Any 1,200 cals/day willing to show me their food diary?

Options

Replies

• nilesbollinger
    nilesbollinger Posts: 86 Member
    Options
  • cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You can look at my plan its set for 1310 but I tend to stay around 1200. Please by-pass this week as I am cutting 250 cals a day to make up for my overage on the weekend for a wedding. But prior to the weekend you can peek at.
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    This is very interesting to me too - I feel the same way as KristinaMarie, I have wondered if MFP over estimates the calories from exercise. Would it be possible to see the diaries too? I am also a 1200/per day caloric intaker. I started MFP weighing 155 (even though when I joined MFP I weighed 147). Now down to 141 lbs and goal is to get to 130 lbs. But, alas these last 10 lbs seems to be tough. Perhaps my diet needs to be changed. Would any one of you be willing to share your diary with me too. Thank-you to KristinaMarie for posting this--I wondered but just did not ask.

Typical meals for me are:

B: english muffin with peanut butter / or english muffin with a hard boiled egg / coffee with skim milk / or "just right" cereal with 1% milk
    L: green salad with light dressing and a protein (ie. chicken or tuna) / or soup (ie. tomato) with fresh veggies like carrot sticks
    S: apple / or orange / or veggies with hummus (about 2 tbsp)
    D: grilled or pan fried no oil chicken or fish with steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc) or lean steak grilled with same veggies/ or steak or chicken wraps with veggies inside (ie. sprouts, lettuces ,shredded carrots, avocado, green peppers, etc)

My food is pretty much the same I feel like I probably wouldnt cheat so much if I had a better variety.

Any suggestions or tips would be much apreciated,

thank-you

Dana

i've found MFP over estimates, because calories burned should be based on your weight/target HR. i found another app that calculates your calories burned based on these factors and thats what i use. HRM is always the best way to go though, i'm going to be investing in one soon.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Why do you guys eat so little?

When I entered all my information MFP gave me 1200. I did research the whole TDEE thing and used some scooby-something site that someone recommended and it gave me a BMR of 1449 and TDEE of 1739. Since I workout daily and get to add back in some calories, I basically get the same numbers from MFP as I do with TDEE...that is if I'm figuring it correctly that is. LOL Because I do some form of exercise everyday I rarely only eat 1200 calories. :smile:
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. Go right ahead.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options

I like you already.

ETA: Ooooooooh, and I was just really nosy and looked at your food diary.
    You eat GOOD STUFFS! Excellent work!

Hello, are you referring to me? That I eat good? If you are, thanks! I try but I do struggle because I'm not big on seafood or many green veggies. If you were talking about the girl who asked why we eat so little, just ignore me. :wink:
  • danaboogerd
    Options
    thanks that was helpful!
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    This is very interesting to me too - I feel the same way as KristinaMarie, I have wondered if MFP over estimates the calories from exercise. Would it be possible to see the diaries too? I am also a 1200/per day caloric intaker. I started MFP weighing 155 (even though when I joined MFP I weighed 147). Now down to 141 lbs and goal is to get to 130 lbs. But, alas these last 10 lbs seems to be tough. Perhaps my diet needs to be changed. Would any one of you be willing to share your diary with me too. Thank-you to KristinaMarie for posting this--I wondered but just did not ask.

Typical meals for me are:

B: english muffin with peanut butter / or english muffin with a hard boiled egg / coffee with skim milk / or "just right" cereal with 1% milk
    L: green salad with light dressing and a protein (ie. chicken or tuna) / or soup (ie. tomato) with fresh veggies like carrot sticks
    S: apple / or orange / or veggies with hummus (about 2 tbsp)
    D: grilled or pan fried no oil chicken or fish with steamed veggies (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, etc) or lean steak grilled with same veggies/ or steak or chicken wraps with veggies inside (ie. sprouts, lettuces ,shredded carrots, avocado, green peppers, etc)

My food is pretty much the same I feel like I probably wouldnt cheat so much if I had a better variety.

Any suggestions or tips would be much apreciated,

thank-you

Dana

You're welcome! Looks like we're getting plenty of help, ideas and support! :smile:
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Ohhh, love the cattiness here. She didnt ask if she should be eating 1200 a day she just asked to view others. If she wanted advise she would have asked.
    :heart: this.
  • saraya12
    saraya12 Posts: 13
    Options

When I entered all my information MFP gave me 1200. I did research the whole TDEE thing and used some scooby-something site that someone recommended and it gave me a BMR of 1449 and TDEE of 1739. Since I workout daily and get to add back in some calories, I basically get the same numbers from MFP as I do with TDEE...that is if I'm figuring it correctly that is. LOL Because I do some form of exercise everyday I rarely only eat 1200 calories. :smile:
    Same here. i calculated my numbers on various calculators and websites (not just MFP); and they all gave me somewhere between 1200-1260 calories. Some even gave me numbers in the 1100s! So i just set my MFP goal to 1220.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Mine is open, but you can add me too if you'd like.

Don't mind the nay-sayers, they think they know more than a dietitian.

I do eat out every so often, but obviously it's not hurting. ;)

I don't eat back my exercise calories (my dietitian told me not to).

I'm not starving either. :laugh:

Thanks! I am always open to constructive criticism. I ignore those that are just mean or negative like you. :wink:

That came across wrong. I didn't mean YOU are negative. I meant I ignore them like you ignore them. oopsie, LOL
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I knew what you meant. :wink: Good luck, you got this!
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options

Same here. i calculated my numbers on various calculators and websites (not just MFP); and they all gave me somewhere between 1200-1260 calories. Some even gave me numbers in the 1100s! So i just set my MFP goal to 1220.

So it looks like we're doing what we should be doing. :smile:
  • CameoDouglas
    CameoDouglas Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :) Mine is currently set to 1300 since I'm running but I will lower it as I lose weight again.
  • Lea_8D
    Lea_8D Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My diary should be open, but feel free to friend anyway. I have it set at 1210 and eat back some or most exercise calories, which gives me a nice "zig-zag" of cals. I actually average about 1330 overall.

Before anyone criticizes my settings: I don't use MFP estimates. I custom-set my goals based on my measured metabolic rates and calculate my exercise calories based on a HR monitor and what I burn in my zones as measured by a cardio test. I do what works for me and let everyone else decide for themselves how they want to do it. I enjoy what I eat, I'm not hungry, and I'm losing about a pound a week.
  • LrdTwitchyMcChin
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Mine's open for my friends. :)
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Mine is available to my friends. You're more than welcome to add.
  • sarita446
    sarita446 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine is public :-) Most days I go over 1200 - it's more like 1300! Depends on the day's activiites and such.
  • HannahDiaz25
    HannahDiaz25 Posts: 104
    Options
    Mine is open... although I usually eat back the calories I work out so its not exactly 1200... it does net to 1200 though (Usually... unless I'm having a hungry day) :laugh:
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    Sure, knock yourself out!