on your bone structure and muscle tone. My goal used to be 170...but I'm building muscle so who knows what I'm actually going to end up at. I would like to lose at least 2 pant sizes...I'm a 34 right now, in Silver jeans anyway. I am on week six of a 12 week challenge. In my first 4 weeks I only lost 1.8 lbs...BUT I lost 4.6% body fat and 3.4 BMI points. My trainer said that is WAY more important than the weight lost. Too many people rely on the scale and we shouldn't. The best thing to do is to get where you are comfortable, and what is most realistic to maintain.

Good luck on your journey!!