The real "cool kids"...

Options

Replies

• Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this "cool kids" label.

I've lost 114 pounds and i'm always frozen...maybe i'm more of a chilly kid, or a popsicle kid....perhaps an ice age kid....

cool kid? nope...

why do i get colder the more I lose?

Oh and the original post OP? Awesome and SO true.

L
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    lol-cats_i-love-this-thread-so-much.jpg
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Reported. :explode:
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    You forgot that they don't make fake acounts for the sole purpose of hiding while calling people out. :indifferent:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    JMHO, I think a cool kid is someone who is supportive and doesn't kick others while they are down. Knows the old saying of, "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all". And remembers that they too were at the beginning at some point and we all have to start somewhere. Even if that start is slow.

I will go now and continue to lurk on the edges of a cruel and unfriendly place, minding my own business with my truely cool friends.

That's just it. If we don't say what you WANT to hear, we're "kicking others while they're down"....No, we're not. We're being honest. We're explaining something that should already be known. We're helping through something called "tough love"....or "suck it up support". I'm not going to lie and sugar coat things just because people can't handle the reality. If you don't want honest answers, don't ask the question.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    SMASH!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Someday I'll be cool. Some...day
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of cool friends and they say birds of a feather flock together right?

Proud moment: used to whine and waste more energy making excuses and now I use every day interruptions and annoyances to push me to work harder. :bigsmile:

I am still learning though, so you probably won't see me correcting anyone any time soon, but if I am personally given bad info I will argue. No doubt about that!
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If we all become cool kids, does that mean its not cool anymore?

Hmm...now I'm pondering if "cool" is relative in the same way that motion is relative. Can one be cool without being compared to other people? I think yes. According to the standards set by the OP, we can all become cool kids and we'd still be cool; it just wouldn't be that noteworthy.

Lol, great answer.
  • MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Holy crap, I'm 29, and for the first time in my life, I'm a cool kid! :)
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    word+to+your+mother.jpg
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Amen.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Boom! Exactly!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Well done, sir. :drinker:
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    Taso, when I grow up, I wanna be you!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Knows the old saying of, "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all

See the 10th item down ("tell it like it is"). It doesn't have to be "nice" to be true. Not saying anything at all in response to misinformation is a disservice to the community here.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Well said.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Plan their lives around their training and nutrition

I agree with every word you said... except for the piece quoted above. I don't think I need to plan my life around training and nutrition. It's part of my daily routine, but I plan my life around my responsibilities (job/managing the household/etc) and caring for the people I love.

I went through a phase where I planned my life around training and nutrition. Letting training and nutrition be my focal point morphed into exercise bulimia for me. I was a miserable person and made a lot of people around me miserable. I let my dedication to training and healthy food rule every moment of every day and ended up missing out on a lot of joy. It wasn't healthy.

Life is too short to let diet and exercise rule everything!
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I hope to wear this "tag" soon... :drinker: Great post... double thumbs up!!