Beginners Walking Challenge Session 3

Options
1235»

Replies

• chubsternomore
    Options
    Hi ladies, hope you all have been having a good week--I have been trying to get walks in on my breaks and lunches at work. so far i only do about 3 10 min walks a day....I am off on Monday and Tuesdays and did my Leslie Sansone walk away the lbs...I am embarassed to admit but i can only do the first mile of the tape. :blushing: my goal for myself for this week and the coming week will be to do her mile walk everyday, and hopefully walk after work next week.... i have a crazy schedule working next week and will be doing a few overnights...but i'm there alone so maybe I can get some stretching in???? or jogging in place :ohwell: I am walking with my BFF tonight after work and have my pedometer so am looking forward to see how many steps I can put on today :tongue:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies, hope you all have been having a good week--I have been trying to get walks in on my breaks and lunches at work. so far i only do about 3 10 min walks a day....I am off on Monday and Tuesdays and did my Leslie Sansone walk away the lbs...I am embarassed to admit but i can only do the first mile of the tape. :blushing: my goal for myself for this week and the coming week will be to do her mile walk everyday, and hopefully walk after work next week.... i have a crazy schedule working next week and will be doing a few overnights...but i'm there alone so maybe I can get some stretching in???? or jogging in place :ohwell: I am walking with my BFF tonight after work and have my pedometer so am looking forward to see how many steps I can put on today :tongue:

Once you've done the Leslie Sansone tape for awhile you will know the moves well enough to do most of them on your breaks at work. Since you are alone, just do the best you can and enjoy knowing you are doing something GOOD for yourself.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Where did all the walkers go??

Went for a 40 minute walk tonight, it felt good!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers, I walked 3 miles this morning and wogged 2 miles tonight. I jogged about a mile of those 2 miles I wogged. It felt great !!!! I haven't een tried to jog in about 15 years. I'm going to wogg every night I can until I'm jogging all my miles !!!! Cindy :heart:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well Hello Everyone!!! I am baaaack!LOL :happy:

I am starting over.....yet again.:frown: It sure is hard sometimes to stick with it. I wish food didn't taste so good, :grumble: :wink: hehe I am getting back with walking & eating right! I'll keep at it, till I get it right :ohwell:

:heart: Michelle
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    WOW Cindy! You are still doing AWESOME! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good morning all just checking in :smile: Cindy you are an inspiration to us all:happy:
    On Monday I got up early rode my bike to my daughters and around the trailor park where she lives which is a mile, did that twice. My grandson was outside and said "I go mom-mom" so then I did wogging for a mile pushing him in his "Little Tykes" car. I jogged 2 minutes walked 3 minutes jogged 2 minutes walked 3 minutes etc. ( he loved it). til I got back to my daughters then rode my bike 3 more miles. Later that night I went over to babysit and did Leslie Sansone 3 mile just for good measure. I lost another pound last week, which brings be back to 34 pounds lost. Hope all had a wonderful Labor Day. Keep up the good work and remember to drink:drinker: drink:drinker: drink:drinker: that water, Rosemary
  • donna56
    donna56 Posts: 412
    Options
    Hi everyone! I haven't been doing any treadmill walking this week, I've been too tired after work. Got some walking in at work though. I don't no how many calories I have burned either. This evening I am going to get some walking in .

208998.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Calculator
  • nytoaz
    nytoaz Posts: 143
    Options
    Hi, Checking in (forgot to check in last week). I walked M, W, and F last week and M, W & Th this week :smile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    annnnnnnnnnd I'm back! LOL sorry I fell off the walker challenge wagon...for the 2nd time.:blushing:

I haven't been away from MFP tho, I'm still doing good, just started doing some other exercises.

Cindy, you're still doing great! You go girl :happy: Wogging is a great exercise :flowerforyou:

Michelle, haha nice to see you back too.

It's raining out right now, so as soon as it lets up, I'm hoping to go for a walk. :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Still open for anyone to join? I've been walking about 4-5 times a week, 1.2 miles.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I did my walking yesterday. :smile: Not sure how far I walked or for how long. It was the first time I didn't pay attention. I do know it was for awhile tho. It was refreshing and nice to not pay attention to the time. I didn't have to worry about pushing myself to go 10 more mins or to make sure I walked at least a half hour. I just kept going and going :smile:

Now I'm gonna jet outside for a quick one before it rains! I hope it holds out until I'm done :tongue:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I burnt a lot of cals today :happy: def happy about that!

How's everyone doing today?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    went for another walk today, but didn't walk as far as I wanted to...my puppy was shivering from the cold so we turned around and headed back home.

Looks like the thread is a bit quiet today. How's everyone doing?
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Walked at the park yesterday for 60 minutes--2.8 mile.

Today I had to go for a shorter walk because of Moms ' Dr appt and church so only 50 minutes--1.78 mile.

Hopefully it will be cool enough to walk outside again tomarrow.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Haven't had time to go for a walk yet. I'm lacking motivation today. I hope to get outside before it gets dark. Cross your fingers for me. I hope I go lol
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    my mom, sister and i just started the couch to 5k program on monday. we're doing it mon, wed and thurs nights.

i'd love to join the walking challenge, i can do this the nights i'm not doing couch to 5k. my walking days will be tues, fri, sat. looking forward to another challenge to keep me motivated!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    Walked around the neighborhood for an hour.:glasses: I've lived here nearly 20 years and I have only walked the neighborhood a handful of times.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers- I'm baaack- I've walked 16 miles so far this week. I doubt I'll walk tonight since I'm at work until 8 pm and then I need to go to the grocery store. I will walk tomorrow and Sunday though. Have a great weekend everyone ! Cindy :heart: