Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    madierdorf wrote: »
    I agree great post. When I was married I weighted 125 and wore a size 10 now 142 and a size 8-10 but mostly 8. I have started running and love it.:-) .Its not all about pounds:-)

Hi :) good work! :)
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Yep, scale on a downward trend now. I just have to stick to it. The brain always wants to cut more, but I'm going to make sure I balance out my meals and stick with it. I'm going to start watching my trend. Thanks Kim55555 and RunRutheeRun! You all have been great supporters!! :-)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Yep, scale on a downward trend now. I just have to stick to it. The brain always wants to cut more, but I'm going to make sure I balance out my meals and stick with it. I'm going to start watching my trend. Thanks Kim55555 and RunRutheeRun! You all have been great supporters!! :-)

yayyyy our brains are funny things, don't listen to it LOL
  • Kim55555
    Options
    I had my Dexa scan today. :smile: I didnt have my RMR tested as the machine was broken.

The machine weighed me as 58.6 kg. My body fat % is 27.6 %. I was a little disappointed at first as previously I got a 22.5 % body fat reading back in 2012 but that was using electrical impedance and the lady said that method underestimates body fat.

I'm in the healthy range! I'm happy with that! She said that the healthy range for women is between 20 - 35% body fat. She said mine was a good result! She then commented about how she has had models come in and they have been tested at 30 + % body fat! She said I have done a good job at maintaining my muscle mass and its a good result.

The lady said for women its not a good idea to go below 20% body fat. So my goal for 3 months time is to get to 25% body fat. My long term goal... by February 1st 2016 I want to get down to 20% body fat.

My head was lowest in fat at 17% haha. It was interesting to note that my left arm was 35% fat compared to the right arm being 31% fat. I'd attribute that to my arm injury (tendonitis) and my left arm needs to regain more strength and muscle My left leg is leaner at 27% body fat compared to my right leg being 30% body fat. I attribute that to the fact that my left leg is my football kicking leg, thus more muscle on that leg/less fat.

Yeah so all in all i'm happy with my result. I'm in the healthy range. There is room for improvement. I'll get retested in 3 months time I think to see if i'm making progress.

Now that I know what my LBM weight is I'll have a look at those numbers and see what scale number I can end up at without losing any muscle weight. It'll be interesting because I was caluculating them before using 22.5% body fat so the figures will be different.
  • Kim55555
    Options

58.6 kilograms (129.1 pounds) body fat % 27.6
    40.1797 kilograms (88.6 pounds) Lean Mass
    42.4402 kilograms (93.5 pounds) Lean BMC (Bone mineral content)
    16.1424 kilograms (35.6 pounds) Fat Mass

129.1 pounds
    93.5 pounds LBM + 35.6 pounds Fat Mass = 58.6 kg (129.1 pounds)

This is the amount I need to weigh to be a certain body fat % and retain my LBM.

Target body fat % - 25%
    1.0 - .25 = 0.75
    93.5/0.75 = 124.6 pounds 56.5 kg

Target body fat % - 20%
    1.0 - .20 = 0.8
    93.5/0.8 = 116.9 pounds – 53 kg

If I want to get to 20% body fat percentage like I have desired in the past then I'd have to get to an all time low of 53 kg. I have never been below 57.3 kg as an adult before so I will see how I go. I might have to be more realistic in what body fat % I end up at. Its a goal to aim for though. I'd have to take into account what my body would look like at 53 kg and whether or not I'm a healthy person at that weight, and also whether or not I can maintain that low of a weight. Dont forget also that the last few kg's i'm losing is taking so long for me to lose but that could be because i'm eating at a small defecit too.

I think I'll keep going and losing scale weight until my body finds a happy medium. At this stage my goal is to get to 25% body fat and retain all of my LBM. To get to 25% body fat I will need to get to 56.5 kg (124.6 pounds) I havent weighed 56 kg since I was 13 years old when I was a very chubby 13 year old.

I find this very interesting in that I'm now thinking my body is capable of going lower on the scale than 57 kg like I first thought and have always thought! I want to keep going, eating around 2100 calories until February 11 when my measurements get taken just so I can see what success I had with the tape measure and scale eating at that amount. The scale is finally on the downward trend after hovering in the low 60's for a while. The last few days its been mid 59's and today it got to 59.0 on my scale. I'm actually thinking I may be eating just a bit too much (so too small of a defecit). I think I do best eating/losing at 2000 calories. But I'll give my experiment a few more weeks to see if the scale drops down again.

I think i'd be thrilled to get to 56.5 kg by 3-6 months time and that will put me at 25% body fat percentage. And when I do get to 56.5 kg then I'll reassess and see how my body feels, looks and performs before deciding if I want to try for lower. I'm not sure but I have a feeling 56.5 will already be very low for me. I looked damm good at 57 kg when I got to that amount back in 2012 so I'm really not sure if I'd want to go any lower than 55 kg ever!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @kim55555 thats a lot of facts and most of them are going over my head LOL
    definately give 2100 a few more weeks, I stayed the same weight this week, despite it coming up to TOM, and to be honest I have eaten average of 2250 this week yikes LOL, hormones dictate that I eat more :/ plus changing workout routine also had something to do with that. There was a couple of days I ate 2400!!! seems ridiculous that I needed that much! but it might well be my real TDEE is around 2400-2500. Happy Days!

I will try and stick to 2100 this next week, cos as much as I'm happy with my weight it would be nice to drop a little more before really deciding to stick to eating 2400. I cannot believe I COULD actually eat THAT much LOL - I feel very greedy! :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    ps 25% body fat seems a very reasonable goal.
  • Kim55555
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @kim55555 thats a lot of facts and most of them are going over my head LOL
    definately give 2100 a few more weeks, I stayed the same weight this week, despite it coming up to TOM, and to be honest I have eaten average of 2250 this week yikes LOL, hormones dictate that I eat more :/ plus changing workout routine also had something to do with that. There was a couple of days I ate 2400!!! seems ridiculous that I needed that much! but it might well be my real TDEE is around 2400-2500. Happy Days!

I will try and stick to 2100 this next week, cos as much as I'm happy with my weight it would be nice to drop a little more before really deciding to stick to eating 2400. I cannot believe I COULD actually eat THAT much LOL - I feel very greedy! :smiley:

Haha facts! More like me rambling on lol... I tend to repeat myself a lot :blush:

Yeah I'll give 2100 a few more weeks although I should probably cut down a bit on the eating this week as I've had to reduce my activity a bit due to my knees being sore from footy training. Too much too soon for these old knees. I've been doing deep water running and rowing the last few days but careful not to overdo things as I want my knees to get better.

Wow average of 2250, yeah that'd be great if you could maintain on 2400/2500. I guess you will soon find out... :smile: I guess it's all about priorities hey. For me I've been a healthy weight and body fat % for a good few months now and it's all about aesthetics for me now. I want to be leaner, want more definition. I don't need to be thinner but want it! I'm giving myself another 12 months to see what number I can get to.

Good news is this time around on my way to 57 kg I've been eating a good number of calories and have been sensible with the amount/volume of exercise. Last time to get to 57 kg I was eating between 1600-1900 and a lot of the time the low end of that range. That amount of eating combined with excessive cardio meant I was in huge defecit each day. No wonder my RMR dropped to 800.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    ps 25% body fat seems a very reasonable goal.

I agree! :smile:
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @Kim55555, and I thought I was dealing with a lot of numbers!! hahaha! :smile: You have been doing a great job!! I agree, I'd stick with that 2100 for another week or so, just to see what happens.

@RunRutheeRun you maintained your weight at 2250. Thats so awesome. I agree you TDEE could be close to 2500 maybe more-what is your fitbit reading giving you for a TDEE?

Look at how much you gals are eating to lose/maintain!! That's so incredibly cool!!

I disconnected my fitbit from MFP. just caused too much confusion for my brain! :smiley: So I'm now using it to make sure I get my steps in and monitor my TDEE.

I hope you both have a wonderful weekend--happy eating/losing/maintaining! :smiley:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Hi! Thanks. :smile: you too! have fun. :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @skinny4me2be Ref Fitbit I really can't go by it, it tells me I overeat EVERY day lol - seriously the max it gives me for TDEE is 2300, maybe 2400 if I do over 20000 steps!! On days I do my average 16k steps it tells me 2100!!! I think its a bit low. My flex would have given me 2500 and I think that was really more realistic. All I care is that I know myself how much I can eat and maintain, it just took a while to figure it all out and I'm glad I stuck with it.

@kim55555 you definately weren't eating enough before!

- Enjoy your weekend girls :)
  • Kim55555
    Options
    I forgot to say. My bone density was way above average. Right at the very top of the graph. I'm not surprised as strong bones tend to run in our family. My grandma when she had her falls never once broke a bone! I also eat calcium dairy etcc

When I get back to work in a weeks time I'll be having to walk 30 minutes each way from where I'll be parking at the train station. Because I'm moving out of my parents I'll have to be stricter with my budget and $12.40 parking tickets will be a waste of money.

So on top of the extra 1 hour walk commute once I'm back to 100 % and back on full duties at work I will be sitting at the very busy front counter desk where I'll be run off my feet all day long. As well as attending to the front counter I have to carry and empty 10 suitcases full of mail items (these cases come from our metro offices).

My TDEE with the 1 hour walk commute, the very active job will bump up my maintenance calories by around 500 calories! On top of that I need to factor in my exercise burn. On footy training days I'll burn a minimum of 600 calories with the work we/I put in on the track.

I could very well be able to maintain my weight on a weekday eating 2800 calories!!! I'll be experimenting and eat 2200 calories to lose weight! Haha I hope I don't burnout with all that activity. This time around I'll make sure I adequately fuel myself for the activity and exercise I do!

It is an exhausting job and i whinge a bit lol but i have to keep reminding myself its healthier for you to be on your feet, pumping blood than sitting at your desk all day.

Yey I can't wait to move house. This Friday I move Wooohooo. :smile:

Oh also if I decide one day I don't feel like exercising or something comes up and it's not possible to fit a session in then at least I know I've walked my 1 hour commute and my job is hectic.

I wonder how many steps I'd get through lol 20000 plus?? Haha
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    I forgot to say. My bone density was way above average. Right at the very top of the graph. I'm not surprised as strong bones tend to run in our family. My grandma when she had her falls never once broke a bone! I also eat calcium dairy etcc

When I get back to work in a weeks time I'll be having to walk 30 minutes each way from where I'll be parking at the train station. Because I'm moving out of my parents I'll have to be stricter with my budget and $12.40 parking tickets will be a waste of money.

So on top of the extra 1 hour walk commute once I'm back to 100 % and back on full duties at work I will be sitting at the very busy front counter desk where I'll be run off my feet all day long. As well as attending to the front counter I have to carry and empty 10 suitcases full of mail items (these cases come from our metro offices).

My TDEE with the 1 hour walk commute, the very active job will bump up my maintenance calories by around 500 calories! On top of that I need to factor in my exercise burn. On footy training days I'll burn a minimum of 600 calories with the work we/I put in on the track.

I could very well be able to maintain my weight on a weekday eating 2800 calories!!! I'll be experimenting and eat 2200 calories to lose weight! Haha I hope I don't burnout with all that activity. This time around I'll make sure I adequately fuel myself for the activity and exercise I do!

It is an exhausting job and i whinge a bit lol but i have to keep reminding myself its healthier for you to be on your feet, pumping blood than sitting at your desk all day.

Yey I can't wait to move house. This Friday I move Wooohooo. :smile:

Oh also if I decide one day I don't feel like exercising or something comes up and it's not possible to fit a session in then at least I know I've walked my 1 hour commute and my job is hectic.

I wonder how many steps I'd get through lol 20000 plus?? Haha

You'll easily get through 20k steps! That's one active job and all the walking too! Definitely your TDEE will be high and I agree it'll likely be around 2800 woooot ☺
  • Kim55555
    Options
    :smile: yum, more food!
  • Kim55555
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I took my monthly photos yesterday. I'll post up my August 1st photo November 1st and February 1st photo. So 1 at the beginning, 1 at the mid way point and one taken yesterday. I find it hard to tell the difference month to month but when I look at the photos 3 months apart it is more pronounced!

edit to say
    It'll have to wait till i'm back at work, i cant do it here at home
  • Kim55555
    edited February 2015
    Options
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    What I really noticed after seeing the snapshots taken at the get together yesterday was how much leaner and toned I looked compared to everyone else there. There were a few ladies who looked reasonably thin or so I thought/imagined but when i saw the photos posted on facebook my jaw dropped! I'm looking like an athlete now, more defined, sleek looking. Those other 2 ladies looked more skinny kinda fat to me. wow!
    'like an athlete' LOVE this!!! how good do you not feel about yourself :smile: excellent progress! I look at other womens arms these days and know if they workout or are just 'skinny fat' too, I love having definition :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options

Haha you must've quoted me and replied just as I deleted my message. Sometimes I feel like I I'm boasting too much so I didn't want to appear that way. I got excited and wanted to share lol! I was taken aback by those photos lol. Thing is you don't realise just how lean you have become and are getting until these things happen. I'm really quite streamlined now. This particular photo brought it right home to me.

• skinny4me2be
    Options
    I'm not seeing the photo's, if they are attached, so I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm sure they are amazing. You are such an inspiration in showing the world you do NOT have to eat 1200 calories to look this dang good! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!