Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    Ta. :) What's the bet the next kilo takes another two months haha. I don't care if it does as my only goal is to fit nicely into my black skirt. I plan to be in that skirt in 6-8 weeks time.

November 17 I posted that I planned to be in that black skirt in 6-8 weeks time. Well I wore that skirt today to work!!! Way ahead of schedule being December 1st ! Wooohooo!!!!!!! :smiley:

Scale still fluctuating between 61.1 & 61.7. Haha but who cares, I don't. :wink:

Scale went down again. I was shocked! 60.3 kg now. Hmmm maybe I will get into the 50's range after all. I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing & see what number the bod wants to end up at.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    The scale does move when its good and ready-just like you said. I'm on the 2nd phase of T 25 and I was losing inches like no tomorrow, but the scale did not budge, it went up instead (only because I was not eating at the right level). Now that I've got the right calorie amounts to eat, the scale is finally moving!! Took 5-6 weeks to figure all that out, but had I not measured, I would have given up. So happy to see the scale move now too!

Cool! :smile: How many gross calories do you eat & how much do you think you can eat and maintain on during an intense exercise day?

I can maintain on around 2300 calories on my 4 intense running days. So I'm most likely having a 200-400 calorie defecit on my running days. The other days are either moderate/light exercise days and I'd most likely have a 0 -150 calorie deficit on those days.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    This is so inspirational.
    Thanks for posting this

Your welcome! :smiley:

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    @ Kim55555 My maintenance level (TDEE) is Close to 2450 maybe a bit higher. I eat anywhere from 1850-2150 cals per day...so about a 300-600 deficit. My T25 workouts I do 6x a week. Your supposed to do two work outs on Fridays but I don't have the time in the morning so I just do it on Saturday with a rest day on Sunday. I will occasionally do some treadmill walking on the side as well. Prior to figuring our my TDEE I was eating 1600 to 1700 calories per day-not enough of fuel my workout, thus I put on weight, albeit temporary, it was still frustrating. I used Heybales spreadsheet and my fitbit to help me figure out my TDEE and it was pretty spot on. One thing I've learned. Trust the numbers, and use a tape measure! :-)
  • Kim55555
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Hiya

Ooh oops
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This was good to read today, since I just read a post about a girl losing 13lbs in 23 days and here I am at 4lbs in only 20 days. Thank you!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    @ Kim55555 My maintenance level (TDEE) is Close to 2450 maybe a bit higher. I eat anywhere from 1850-2150 cals per day...so about a 300-600 deficit. My T25 workouts I do 6x a week. Your supposed to do two work outs on Fridays but I don't have the time in the morning so I just do it on Saturday with a rest day on Sunday. I will occasionally do some treadmill walking on the side as well. Prior to figuring our my TDEE I was eating 1600 to 1700 calories per day-not enough of fuel my workout, thus I put on weight, albeit temporary, it was still frustrating. I used Heybales spreadsheet and my fitbit to help me figure out my TDEE and it was pretty spot on. One thing I've learned. Trust the numbers, and use a tape measure! :-)

I replied last night on my phone but lost it all :( I'll have another try. :)

Ah ok, you figured it out using a fitbit. Yeah wow, 16-1700 would be way too low! You'd most likely expend that amount just doing normal daily activities. How long have you been cutting for and how much longer do you intend cutting for? I cant remember if you mentioned it. 1850 - 2150 is a sensible amount. I think i'm getting closer to eating those amounts. I'm creeping up now close to the low 2000's. I'm trying hard most days to stay under 2000.

I'm thinking mine is around 2300 but I cant be 100% sure on this as I've never tested my theory out. I did a 9 month bulk where I put on 1 kg every month and I was eating between 2500 - 3000 most days. I wasnt planning on doing that bulk but it just turned into one. My goal was to reset my metabolism, to increase it and was working hard to figure out what my maintenance was. I unfortunately ate too much to begin with and my appetite went haywire, something switched on in the brain and I just seemed to need that amount of food. Next time I start maintennce I plan to up the calories slowly so that problem doesnt occur. I may even have 2 days a week eating at 2000 so as to bring the weekly calorie average down. I think I'll maintain no probs eating between 2000 - 2500. Half the time eating at the lower end of the range and half the time the upper end of the range. Although when i start back in my physical job when my arm is better i'll be able to maintain by eating 2500 most days.

Once I stop cutting I'll increase my calories slowly so I can work out just how much I can eat without putting on weight and. I'll test it out for a month or 2. Thing is though it will probably be hard to tell at first what my true maintenance is because even if my scale weight steadys out I still might be losing body fat (& measurements) and getting smaller so I wont be sure i've hit real maintenance.

I plan to cut for another 3 months. Wi'll see how my body looks March 1st and then reassess. Its hard to keep going for so many months on end. I've been at it since August 1st. I would love to keep going to August 1st 2015. I'll see if I can last. If I have to I'll have a rest break and maintain for a month before having another crack but I worry I will get used to eating more and wont want to go back onto a cut.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    turtlez23 wrote: »
    This was good to read today, since I just read a post about a girl losing 13lbs in 23 days and here I am at 4lbs in only 20 days. Thank you!

:) your welcome.
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @Kim55555 I had to laugh when you have asked how long I've been doing this cut thing. Now don't laugh at my response but... its been a year!!!! :'( ok... you can laugh haha!! :# Why has it taken so long? I Had a really hard time believing in the process and trusting the numbers. I had a hard time believing my TDEE was so high. Hard time believing the scale would move downward when it was good and ready. Had a hard time believing in the numbers that came out on Heybales spreadsheet. How could I eat that much and still lose? I struggled to believe in my fitbit.

I would try one set amount of calories for a week and my weight would stay that way for that week, I then would think 'OMG! Maybe that's my maintenance amount", then I would cut-to 1400 or so, lose a little, be starving and cranky, then increase, etc. and start all over again, week after week after week. The dreadful cycle.

So when I purchased T25 in September, I promised myself I would track to at least 'try' to figure out what my TDEE is. Now, I haven't eaten at that amount (at my TDEE), just been working with my spreadsheet numbers to figure out my TDEE minus 15-20% reduction. I have been very faithful keeping a spreadsheet of my intake and calories burned and such to figure everything out. Is it a lot of work? Was it worth it? yes and yes. Yes, because I had to constantly enter numbers in that dang thing plus log all my food and exercise in MFP, and then Yes because - it was an eye opener for me to see what my actual TDEE was!! To have it truly sink in. The fun part is taking that cut and seeing the number slowly go down vs fluctuating those 1-2 lbs all the time or going up! Now, I'm having fun tracking it and seeing my progress.

So My real weight loss first began this Oct. How long I'll be doing my cut will be determined on how long it takes for me to get to a comfortable level with my body. I gain weight really fast and easy, but losing it is another story. So after seeing my numbers all the time, on this spreadsheet, I've learned that this will take time, that I need to enjoy life, make this a life style change and yet focus on the weight loss/and maintaining muscle. I'm not racing, I'm in a marathon with a lot to learn about my body. :-) I will have a LOT to learn when I do get to that point of maintaining and will be turning to you for suggestions! :-)

• Kim55555
    Options
    Thats awesome! Yep I agree, thats the way to approach this, as a lifestyle change where you gradually over time drop the cm's and your body will even out where it wants to.

I just had my measurements taken here at work and after a 3 months period:

Waist down from 86 cm > 80 cm
    Chest down from 97.5 cm > 94.5 cm
    Hips down from 95 cm > 87.5 cm

3.5 kg lost in 3 months.

The leanest I got to was 57 kg in January 2013 and my waist was 74 cm at 57 kg, so I'm striving to get into the low 70 cm's for my waist. Hoping to have a 78 cm waist by 2 months time.
  • Kim55555
    Options

So there is a pattern I've been noticing. Every 4 - 5 weeks the scale ends up moving to a new lower weight. I've been fluctuating between 60.3 - 61.7 since December 4 & lately I'm in the lower range a lot more (being low to high 60's) So in a few weeks time I'm predicting a new low weight of 59. something. & then I will fluctuate between 59. something & low 61's and the cycle/pattern continues.

I can't seem to find all of my old myfitnesspal posts & topics. Can someone help?? I want toread my old notes.

Oh hey skinnyme!! I have been reading that group eat train progress group topic "Progress so far" I'm up to page 3, I'm finding it really interesting those spreadsheets!! I have to plug in my info & see what info I get. :smile:

The last couple of weeks my calories have been creeping up a couple hundred more than I'd like but just managed to get it down to the amount of closer to 1900 which I'm happy with. I plan to have a little splurge next Friday for my work Christmas lunch. I won't go overboard though. I'll plan to eat around 1800 the other days of the week if I eat high 2000's for Christmas lunch. It's the 1 day of the year I let my hair down. So I'd actually be fine with maintaining that week & itll be good to have a boost to my metabolism too.
  • Kim55555
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • Kim55555
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • Kim55555
    Options
    @Kim55555 I had to laugh when you have asked how long I've been doing this cut thing. Now don't laugh at my response but... its been a year!!!! :'( ok... you can laugh haha!! :# Why has it taken so long? I Had a really hard time believing in the process and trusting the numbers. I had a hard time believing my TDEE was so high. Hard time believing the scale would move downward when it was good and ready. Had a hard time believing in the numbers that came out on Heybales spreadsheet. How could I eat that much and still lose? I struggled to believe in my fitbit.

I would try one set amount of calories for a week and my weight would stay that way for that week, I then would think 'OMG! Maybe that's my maintenance amount", then I would cut-to 1400 or so, lose a little, be starving and cranky, then increase, etc. and start all over again, week after week after week. The dreadful cycle.

So when I purchased T25 in September, I promised myself I would track to at least 'try' to figure out what my TDEE is. Now, I haven't eaten at that amount (at my TDEE), just been working with my spreadsheet numbers to figure out my TDEE minus 15-20% reduction. I have been very faithful keeping a spreadsheet of my intake and calories burned and such to figure everything out. Is it a lot of work? Was it worth it? yes and yes. Yes, because I had to constantly enter numbers in that dang thing plus log all my food and exercise in MFP, and then Yes because - it was an eye opener for me to see what my actual TDEE was!! To have it truly sink in. The fun part is taking that cut and seeing the number slowly go down vs fluctuating those 1-2 lbs all the time or going up! Now, I'm having fun tracking it and seeing my progress.

So My real weight loss first began this Oct. How long I'll be doing my cut will be determined on how long it takes for me to get to a comfortable level with my body. I gain weight really fast and easy, but losing it is another story. So after seeing my numbers all the time, on this spreadsheet, I've learned that this will take time, that I need to enjoy life, make this a life style change and yet focus on the weight loss/and maintaining muscle. I'm not racing, I'm in a marathon with a lot to learn about my body. :-) I will have a LOT to learn when I do get to that point of maintaining and will be turning to you for suggestions! :-)

A lot of women are under eating when they don't need to! Thus losing muscle and suppressing their metabolic rate which means they have to eat less and less, then they are upset when they start maintenance and have to eat a poultry amount. On the weekend they eat a nice meal and find they put on weight and they are crushed.

At least you learned the lesson early! and so what it took you a year to figure it out. You are on the right track now. Good on you!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Oh I forgot to say! My body fat level is at the point now that I am starting to see arm definition!! Once I hear people starting to say things like my arms are looking big, and they look great I know I'm losing fat there. Haha and they prob think I've been lifting heavy for months. With my arm injury I've done nothing for the past 3 months in the gym. I've only just started lifting moderate weights in the last 3 weeks.

A work colleague has been away for a couple of months, I'll be interested to see his reaction when he he sees the changes in my body. :smile:
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    well - here is to hoping I figured everything right and don't fall back into the same pattern. :-) Good for you on the weight lifting and finding definition. That's awesome!
  • sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Nice progress!! What are your workouts like? I also want to start running...
  • Kim55555
    Options
    well - here is to hoping I figured everything right and don't fall back into the same pattern. :-) Good for you on the weight lifting and finding definition. That's awesome!

Thanks! Seeing the definition in my arms only just happened around a week ago. I can't wait for my weights session tomorrow. Hehe :smile: Strength is returning to the arm with tendinitis which is good. I'm easing back into it lifting moderately. Haha people looking at me wouldn't know I have & have been afflicted with this injury as I'm starting to look really cut. They probably think I've been lifting heavy the past few months.

Ditto on falling back into old patterns. At the moment though I still want to lose some weight off my mid section, I'm focusing on that. I'll see how I look when I get back to 74 cm waist (when i got to 57 kg) and then if I'm happy with how I look I'll go slowly into maintenance and do a recomp. hmmm I don't think I'll have a problem with maintenance this time around, I'm really loving looking in the mirror!! And I don't want to give it up! It's not just arms, my legs are nicely carved and sculpted mostly from the running I do. Every now and then I have done a bit of leg weights over the past few months but not at all regularly.

Today 2 people who I haven't seen in a few months made some nice comments about my weight. One said my tummy is looking flat. He can see it in my face, it is so thin now. He said you wouldn't want to lose much more. Hehe, I love it when I haven't seen someone for a while :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    thanks for your great post!!! I have maintained my 20lb loss for over a year, I had wanted to lose another 3 or 4 lbs but they are just not happening, if anything the scale fluctuates up a little...BUT my clothes are looser, I've moved into yet another tighter notch on my belt, my uk size 10s are big on me and I'm getting into 8's.
    I am very active and workout hard 6 days a week/combo of running and strength so my body composition is changing and continues to do so.
    Time for me to ditch the scales me thinks...once a month should keep me on track nicely :)
    I average 1700 - 2100 calories, I'm 5ft 2" and 45 yrs old.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!