A poll: How often does your family eat out?

Options
1235»

Replies

• riotsgram
    riotsgram Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can't remember the last time we ate out. It's been quite awhile. We will occasionally order pizza for football or hockey game but the majority of the time I cook.
  • skb12573
    skb12573 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    About once a week we stop after church on Sundays to grab something to take home. Really try not to eat out as much as possible. Last week we ate out twice because we were on the road a lot. We used to eat out about 5-8 times per week and sometimes more!!!!!!!!! Can you imagine the calories and fat?? I could kick myself for doing that.
  • Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    We go out usually once a week(Sunday's after church for lunch).
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    We go to a restaurant to eat every once in a while, say 2-3 times a month. Maybe more if were getting lazy about grocery shopping, lol. For us, there isn't much around where we live that's really worth paying for to eat. I love cooking good food, so I'd much rather spend half the money and way better food at home. Not to mention, cooking for several nights in advance saves A LOT of time.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Once a month, twice if there's a special occasion.Our schedules are worked out so a parent is always home, so no need to have someone else cook for us.
  • chrissy28
    chrissy28 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I guess when on vacation we'll dine out at times, but usually we get a place that has a kitchen so we can do our own cooking. During a regular month, no vacations, I would hesitate to say once a month. Definitely more than a couple times per year though.

Now, I will eat out at times if I forget my lunch, but that will vary on the week and how organized I am. Currenlty, it's the time of year

This is as a family though. Sometimes I do forget to pack my lunch at work and run out to grab something. I tend to keep it simple, but then you also have the birthday lunch celebrations at work, or a friend's birthday, etc. So for my as an individual, I would say at least once or twice a month I'm eating out for something. As a family, we tend to eat home cooked meals. We also never do fast food, like mcdonalds or something like that. We'll do subway though.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    It's a rare occurrence. Once a month, maybe. Unless we are on vacation or out of town, I would prefer to cook.

As far as fast food restaurants, I have been to oneso far this year. Carls.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Not much. 1-3 times a week. Mostly because of finances. I work full time but my bf works part time and is still in school. Plus I have a hungry 4 year old who eats non-stop!

We are going on a family vacation with my sister and parents next week. Since we have a fully functional condo for the week, we will probably stock up with groceries when we get down there. Breakfast-lunch in the condo and dinner out at night! :tongue:
  • kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Once a week dinner, and once a week lunch is probably the max we do this.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    We vary depending on what is going on with our schedule. DH has a standing breakfast with the guys one day a week (and they include we gals once a month). Occasional fast food when messing around with the grandkids or when we are in a hurry. I do a lunch once or twice a month with friends. For a go out to dinner night with just the two of us?? Usually has to be a special occasion since we both cook.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Maybe twice a month. Not very often. Though, before eating healthier, we used to eat out a lot.