Any 1,200 cals/day willing to show me their food diary?

Options

Replies

• ebonypixie
    ebonypixie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Mine is set for 1470, sometimes Im over (weekends), mostly Im under (exercise weekdays).. I do light breakfasts and lunches and then keep calories for dinner and snacks in the evening when my energy is really low

Its not as hard as you might think but Id suggest adding in exercise so that you can eat up to 1400-1500. Itll keep you sane and also easier to get the right nutrition for your body at a higher calorie goal. Plus the added benefits of your body looking more lean and toned ;)

Best of luck
    Niamh x
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Kind of samey but it suits me atm :)

Edit to add that I do drink all of my water but for some reason ALWAYS forget to log it
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine - should be open. I wouldn't stress to much about how much they over estimate for calorie burn. Just make healthier choices - whole foods. Best of luck on your new journey!! :happy:
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump
  • purple_orchid
    purple_orchid Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have trouble staying at 1200
  • Meatsies
    Meatsies Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Why do you guys eat so little?

I like you already.

ETA: Ooooooooh, and I was just really nosy and looked at your food diary.
    You eat GOOD STUFFS! Excellent work!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    FR me...mine is open. Just dont use today as an example because i forgot my lunch and i'm eating my 100 cal snack for lunch instead. ooops.
  • dwilkerson89
    Options
    I'm currently carb cycling and my allowance is much higher but 6 days a week I'm typically around 1200 cals and very low carb. Feel free to take a look.
  • PARCELQUEEN
    PARCELQUEEN Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    you can take a llok at mine
  • CdnPgnMom
    CdnPgnMom Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. I eat between 1200 and 1550 a day, but stick to the lower end of things. Last week was sporadic, but I'm much more on track this week. Oh! And I haven't logged anything today because I am cheating...lol.
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm around 1,340 on non-workout days, but it should give you some ideas. I eat a lot of high fiber, high protein food, but I'm by no means a clean eater. If it's not open to the public, all are free to add me.

Good luck on your weight loss!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    if this is a serious Q- its what MFP set us at based on our stats
  • AmberElena
    AmberElena Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hii!
    Buy the Polar HRM & watch - it's roughly $110 at Best Buy & it's the best investment you'll make. Don't ever go by machine and MFP calories burned, it's WAY over what you really burned. The heart rate monitor is super easy to wear on your chest, very comfortable and the watch is easy to work, just two clicks after your strength or cardio work-out and you'll know the EXACT amount of calories you've burned. With the machine and MFP counting the calories you burn you're probably eating way more than you should also! Hope this helps :)
  • SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Me :)
  • TaylorJadey
    Options
    I don't know exactly what you're doing for exercise, but I know that I don't rely on myFitnessPal's calorie calulations. I, instead, use exercise machines that tell you how many calories you are burning according to how fast and how long you exercise, as well as how old you are and how much you weigh. I trust the machines a lot more and use that. It is really hard to only eat 1,200 calories a day. This diets are more made for people that aren't going to have time to exercise, hence, such low calorie goals. So I throughly recommend that you continue to exercise to make up for those lost calories, and it will most likely give you better physical results. :) Also, if you don't have access to machine like that, you could always purchase a tracker that you wear in order to calculate all of those things.

On days that you do not significantly exercise to burn calories, start off the day with your biggest meal. That's why breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gets your metabolism going, and can be bigger because your body has the longest time to digest it. If I'm drinking something with calories in it, that is the only time I would reccommend drinking it. The rest of the day I would drink water. Just balance. I also make a goal to have 3, 400 calories meals. Now of course, this would only be possible in a perfect world, but if you aim for those calorie total, then you can replace or omit calories in different places to stay on track. I find the calculating, cooking and journaling all a good distraction from not eating as much as usual.
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    also welcome to look at mine! I have to be more creative with my calories than a lot of people because i hate veggies for the most part....so yeah. :)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    if this is a serious Q- its what MFP set us at based on our stats

Um... wow. Are you new to MFP? Set your own goals. 1200 is the bare minimum and MFP doesn't condone people eating below that. Because you're hurting your body. SMH
  • iiiEllie
    iiiEllie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mines there.

I also noticed a lot of the 1200 cals a day eat nearly nothing.
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    You're welcome to snoop around my diary...LOL
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

I like you already.

ETA: Ooooooooh, and I was just really nosy and looked at your food diary.
    You eat GOOD STUFFS! Excellent work!

I love food lol. Starving myself doesn't work well for me or my body, so I'm going to stick to what my TDEE/BMR say. And, is ignorance bliss or what?!