"Plus sized" model??

Options

Replies

• hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    lmao i ate breakfast late because i thought my 9month old would eat it all....soo i ate at 8:30-9:00 today and then lunch came around and both my kids were asleep!!! i made a tuna sandwhich (w/ very little mayo) sure enough soon as i sat down to take a bite my 9month old woke up and ate all my food lmao i had to make another one :grumble:
    Think of it as a new type of portion control.:wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: but now im hungry and i have no healthy snacks in the house :sad: :cry:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    lmao i ate breakfast late because i thought my 9month old would eat it all....soo i ate at 8:30-9:00 today and then lunch came around and both my kids were asleep!!! i made a tuna sandwhich (w/ very little mayo) sure enough soon as i sat down to take a bite my 9month old woke up and ate all my food lmao i had to make another one :grumble:
    Think of it as a new type of portion control.:wink:
    :laugh: :laugh: but now im hungry and i have no healthy snacks in the house :sad: :cry:
    :flowerforyou:
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Where are the men? Don't they have an opinion on this topic?? :bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

they are probably feeling like my spouse when I ask if these jeans make me look fat:laugh:
  • TankLily
    TankLily Posts: 34
    Options
    I have thought about it... And I don't like this model.

She has exactly the same thing wrong with her that all the other models I've seen have. Sure she might be a bit larger, but the woman doesn't seem to have an OUNCE of muscle on her body!

I am really tired of the image of the Physicaly weak woman. fat or thin.

Where are the Amazons I ask you?
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

they are probably feeling like my spouse when I ask if these jeans make me look fat:laugh:

My boyfriend just tells me I look hot. Nothing ever looks BAD although somethings do look better than others.:laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

She has exactly the same thing wrong with her that all the other models I've seen have. Sure she might be a bit larger, but the woman doesn't seem to have an OUNCE of muscle on her body!

Bodybuilding magazines??
  • diverwayne0115
    Options
    Average or normal is looked down upon by sexist men. I myself think the model IS beautiful!

I'm not interested in "Twiggy's" (ok, I'm showing my age with that remark...)
    maybe not twiggy but what about a perfectly curved woman with a nice flat stomach and toned legs/thighs? and nice perky tata;s :tongue: lol (those are usually the mag women u see for models)

A woman is not defined by her body...she is defined by her personality and her mind.

I'm all for women losing weight to feel more feminine and just to be healthy. I'm against women losing weight to please a partner...

Just my thoughts...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Average or normal is looked down upon by sexist men. I myself think the model IS beautiful!

maybe not twiggy but what about a perfectly curved woman with a nice flat stomach and toned legs/thighs? and nice perky tata;s :tongue: lol (those are usually the mag women u see for models)

A woman is not defined by her body...she is defined by her personality and her mind.

I'm all for women losing weight to feel more feminine and just to be healthy. I'm against women losing weight to please a partner...

Just my thoughts...

I love you.
    The world could do with more men like you, at least on this topic!
  • hasiangirl
    Options

Just my thoughts...
    lol but im not talking about women u know in person..i;m talking about the ones u look at in magazines and on television :bigsmile:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Bodybuilding magazines??

Well what's wrong with a muscular woman in a non-bodybuilding magazine? By no means do I belong in a bodybuilding magazine. But I'm not petite either. There is no one out there who represents my body type.

The only difference is that I don't care. :laugh:
  • diverwayne0115
    Options
    Thank you for the compliment! :love:
  • TankLily
    Options
    JoyousMaximus

Actually you can have somekind of muscle definition without being a "Body Builder"

I just think the MYTH of a Beautiful woman is a weak one is a bit sexist and freaky.

Sorry but REAL woman have muscles. Big arms from lifting babies, defined thighs from walking, running, from actually living.

Models don't seem to generally have any of the Muscular marks of a life well lived... just plasid flaby skin over overly thin and weak arms. Same, it seems with this woman... only she is a bit heavier.
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    JoyousMaximus

Actually you can have somekind of muscle definition without being a "Body Builder"

I just think the MYTH of a Beautiful woman is a weak one is a bit sexist and freaky.

Sorry but REAL woman have muscles. Big arms from lifting babies, defined thighs from walking, running, from actually living.

Models don't seem to generally have any of the Muscular marks of a life well lived... just plasid flaby skin over overly thin and weak arms. Same, it seems with this woman... only she is a bit heavier.
    i dont know if i agree wholeheartdley with this one....i did free weight lifting and i could never build tons of muscle.........and i have 2 children now that i carry around a lot and still dont have tons of muscle :cry: i want some muscle definition lol
  • margaretthedevil
    Options
    JoyousMaximus

i dont know if i agree wholeheartdley with this one....i did free weight lifting and i could never build tons of muscle.........and i have 2 children now that i carry around a lot and still dont have tons of muscle :cry: i want some muscle definition lol

I read that in order to build muscle one must eat a small excess of calories and a certain ratio of macro nutrients (upping the protein intake). I think you have to lose body fat in order for the muscles to start showing. HARD to do and a painfully slowwwww process, especially for those not needing to lose a lot of weight. :cry: You might have the muscles (well everyone has muscles really just bigger or smaller)...they're just hidden under that layer of fat. I know there's a lot of people like this. They're strong, but they look very "big" because of the fat layer surrounding their muscles. But I agree that that model looks reallyyyy "soft" as in someone with a high fat percentage. But you really can't tell from just pictures (she could have muscles hidden under the fat). I'm not judging or criticizing her though. Everyone should embrace their bodies. I like that there are some celebrities who aren't afraid to lift weights and have athletic bodies. And they definitely look better than those who don't! :smile:

However, I always find it funny that women are so afraid of lifting for fear of "bulking up" and turning into the hulk or something. :laugh: It's such a totally unrealistic fear. Seriously, how can weak ever be attractive? o.O It's not a good sign if you run 1.5 miles in 18 minutes and feel like blacking out afterwards. Btw, that happened to my skinny friend who is 100 pounds (genetic gifted) and doesn't work out at all. And she totally brushed off that experience. People are going to pay one way or another for not exercising eventually, especially older women who don't weight train. Muscles disappear, bones become brittle, and muscle becomes replaced with fat. I know it sounds harsh, but it's the truth and the truth can be harsh.

Ok done with my ramble. :tongue:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    JoyousMaximus

I didn't mean it to say beautiful woman are weak or that you have to be a body builder to have definition but you are more likely to find woman with definition in fitness magazines not because that is how it should but because that is how it IS. I'm sorry if my quip was misinterpreted to mean that a woman must be a body builder to have muscle.
    With the woman in the picture, it's hard to tell if she has muscle tone. The pose she is holding is very relaxed so her definition wouldn't be visible due to a higher body fat percentage. I'm not much bigger than her. I have definition when I flex but in that pose I would look soft. To hold that pose and look defined, you would have to have a fairly low body fat percentage which would be contrary to the point of the article. To me, it look like if she tensed her muscles she would have definition.
  • TankLily
    Options
    "With the woman in the picture, it's hard to tell if she has muscle tone. The pose she is holding is very relaxed so her definition wouldn't be visible due to a higher body fat percentage. I'm not much bigger than her. I have definition when I flex but in that pose I would look soft. To hold that pose and look defined, you would have to have a fairly low body fat percentage which would be contrary to the point of the article. To me, it look like if she tensed her muscles she would have definition."

Now ya made it personal so I can't say nothin without being a meanie. :sick:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Interesting subject.

I am constantly irritated at the fact I have muscle that cannot be seen. I still have a layer of body fat )10-15 lbs) that covers some mean *kitten* muscle.

I make my friends and family 'come feel'!!:laugh:

It took me 15 minutes to get a good shot of my arm to show my muscle definition.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    madonnaDM1202_228x356.jpg
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    madonnaDM1202_228x356.jpg

Ok so my friend sent me a picture like the one above warning me of overdoing it at the gym!:noway:

:laugh: :laugh:

I mean really......do women really think they will look like that if they lift 10 pounds in a bicep curl?

I feel strong and healthy..........I love doing the weights and feeling confident. The other day I lifted myself up onto the washing machine without thinking. A year ago I couldnt life myself from bed without groaning.

Muscles are wonderful...........