Skydiving...Have you done it?

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
Sunday I got to go Skydiving! It was amazing. Its something I have wanted to do since losing the most of my weight. I wish it was something I had done earlier in my life. I cant wait to do it again.

Have you ever jumped? Share a photo of your Jump! How was your experience?

2dlvtk0.jpg

Replies

• buffyblank
    buffyblank Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Glad you got to do this!!!! It is AMAZING!!! Haven't got to jump since college but creation is something to see with nothing but sky around you. Birds have it made.
  • mmarcy7
    mmarcy7 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but it's on my list of things to do. I am waiting until my kids are older, don't need to leave any orphans behind. Actually, I am hoping they will want to do it with me. My brother in law does it all the time.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,962 Member
    Options
    I made several hundred sport jumps in the late 70s. Too fun. Keep doing it and you'll be spending every dollar you have. It was my whole life for several years.

Eat, sleep, Skydive.

Knees in the breeze.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    The Army made me do it 21 between 1988-1990....
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Done it! So much fun!! Can't wait to go again!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    The Army made me do it 21 between 1988-1990....

Made you? lol...I wish someone would make me do it!
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I did it last year. Turns out there is a parachute that deploys so you don't die. Going hang gliding in a couple weeks.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Never done it, never wanted to do it. I can think of better ways to kill myself and other thrills I want to seek. Plus, afraid of heights doesn't help.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I did it in 1996 as a team-building at work. Enjoyed it, but completely lost my mind as soon as we stepped out of the plane. Forgot everything I was suppose to do. I got the video instead of a picture.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Nope. Not going to happen. I'll just stay on the group and watch others fall.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I've bungeed but never sky dive. I WANT to!! Ilove your pic!
  • Cindylou321
    Options
    Yes I have quite a few times
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Love it, my 3rd jump was from 14 000 ft freefall with a 38 second delay....AWEEEEEEESOME!!!
    Bungee'd when I lived in Western Canada...we actually jumped in Nanaimo on July 1st...naked, lol!

Good times...ha ha!
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    No, I have never done it and I want to sooooo bad!! It is def on my bucket list!!! It looks like you had an amazing time! Congrats!:bigsmile:
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    The big ol' girl in me won't let it happen. :blushing:
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    The big ol' girl in me won't let it happen. :blushing:

Imma kick the big ole girls *kitten* and just pull you right on out the door with me :laugh:
  • Altarian
    Altarian Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    it's on my bucket list
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Don't think I ever will. My father was an Air Force pilot who instilled in me the desire to have "the same number of take-offs and landings."
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure have - but I don't have any pics on this computer.

I did two tandems and then decided to get serious about it and learn to jump solo. I did 5 (or 6, can't remember) solos and LOVED it, the buzz was huge..... except that I messed up the landing on my last jump and smashed my ankle into a thousand tiny pieces. I've decided I'm too klutzy for such activites and will leave them to more co-ordinated folks.

I was never worried about the canopy not opening, even on my solos - you have a reserve chute which will open auitomatically when you reach a certain altitude, so there is a backup there. It is certainly scary, but the adrenalin rush and thrill of accomplishment is HUGE!
  • Tanyawhite30
    Tanyawhite30 Posts: 473
    Options
    I am going skydiving for the first time next week....Its been on my bucket list for a long time! I cant wait!