Skydiving...Have you done it?

Options

Replies

• emelypoynter
    Options
    I static line jump for the Air Force :) They pay me to jump out of planes! I'm an Airborne Meteorologist.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I've bungeed but never sky dive. I WANT to!! Ilove your pic!

Im more afraid of bungee jumping for some reason... Maybe over water
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    No, and unfortunately never will. Sounds like a blast. I start shaking like a leaf just standing on a chair/ladder to change a light bulb.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I want to do it SO BAD. But I can't for medical reasons. Sucks.
  • Linda_Darlene
    Linda_Darlene Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great Photo! But personally, I see no reason to jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane. I will land :bigsmile: with the plane!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I have and there are pictures somewhere and I think my mom has the video. I am PETRIFIED of heights, but it was exhilarating and like that eating that deep fried cheeseburger last night (or half, on a dare), I'm glad to say I've done it, but don't feel the need to do it again....
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    I have and there are pictures somewhere and I think my mom has the video. I am PETRIFIED of heights, but it was exhilarating and like that eating that deep fried cheeseburger last night (or half, on a dare), I'm glad to say I've done it, but don't feel the need to do it again....

heh...Cheeseburger :) Id jump out of a plane to get that thing!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    SURE HAVE! It was about 16 years ago tho! It was AAAAAAMAZING!!!! I wouldn't mind doing it again! :bigsmile:
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I've done it and I plan to do more once I can afford it again. I met my husband that way! He is a skydiver and I was just starting AFF the weekend I met him. So far I've done 3 jumps as a part of my AFF (accelerated free fall) progression, but it's hard to get your license when you're broke :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: If you loved your experience (which I'm betting you did!!!!) don't hesitate to talk to the other jumpers at the DZ you went to and ask them what they love about jumping. What's awesome about the skydiving community is that people of all walks of life, from students to doctors to artists to business professionals, all partake in it. And once you're in the skydiving family, you're in it for life and there really is no better family out there, IMO. It is TRULY an addictive sport and I totally recommend anyone try it at least once in their life. Don't be afraid! Make sure to go ahead and pay the extra bit of cash to have someone film or take pics of your first jump :love: :love: :love:
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    No but it's on my list of things to do before I die.
  • debussyschild
    Options
    Great Photo! But personally, I see no reason to jump out of a perfectly functioning airplane. I will land :bigsmile: with the plane!

Every skydiver will tell you... there is no such thing as a perfectly good airplane! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • rumpusparable
    Options
    Skydiving is something that to this point in life I can't do. Reason: I don't trust other people not to screw up.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It fascinates me, but I am not sure I would. A friend looked into tandem jumps for us a while back but I learned you had to be under 200 lbs by that company's standards. I wasn't there then. I'm right there now, so I COULD think about it... but I think I'd rather start small. I've got a zipline trip planned coming up... BABY STEPS!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    no need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane
  • debussyschild
    Options
    I made several hundred sport jumps in the late 70s. Too fun. Keep doing it and you'll be spending every dollar you have. It was my whole life for several years.

Eat, sleep, Skydive.

Knees in the breeze.

Nice :drinker: So true, though... Skydiving never gets any cheaper!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I did it and loved it. I have serious motion sickness issues and threw up after landing. But i would do it again and again, even if I knew i was going to vomit every time. It was so worth it!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have, it was something that was always on my bucket list and on May 30 of this year I got to cross that off of my list. I am utterly terrified of heights (I can't climb a ladder of any height or cross a bridge without having a light panic attack) and I hate planes with a passion but this was something I felt I needed to do. The hubby figured I would change my mind at the last minute but I didn't, I got into that small, tiny, itty bitty plane - was attached to my tandem master and jumped out of that perfectly good airplane with a smile on my face :happy: I will never do it again but was happy that I did do it and was able to cross it off of my bucket list.

My profile pic is one pic from shortly after leaving the plane.
  • leahalissa
    leahalissa Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    It was a present to myself for having lost weight.
    Best thing I've ever done.

1811324470.jpg
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    It was a present to myself for having lost weight.
    Best thing I've ever done.

182818_10100485832604425_1004835868_n.jpg

id be thinking OMFG i just jumped and now im gonna down in the ocean
  • afigueroa_pr
    afigueroa_pr Posts: 344
    Options
    This is something that I want to put on my bucket list.