Women who are 5' 8", what is your weight goal?

Options

Replies

• Mpgirl78
    Mpgirl78 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going anywhere between 145-165 myself. I got down to 127 when I was going through my divorce in 2005 and I see pictures now and think that I look like I had a eat disorder or substance abuse problem. Definitely not a good look for my frame at 5'8". I would be completely satisfied at 165 and a size 9-10.
  • lovabee
    lovabee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am now at 200 lbs and aiming for 145-150, which is the weight I had 7 years ago. I still like some curves so I do not want to become too thin.
  • janjanorama
    janjanorama Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5 and My current weight is 192, I got down to 161 as my goal weight in weight watchers a few years ago, and I had to FIGHT my way there. 161 would be seriously had for me to maintain, I just happened to get it that one time as my mother passed away then and I couldn't bring myself to eat! This time, I'm cherishing every lb I get off and I'll be happy at anything less than 170. I have changed my exercise goals since then and my whole thinking around food with the aid of a counsellor (suffered from disordered eating, which was NOT helped by weight watchers!) so maybe this time I could get to 161 and stay there, but for the moment, I'm focusing on 180. Once I get there, I'll deal with 170, and then 161 *fingers Crossed

Should add that I'm looking for friends with weight goals in and around mine, my diary is open so add me if you want!
  • lauly101
    lauly101 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'8" and I am aiming for 11 stone ( 154lbs). At the moment I am fluctuating on 12 stone 11-12 lbs (179-180lbs) having started on January 6th on 14stone 1lb ( 197lbs) so still a way to go...but not stressing as don't want want to set myself up to fail.

Can I ask are you a teacher or work in a school? Weird question but it's the same day I started, first day of term!!! Lol x I'm assuming for 10 (I was 9.5 at uni) but think that's an impossibility. My husband is trying to put weight on to be 10.5 so if like to be less than him... For the whole time I've known him... 13 yrs
  • Angold83
    Angold83 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Dang, lol. I'm shooting for like 180. It's technically above the "healthy" weight, but I'm built thick. When I get there, I'll re-evaluate and see if I want/need to go any smaller.

^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^ I feel that if I make smaller goals then re-evaluate when I reach them, I am more likely to achieve my ultimate goal of 140.
  • katytheredhead
    Options
    Wow! My goal weight is 170-175. But I'm a larger frame and have never been a stick before. I felt great and looked great at 170, so that's what I'm hoping for. If I get any lower than that, I'm afraid I'd look sick. I'm down 30 pounds since this January and have 19 more to go to get to 175 :)
  • slove16
    slove16 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'8 1/2 and I weight 133. My happy weight is 120. I've been getting into running and every week I run 9 miles and I've gain 13 pounds!!! Why??? Doesn't make seance to me ( I know muscle weighs more then fat but have not gain a lot) so if someone can help it would be great.
  • imamanda4
    imamanda4 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm just barely 5'9 and my current goal is 180. (Sigh) I hit 5'9 at 13 years old and shortly there after hit 200.... Just over ten years later and I'm wishing I was back to "just" 200! I'm sure I'll make another goal once I get closer to 180, but baby steps for now
  • hockeychick8766
    hockeychick8766 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'8, currently about 220. My ultimate goal is 155. My mini goal is 215.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.3" but responding to this thread anyway b/c i haven't seen one for 5'7" women. ;) My original goal was 139. I got there and was still a bit more flabby than I wanted so I kept going. (Most of my adult life I've yoyo'ed between 139 and 161.) Recently I've been maintaining in a range of 130-133, a weight I hadn't really been since I was 20 ( I'd kind of like to be 128 but those last few pounds have seemed more trouble than they're worth). I'm in a size 8, sometimes a 6. At this point I've started a recomp. I wouldn't mind being 140-150 if it were a muscle gain (I can dream ;)). I have a small bone structure and not a lot of muscle; I know plenty of women my height who are in the 140-150's range and look very fit.
  • smann1115
    smann1115 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    135-140.
  • marleyskye05
    marleyskye05 Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and weigh 125 lbs. I am where I want to be!
  • k5520
    k5520 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just getting started here. I'm 5'8 and about 160ish. My goal weight is 140lbs.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Just slightly under 5'10 and I maintain at between 129 and 131 Ibs.
  • LaValkyrie
    Options
    5'8" with a small frame. I would like to be around 130. If anyone has similar goals, please add me as a friend!
  • 15Kylee
    15Kylee Posts: 1
    Options
    I currently weigh 145 & my goal weight is 135! I was once at 128 about a year ago and I would love to get there again, but I have gained a lot of muscle weight.
  • carleecolor
    carleecolor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Watch your water intake! That could be a factor too! People say too much water (64 or more oz for women) causes weight GAIN or no loss at all.
  • carleecolor
    carleecolor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Aiming for 135 but if I look better at 140-50 I'll stop there. Want to be a size small.
  • 1959sunshine
    1959sunshine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 8" and trying to get to 150.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    A healthy BMI for someone who is 5'8 is between 140-150 lbs...anything less than that is medically considered underweight and I personally think too skinny and not attractive. We as woman were not made to look like stick figures. Why do we not want to have curves? My eventual goal is to be 160 but I would be happy as high as 170. My boyfriend would kill me if I lost any more than that. His motto is that no one wants to sleep with a skeleton lol

Not every tall woman under 140 looks like a "stick figure." Everyone is different. I'm sure your 160lb figure will be beautiful.

But with broad curvy hips like mine, believe me, no one thinks I looks like a skeleton.

I'm 5'8", weigh 141, and am aiming to lose a few more. That would bring me to my pre-menopausal weight where I was for decades.