"Plus sized" model??

Options

Replies

• JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Personally I would love to see models of all shapes and sizes in these mags.
    The idea of having models at a healthy weight is great but then the message seems to be the same it always has been... you have to be this size to be beautiful.
    I want to see models of everyday people :) You have all types of women out there. You've got skinny, athletic, average, overweight, obese, short, tall, young, middle aged, elderly, light skinned, dark skinned... and the list goes on. I think the message in the media needs to change to be proud of who you are but know that change is possible if you want it rather than making people feel like they have to.

I'm not saying change isn't a fabulous thing when you have a goal in mind as everyone here has one including myself but I want to set those standards for myself and not have the media tell me what I should and shouldn't feel proud of.

My personal opinion is that it isn't okay to be morbidly obese. I'm not say we should purposefully make people feel bad for, well anything, but at the same time I don't think we should support the idea the obesity is okay and right when everyone has to pay for it.

And lets face it, as much as it sucks and it isn't right, people want to look a beautiful people. In general people are more likely to be nice to the tall healthy woman than the morbidly obese woman.
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    curves are awesome!!!....i knew a lot of run way models and they were told they had to drop 10lbs in a week!!! WEEK!!! and these girls are already thin as paper......but some of them were saying they made the run way models do it because the designers and what not didnt want to spend extra money on material for the clothing....because its expensive and they cant sell it after the show......to me thats crazy crazy crazy and i truely think kate moss changed the whole runway model revolution atleast in some places
    I totally agree. Curves are 10x sexier than ribs. Even when I was obese, I was happy that I was curvy and loved my shape. I just wished there was less of it.:wink: I find it amusing that when you see pictures of "sexy" woman (i.e. Victoria's Secret, Maxim, etc) they all weigh probably 10 or 15lbs more than runway models.
  • diverwayne0115
    Options
    Average or normal is forced upon women by sexist men. I myself think the model IS beautiful!

I'm not interested in "Twiggy's" (ok, I'm showing my age with that remark...)

NOTE: My original post was incorrect in saying that "Average or normal is looked down upon..." I meant to say "Average or normal is forced upon..." Sorry for the misunderstanding! -Wayne
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    I think theres going to be a new take over of the look on the run way in the upcoming years...... because of victoria's and maxim.....but here is the simple reason why the skinny and perfectly shaped women will always been seen on tv and in mags versus the avg looking woman.....a few decades ago the media took over and realized SEX sells......and guys along with women want to see pretty people or "daydream" about that person or just oogle at them.....its sad but thats how it goes....and the media doesnt care enough about people to think it isnt real and a lot of young kids and even adults are hurting themselves trying to look like that model.....they only care about the profit.....as sad as it is it will always stand true
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Average or normal is looked down upon by sexist men. I myself think the model IS beautiful!

I'm not interested in "Twiggy's" (ok, I'm showing my age with that remark...)
    maybe not twiggy but what about a perfectly curved woman with a nice flat stomach and toned legs/thighs? and nice perky tata;s :tongue: lol (those are usually the mag women u see for models)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    The idea of having models at a healthy weight is great but then the message seems to be the same it always has been... you have to be this size to be beautiful.
    I want to see models of everyday people :) You have all types of women out there. You've got skinny, athletic, average, overweight, obese, short, tall, young, middle aged, elderly, light skinned, dark skinned... and the list goes on. I think the message in the media needs to change to be proud of who you are but know that change is possible if you want it rather than making people feel like they have to.

I'm not saying change isn't a fabulous thing when you have a goal in mind as everyone here has one including myself but I want to set those standards for myself and not have the media tell me what I should and shouldn't feel proud of.

My personal opinion is that it isn't okay to be morbidly obese. I'm not say we should purposefully make people feel bad for, well anything, but at the same time I don't think we should support the idea the obesity is okay and right when everyone has to pay for it.

And lets face it, as much as it sucks and it isn't right, people want to look a beautiful people. In general people are more likely to be nice to the tall healthy woman than the morbidly obese woman.

Babies prefer "pretty" people with symmetry. (Yes, scientific studies have been done.)
  • hasiangirl
    Options

Babies prefer "pretty" people with symmetry. (Yes, scientific studies have been done.)
    awwww so my baby only loves me because i'm pretty? lmaoooooo JK JK JK :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i haddddddd to throw it in there lmao sorry :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    I think theres going to be a new take over of the look on the run way in the upcoming years...... because of victoria's and maxim.....but here is the simple reason why the skinny and perfectly shaped women will always been seen on tv and in mags versus the avg looking woman.....a few decades ago the media took over and realized SEX sells......and guys along with women want to see pretty people or "daydream" about that person or just oogle at them.....its sad but thats how it goes....and the media doesnt care enough about people to think it isnt real and a lot of young kids and even adults are hurting themselves trying to look like that model.....they only care about the profit.....as sad as it is it will always stand true

I think that the idea the (slightly) bigger can be beautiful is showing up a little more in Hollywood. Kate Winslet, Angelina Joeli (in tomb raider), and Jennifer Lopez are all considered to be beautiful and wear a size 6 (compared to size 2 which is standard for models).
  • hasiangirl
    Options

I think that the idea the (slightly) bigger can be beautiful is showing up a little more in Hollywood. Kate Winslet, Angelina Joeli (in tomb raider), and Jennifer Lopez are all considered to be beautiful and wear a size 6 (compared to size 2 which is standard for models).
    they still have perfect stomachs and cellulite free legs and perky ladies :grumble: :grumble: damn pretty women :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    awwww so my baby only loves me because i'm pretty? lmaoooooo JK JK JK :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i haddddddd to throw it in there lmao sorry :laugh:

I think the being in your belly for 9mo is part of it. Although, that fact that you're HOT helps. :wink:
  • hasiangirl
    Options

I think the being in your belly for 9mo is part of it. Although, that fact that you're HOT helps. :wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: babies are weird...if someone locked me into a cramped tiny space filled with water and no real food for 9 months i think i'd come out pissed as all hell :laugh: :laugh: and awww schucks Jmax u know how to make a girl :blushing:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: babies are weird...if someone locked me into a cramped tiny space filled with water and no real food for 9 months i think i'd come out pissed as all hell :laugh: :laugh: and awww schucks Jmax u know how to make a girl :blushing:
    Their just playing in their own private pool doing some flips in the nice warm water just chillin' while someone else does all the work. Doesn't that sound horrible?:tongue:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    She may be a 12-14, but looking at her sitting on that couch, I still think...grrr, she's so skinny, I hate her. :tongue:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Their just playing in their own private pool doing some flips in the nice warm water just chillin' while someone else does all the work. Doesn't that sound horrible?:tongue:
    lmtrue and its kind of creepy if u think of it....a human has actually claimed your body as their home :laugh: :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    lmtrue and its kind of creepy if u think of it....a human has actually claimed your body as their home :laugh: :laugh:

Not mine. Happily my body has only been home to me. Though it seems you like the humans that have claimed your body as home.:bigsmile:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    She may be a 12-14, but looking at her sitting on that couch, I still think...grrr, she's so skinny, I hate her. :tongue:

I think she look amazing and realize I'll probably look similar to her when I'm done.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

Not mine. Happily my body has only been home to me. Though it seems you like the humans that have claimed your body as home.:bigsmile:
    lol oh yes.......lol although i dont think they've realized theyve been put into the world.....and the house is their home yet....they still act like they own my body :laugh: :indifferent: :ohwell: :laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

lol oh yes.......lol although i dont think they've realized theyve been put into the world.....and the house is their home yet....they still act like they own my body :laugh: :indifferent: :ohwell: :laugh:
    and your food.
  • hasiangirl
    Options

and your food.
    lmao i ate breakfast late because i thought my 9month old would eat it all....soo i ate at 8:30-9:00 today and then lunch came around and both my kids were asleep!!! i made a tuna sandwhich (w/ very little mayo) sure enough soon as i sat down to take a bite my 9month old woke up and ate all my food lmao i had to make another one :grumble:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    lmao i ate breakfast late because i thought my 9month old would eat it all....soo i ate at 8:30-9:00 today and then lunch came around and both my kids were asleep!!! i made a tuna sandwhich (w/ very little mayo) sure enough soon as i sat down to take a bite my 9month old woke up and ate all my food lmao i had to make another one :grumble:
    Think of it as a new type of portion control.:wink: