The hassle of drinking plain water

Options
124»

Replies

• tracy63janis
    Options
    When I started this fitness 'thing' (and no, I am not done) I hated water. My drink of choice was milk...lots of milk. I don't drink sodas because I really dislike the taste. So it was milk or maybe lemonade. But then I started counting how many carb/calories are in a glass of milk...water was demanded! LOL! After a very short time I started craving water. I get a big boost in the morning after my workout when I drink 24 oz with my fiber drink (yes, veggies are still on my 'gotta work on' list). Then 32 more oz during the work day, easy to do because my job requires me to talk alot! Talking makes one thirsty. Then a glass with dinner and done! As I was told, if it's important to you...you will do it. For me, it's about meeting the goal of at least 64 oz a day. Anything over, just helps clear my system of toxic waste. I am almost 49 and my skin is so much healthier than it was when I was 29!:flowerforyou:
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I only drink plain water. It took some time, but now I prefer water over anything else except for my coffee in the morning (which I count in my water total). I agree that artificial sweeteners can become adicting making your body think it needs more. I do not agree that they are necessarily bad for your body's health. Yes, they are chemicals, but so is water. I won't get on my soapbox about aspartame. In moderation, just like everything else including water, it is fine.

I switched many years ago to drinking only diet soda. I then switched to only clear diet soda and diet teas. Of course, I have always liked Sun Tea, so have drank it a lot during the summer. Not sure exactly what happened, but I got to the point where soda no longer quenched my thirst. I was at that point that I started drinking it only with my meals and drank water the rest of the day. Now, I have a soda maybe one or twice a week. I know that drinking ice cold filtered water was a big part of the change. Dont give me tap water, I can taste it. YUCK!!!!