Turbo Jammers 8/24-8/30

Options
Welcome to a new week Everyone!

It's the first day of school here, so I'm back to an early routine....started off the morning with Burn 3. Not sure what I'm going to do later, probably run if the weather'sgood.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    What a great Monday (don't hear that too often!). I feel well rested and got in a new workout today...Mel B Totally Fit. WOW!!! I struggled through this one! Lots of butt, legs, abs and arms work and it burns!!! Can't wait to do it again!

Hope you all have a great Monday!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning!! I was up early to workout. Did the CE Intervals and Ab Burner. Hoping to take a walk at lunch and maybe do TJ 20 minute this evening.
  • lilangel7671
    lilangel7671 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good Morning girls!
    I hope everyone had a great weekend! Fortunately, I had all weekend off, plus my day off which is today-YAY! Lot's of workouts fit in this weekend, and today I did TJ CardiopartyMix1 already. I might do a little biking later this morning, or maybe a short run-I'd like to start just on the road never was my thing, but I'll give it a shot!:tongue:
    I'm just finishing up breakfast now-Delicious! Protein shake and what I called a Breakfast banana split! YUM and all HEALTHY!
    Erika-Awesome job jumping into a new workout routine! I hope you enjoy Mel B's!
    Keep up the great work everyone! Check back later!
  • ecrb77
    ecrb77 Posts: 78
    Options
    Happy Monday:glasses:

Woot woot- I lost another pound- I'm officially in the Healthy BMI range and I'm .5 lbs away from my halfway mark!:happy: This morning I woke up and ran for 15 minutes and walked for 20. Hopefully after work I won't be too tired and i can fit in TurboSculpt.

Have a great one!
    ~Erica
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I decided to go a little extreme this week so I'm making the following changes to toss in Plyometrics and Ballet.

1 Burn 1 and X/Classical Stretch
    2 Plyometrics X
    3 Burn 2 and X/Classical Stretch
    4 Element Ballet Conditioning and Ab Burner
    5 Burn 3 and X/Classical Stretch
    6 Plyometrics X

If all goes well, I'll alternate between "extreme" weeks and "standard" CE weeks, though I'll keep my X/Classical Stretch hybrid routine on both standard and extreme weeks.

Erica, grats on reaching the healthy BMI!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Good afternoon jammers!:bigsmile:
    I've missed you guys! It was a crazy weekend with events, company, stress of crappy Staples people and a virus prone computer:grumble: , and not feeling well (my back is in serious need of a massage and a few adjustments!:wink: ). I got a new computer ordered for labor day weekend arrival I hope..and made some chiro appts for next week..so we'll hope:)
    I ran my BEST mile times ever in a race this weekend (10k) so was very excited. Didn't do a long run this weekend with race..so the break was nice. Rocked out a fat blaster TJ workout yesterday...I sucked the first time and hated it..I totally rocked this one out though and now love it! I also started CE Lean yesterday...I haven't had a sore body for a long time..think this month will challenge me:)
    I am also avoiding stress (easier said than done!) and salads to see if it helps with my stomach:happy:
    I am glad to hear you guys keep rockin it out....weight loss too! I was like these guys RULE! Sounds like some of you are mixing it up too..which is always good. Gotta keep that body guessing....
    I hope I can be on more this week...I was a bad jammer this past week!:sad:
    Casey:flowerforyou:
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good evening girls! I had a GREAT day today! I busted my butt and burned 650 calories:bigsmile: Not the most I've burned in a day but it felt awesome:heart: Anyways, that kind of brings up a question-with all my working out on the weekends (or my days off) I burn way more calories-should I be eating those as well? That's like 2000 calories!:huh: I have set my goal to about 1600 while doing CE, and that seems to be working out well, but should I be eating that extra to make up my slack? From what I have learned since joining MFP, I need to eat those cals too?..I always get so confused with this.:frown: Insight please..haha
    Casey-Great to hear from you girl! It's good to be busy but also stinks that you aren't feeling well still:frown:
    Erica-Nice job reaching a healthy BMI! I'm so proud!
    Ghanie-That schedule looks pretty good:smile: If more stretching is what you need, then let it be!:laugh:
    Have a good night all:tongue:
  • ecrb77
    Options
    Hello hello-
    Got in a TurboSculpt after a crazy day of work. Goal is to do CardioParty in the AM before my insanely long day of work.
    Casey- that's awesome that you ran so fast:drinker: Hope you're feeling better soon- we miss you!
    Angel- 650 is a pretty kickbutt day!!:happy:
    Have a terrific night everyone!
    ~Erica
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies! I rocked it out this morning to Hip Hop Abs and Power Half Hour Abs. I like Tony Horton...he makes me laugh! :laugh: Glad I had the energy this morning to do both...I needed that!!

Well, off to get ready for work! Have a fantastic day everyone!!!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Morning!! Taking a rest day today but wanted to check in and keep up with everyone's progress. Yesterday I skipped the 20 minute TJ. My legs had had enough after CE Intervals and a long walk at lunch.

Erika-How do you like Hip Hop Abs?

Has anyone tried Turbo Kick?
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    What's up jammers?:glasses:
    Rocked out a 20 min turbo jam with a girl last night..that was fun. I've been pushing it hard lately when doing it...then cooled down with a little P90X yoga..helps the back:happy:
    This am I did my usual run...my hr monitor back light is now down and the screen is getting lighter..so wonder if the battery is going. Anyone else have this happen with Polar? I've had it for a while..might just upgrade to my Garmin if it goes down..cheap on Amazon!
    Jason has our trip to MN all ready to go...I was impressed..a man planning..and it was only Monday! Good man:heart:
    Lilangel: If you goal is to maintain..then cals in=cals out. Be sure to increase protein with the workouts of CE
    Erica: Thanks for the kind words..and way to keep rockin it out even on long days..that's hard sometimes!:flowerforyou:
    Erika: You and your hip hop crack me up!:laugh:
    Spiral: LOL..yeah you did just fine with those things! I know Megan has turbo kick..it's a notch up from turbo jam and more "live" I think.
    Keep it real girls...:glasses:
    Casey
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Ok, I managed to get through Plyo X today. It wasn't my best performance (actually one of my worst in a while) but now that I'm adding ballet and flexibility training back, I should catch up soon.

Stretching doesn't burn a ton of calories but it makes a huge difference in how well I attack a difficult workout. I also tend to make leaps in my athletic performance when I have a solid schedule that includes a full hour of stretching at least twice a week.

Oh yeah, the ticker just bumped down another pound!
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Good afternoon all! I am currently at work(:laugh: ) and just got a minute to check in! I have Burn Intervals/Ab Burner on my list of to-dos tonight:happy: I love the cal burn I get with that one! Hope you're all rocking your workouts for today!!!
    Casey-Hope you have a great trip when it comes!! Just got my Polar so no clue what it does when the battery dies..lol My main goal is to yes, maintain. I weight between 115-120lbs now, down from my 167 in January. I am PLEASED as punch! I just can't get enough of my new lifestyle and all the awesome FOOD I get to eat! :laugh: :laugh: This site REALLY helps me through, and I find it much easier to hold back from eating "bad" foods or over-indulging like I felt like doing alot (before I came on this site, found Ghanie and you (THANKS GIRLS:heart: ) and she told me I definitely wasn't eating enough). I think that was my problem, my body CRAVED! But now I am sooo much happier, energy is way up and I can push myself to my goal of lean and tone:glasses: Thanks again sooooo much girls:flowerforyou: !
    Ghanie-GREAT job with another lb! So PROUD!
    Have a great one! Check back soon!
  • ecrb77
    Options
    Sounds like we all had a productive day! Didn't make it up in time for Cardioparty but I did 20 minute TJ instead before work. Made today a little more bearable- I can't wait until my husband finds a job so I can look for a new one. Talk about stomping on my bubble from school- again I don't know what I would have done without your support during this truly trying time in my life. :flowerforyou: The past 2 days just reiterated that I need to keep my blinders on and NOT EAT PIZZA AND CHOCOLATE:explode:

Ghanie thanks for the insight with stretching- I think I need to do more Yoga and stretch more as well. Way to go on another lb away for good:drinker:

Angel- thanks for being a great inspiration!

Off to do TurboAbs and go to the store (out of eggs and coffee!)
    Have a great night!
    ~Erica:wink:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    I had so much energy tonight that I just had to get another workout in. Did 15 minutes of sprint intervals on the treadmill and then had to get me some Shaun T, so did Rockin Body Hard Core Abs. I feel so good!!! Can't wait to get up tomorrow and workout again!

Erica--way to stick with it!! You always manage to get those workouts in no matter what your day brings! You go girl!!!

Angel--Wow! I didn't realize you had such an awesome weight loss over the last 8 months...you rock!

Ghanie--I want to be in your shoes...you are just knocking off those pounds..way to go!!!

Casey, I just had to get another Shaun T workout in...you know me...Hip Hop or Rockin Body...Shaun's my man! :happy:

SpiralGirl-- I LOVE Hip Hop Abs!!! :love: But, I am a total Hip Hop dance lover, so it totally fits me. I LOVE to dance, andt he music is just my style, so I really get into it. Definitely my biggest calorie burning workout! Megan has the TurboKick fan DVD. I'm trying to decide between getting that one and Hip Hop Hustle....still undecided!

Have a great night everyone!
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!! This morning was TamiLee's I Want Those Arms level 1 & 2 as well as Shape Bikini Body Camp 1. What a fun workout this morning! I'm having fun trying otu some of my DVD's I haven't done in awhile! I'm kind of OCD when it comes to organizing and doing spreadsheets, so I'm spreadsheeting all my DVD's and my HR monitor stats for each one. This helps me chart which workouts are giving me the best calorie burn so if I need to squeeze a workout in at the end of the day, I know which one to go for for the best burn! I know, a little overboard, but hey, that's me! :laugh:

Well, gotta get showered up and off to work. Here's to awesome workouts today!
  • ccleadbyexample
    Options
    Afternoon jammers!:drinker:
    Well I think my hr monitor is slowly biting the dust (or the battery is)..each day it gets lighter and my cal burn is lower today..so wonder if that's going slower too. May need to order that Garmin sooner than I wanted:grumble:
    Rocked out CE Lean 2 yesterday (I feel sometimes like with this phase I am not working lower as much as almost all extremes are upper..but am working to really keep weight where needs to be so I can focus on lower too). This am did Burn Intervals. I am gonna do core over lunch and Recharge this everning.

Lilangel: You are doing great girl...you ask all good ?'s and I think you help others just as much as other help you..keep it up rockstar:bigsmile:
    Ghanie: Way to rock out another week of weight loss!:flowerforyou:
    Erika: What kind of job is your hubbie looking for? Thanks for YOUR support as well my dear!:happy:
    Erica: Ok hip hip girl...or should I say homie:glasses: I busted out laughing with your spreadsheet comment..sound oddly like something I might do...:noway:
    Casey:smile:
  • hiddensecant
    Options
    Hey everyone, Burn 2 today and I also have the evening off, yay! Of course I'll be spending most of that time hemming pants for the coming school year. My boys got tall enough to upgrade pants but their butts wont fit into the new sizes :grumble:.

Wow Angel, I was also in the 160's around January. I don't think I want to lose another 10 lbs though ... there's a certain point where I start to look a lot younger and hubby ends up getting dirty looks for dating a young teenager :laugh:.
  • lilangel7671
    Options
    Hey girlies! Hope you're all having a great evening! I just finished up dinner, it's my night off-and finally I decided to give my body a break..haha..I am planning to do AbJam later though (no excuses!) but no workout for me today:tongue: It's unusual but I busted my butt all weekend and yesterday so I'm taking a lil break hehe!
    Anyway, thanks for all the great support girls:smile: Love ya all, keep up the GREAT work!
    Ghanie-Yea, I just turned 21 and really would LIKE a guy in my life--haha! He will come I suppose, but it's hard to balance everything out sometimes-especially when going out seems to consist of "to the bars"..yuck-o..:grumble: So meeting him is my challenge! Though, my workout routine and weight loss has REALLY boosted my confidence, so any day now......:laugh:
    Rock out girls! :heart:
  • fitzfour
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies...it's almost Friday..YAY! This morning was a Firm DVD as well as Power Half Hour Bun Burner. I really like Tony Horton!!! He makes me laugh!!

Hope the work day goes fast today, I'm having a hard time concentrating on work lately, so it makes the days drag on. Dinner with some friends tonight, so I'm excited for that too.

Have a good one!