How can you tell a girl likes you...

Options
With being so over weight for such a long time and having a failed marriage, how can you tell a woman likes you? Especially if your still shy and still see the old self?

Replies

• ErikaLynn89
    Options
    Well, I think the first thing you need to address is your self confidence. No girl will ever like/love you if you don't love yourself. I know it's tough to move past what you used to look like but, that's just the point. It's what you USED to look like. That said, girls are pretty easy. If we like you, we spend time with you...simple as that. If we ask about your life beyond the generic "how are you?", if we touch you while we're speaking to you and all those silly signs you already know.

It's all in the gut for the most part. If you think she likes you, go for it. The most she can say is "no" and you're not really in a worse place than you were before.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    ask her if she likes you!

if she talks to you a lot (forgoes sleep to talk to you is a great sign)

you look pretty sexy so i'm gonna go with yes.
  • kymillion
    kymillion Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    With being so over weight for such a long time and having a failed marriage, how can you tell a woman likes you? Especially if your still shy and still see the old self?

if shes all up on your wall every single. day.

if shes constantly sending you PM's.. if she makes a point to comment on all your statuses
    in "real life" its the same

goes out of her way to say HI

does little things for you

smiles a LOT when you are around

maybe touches you innocently..
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Well, I think the first thing you need to address is your self confidence. No girl will ever like/love you if you don't love yourself. I know it's tough to move past what you used to look like but, that's just the point. It's what you USED to look like. That said, girls are pretty easy. If we like you, we spend time with you...simple as that. If we ask about your life beyond the generic "how are you?", if we touch you while we're speaking to you and all those silly signs you already know.

It's all in the gut for the most part. If you think she likes you, go for it. The most she can say is "no" and you're not really in a worse place than you were before.

^^^that there pretty much says it all :smile:
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    she tells you.
    she contacts you more than is necessary.
    she doesnt break eye contact with you.
    she giggles all the time when she talks to you.
    she finds a way to touch you while she is talking to you.
    you just know.
  • Krizzo87
    Krizzo87 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    Everything said so far pretty much covers it!! :smile:
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I find some way to touch a guy on the arm or I laugh at all the "funny" things he says lol. Also, I text him back right away when he texts me.
  • kymillion
    Options
    she tells you.
    you just know.

Kinda like I* have my paws all over snw_ right now.. I forward stalk her and arm wrestle people to be able to claim FIRST dibs on drinking night... I even offered to kiss her rear because it was totally injured today :( ..
  • mmarin81
    mmarin81 Posts: 241
    Options
    Good question but I'm sure if you have a female in mind she is probably diggin you man. I think its all in the way she looks at you.
  • seanson4774
    Options
    ask her if she likes you!

if she talks to you a lot (forgoes sleep to talk to you is a great sign)

you look pretty sexy so i'm gonna go with yes.

Blush....Thank you :)
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    She will do this to you:

david-and-goliath-girls-kick-balls-tee_gif.jpg
  • ShareeMorty
    ShareeMorty Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    We usually make it pretty obvious :wink:
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options

yup...girls bring sammiches when they like a guy
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    she tells you.
    you just know.

This.
  • Cliffy94
    Cliffy94 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    wow just read your profile and seen your before and after pics seanson! Wow! you really are a true inspiration with how you have changed your life. If you put in even half as much effort as you have done with your fitness journey then this girl would be crazy not to like you!

Keep up the great work!
  • YaBoiMUGS
    YaBoiMUGS Posts: 237
    Options

WRONG!!! You women think you do, but you forget that we're not friggin' mind readers!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Dude, it took me a while when I was first on my own because I had been out of the game for 16 years. But, I picked it back up. But, it did take some time. Basically, here's how it goes. If you like her, throw her a bone or two, and see how she takes it. If she likes you, she'll laugh and show friendliness and be flirty. If she doesn't, or if she's not interested, just friendly, she'll act a little differently, she'll say something about her boyfriend or husband, or she'll use body language that closes her off or keeps her away from you sort of. Women have awesome body language. You just know by the way they lean in and talk to you, and when they laugh and really stupid things you say. If she doesn't like you in that way, she'll close up her body...no leaning in, maybe arms cross. Maybe she'll look around the room while you're talking to her, meaning she's not interested. They are pretty easy to read. Mainly, if they pay attention to you, you're in. But, you gotta move, they usually wont make a move until you do. Suck being a girl. You just sit there and hope a dude you like will make a move. LOL. I've always thought that that blows for a girl.
  • meajj
    meajj Posts: 2
    Options
    It's totally understandable that you would be nervous about how to figure that one out, but no matter what, new you or old you, wasnt it always hard to figure out if a girl was into you? You look great and Im sure if a girl likes you, you will be able to tell. You just have to go with how you feel in your gut. If you really like someone and youre not sure and go for it and they say no, isnt it better to know and be able to move on. Just because they dont like you like that wont be a rejection to you, youre still going to be awesome and good looking :) so take the chance it will all work out ok in the end!
  • kymillion
    Options
    She will do this to you:

david-and-goliath-girls-kick-balls-tee_gif.jpg

You are so right...

honestly I have had crushes on people for YEARSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS without them knowing .. lol.. I am just that shy..

and the by the time they initiated or figured it out I had moved on.. lol.. my pining limit is 2 years.. if by then you dont realize your loss.. lol.

so I think maybe you should look for all these signals .. and then .. kinda maybe ask her if she would like to go do something with you .. something that involves conversation I E no loud concerts .. or movies.. something where you guys can interact more.. if she says Yes and is smiling you have a good indication that she likes you.. if she kinda hesitates or starts stuttering .. RUN.. lol
  • seanson4774
    Options
    Thank you Cliffy. Thank you so much everyone for sound advice but yeah us guys ain't mind readers and would be so much better if we was and so I say why can't New Zealand women be like the women offering sound advice on MFP