Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

Haha you must've quoted me and replied just as I deleted my message. Sometimes I feel like I I'm boasting too much so I didn't want to appear that way. I got excited and wanted to share lol! I was taken aback by those photos lol. Thing is you don't realise just how lean you have become and are getting until these things happen. I'm really quite streamlined now. This particular photo brought it right home to me.

• Kim55555
    Options
    I'm not seeing the photo's, if they are attached, so I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm sure they are amazing. You are such an inspiration in showing the world you do NOT have to eat 1200 calories to look this dang good! :-)

I'll attach them when I get back to work. This old computer software of mine is not very good.

It's astonishing, because Im reading these threads on mfp and the bodybuilding.com site and see that I eat a lot more even than some 6 feet blokes do when losing and im female! Plus im just 5 feet 2 in height, oh plus I'm 42! Some guys are eating around the 1500 calorie mark. I started off eating mid 1800's, then eating 1900's & now still keep losing in the 2000's which is the same amount some tall men are cutting on! I wanna blast some sense into them! They don't need to eat such low amounts to lose. Their nuts!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    For me I lose every 4-6 weeks then no scale movement for 4-6 weeks. I've recorded this pattern so I'm not freaking out yet that my scale weight hasn't gotten back down into the 58's. It's only been 3 weeks. Still might not go down for a few more weeks.

I'm back in the 58 range again as of this morning February 7. I weigh 58.8 now. I was in the 60's for a good part of the last week and the two weeks prior to that I was fluctuating between mid59 and low 60's.

Today is day 3 of my period and the water weight is now gone. I got to 58.4 on January 9 so it's taken a month to get back into the 58's.

Thanks to all who encouraged me to keep eating at my 2100 calories. For a while there I was a bit worried I might be eating a bit too much to lose and was scared the scale might not go back down again but I'm glad I preserved to see this out!

I haven't lost scale weight over the last month but I have lost a lot of fat off the lower part of my tummy as evidenced by my latest progress photos I'll attach soon. I will be having my measurement s taken February 11, I'm positive my waist has gone down!

I'm relieved!

I will continue to eat at 2100 calories. I'm losing nicely on this amount of gross calories!
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    @ kim55555 as you said the scale weight will move when it's good and ready! Way to stick with it. It may be slow but this method works!!!

I am down another half pound as well. The scale was all over the board this week and finally went down! So excited for the progress!!

Thank you too for all your guidance and inspiration!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be and I @Kim55555‌ You gals are doing great ☺ I'm showing a 3 lb gain this week which unsettles me but it's end of TOM which always affects my weight for a week. Also I'm sore from circuits so that's a factor. It does worry me too that I'm eating too much and it's catching up with me but I've got to stick with 2100! I want this to be my number. Will keep you both posted.

Enjoy your weekend ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555‌ ps I lose every 4 to 6 weeks too, but in the interim periods scale can stay mostly high. ...today I feel fat! Occasionally that happens lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    I'm not seeing the photo's, if they are attached, so I'll have to check when I get home, but I'm sure they are amazing. You are such an inspiration in showing the world you do NOT have to eat 1200 calories to look this dang good! :-)

I'll attach them when I get back to work. This old computer software of mine is not very good.

It's astonishing, because Im reading these threads on mfp and the bodybuilding.com site and see that I eat a lot more even than some 6 feet blokes do when losing and im female! Plus im just 5 feet 2 in height, oh plus I'm 42! Some guys are eating around the 1500 calorie mark. I started off eating mid 1800's, then eating 1900's & now still keep losing in the 2000's which is the same amount some tall men are cutting on! I wanna blast some sense into them! They don't need to eat such low amounts to lose. Their nuts!
    Did I miss your pics? I know what you mean about us eating more than most people on this journey and at our age (i know I'm a bit older) I love that us smaller but active ladies can eat alot more than we think. I have a few mfp friends who are skeptical but I will keep posting my findings. ...it just takes time, months and months! But give us time and our results are gonna be amazing ☺

• Kim55555
    Options
    @RunRutheeRun‌

I'll be back at work tomorrow and will work on uploading the photos next week. :smile:

Yeah... We are in a different category to the average sedentary/moderately active women so because we are more active and have more muscle and stronger LBM we can eat more.

I eat as an athlete would. I train as an athlete trains. My body demands/needs fuel. Did you end up buying Tim Venuto's book Burn the fat feed the muscle? Great book!! You can upload it for you kindle. I also saw it in a bookshop the other day too.

Its all about feeding/fueling the muscle/the body rather than starving it to lose body fat. Alternating between eating at a slight to moderate defecit means we can build strong bodies, improve fitness, performance as we have the fuel/energy to do this.

Have you looked into calorie cycling? I'm not sure how this would work for me as I have been intuitively listening to how much my body needs each day.

The days you lift heavy you eat at maintenance or just above maintenance so you can provide more calories to stimulate growth and strength. To balance it out the other days you eat at a defecit. I dunno if this would be a good idea to follow for me because if I don't feel the need for the extra calories on the weight training day I think it would be a mistake to force feed. I may find that on some other days of the week my body is asking/needing more calories/fuel so I would end up going over my weekly average and storing fat. Good concept but I think I'll stick with intuitive eating. It's working well for me and it makes sense. Actually most of the time I find my body wants more on weight training days so I'm thinking 2 days a week I could eat at maintenance.

Last night I was feeling a little bit hungry and could've had a snack at supper but because I hadn't one any activity/exercise yesterday as I was burnt out from moving house haha I had a feeling the 1961 calories I ate was the right amount to eat for me to maintain yesterday. My weekly average is 2080 this week so I'm bang on target.

I'm quite fine for it to take another year to get rid of this last bit of tummy fat! Quite a lot of fat has come off my lower tummy area and the last fat to go will be the top part of my tummy above the belly button. And because these are just vanity kg's now there is no hurry. This will be an exciting 12 months or the both of us :wink:

1.6 kg to go now to get to 57 kg. Goal is to get to 57 by May 1 :smile:

• Kim55555
    Options
    @ kim55555 as you said the scale weight will move when it's good and ready! Way to stick with it. It may be slow but this method works!!!

I am down another half pound as well. The scale was all over the board this week and finally went down! So excited for the progress!!

Thank you too for all your guidance and inspiration!!!

@skinny4me2be‌ Your welcome. Love to help and inspire others and I'm learning heaps too along the way. When I get settled in my new place I'll complete my personal training course so I can help women irl!

Haha yep. I lost a bunch of fat from my fat cells in my lower tummy and what the body does is fill up the fat cells with water just in case the owner of said body decides to eat *kitten* and so there is a welcoming home for the fat to be stored again in those same cells. So then 4 - 5 weeks later my body releases the water from the fat cells with a swoosh and wolllah fat cells are empty now, and because the water is gone, scale goes down. Photos and measurements in the meantime show what is truly unfolding and keep the dieter sane from worry.

I was starting to get a bit concerned I wasn't eating at enough defecit. I mean c'mon 2100! How amazing is it that I continue to lose body fat eating at 2100. That just seems so craaaaazy doesn't it lol! I can't wait to show you the proof with my latest photos!! From what I have learned, once you realise what your sweet spot is for losing fat you just have to sit patiently trust in the process that you will have success. The scale just takes forever haha. I'm so glad I preserved eating 2100. I'll keep eating at 2100 for a couple more months and see how I go.

Actually ya know what, yep it is slower but not that much slower as the main thing that is slower (when eating at a smaller defecit) is the speed at which the scale moves downwards. Others who are eating at large deficits are foolish because they think it's great the scale is so fast to move but what they don't realise is if they are not incorporating heavy weights or even of they are that a lot of that scale weight loss comes from muscle, water and fat. We want the scale to move slowly so you maintain your muscle and your loss comes solely from fat!

• Kim55555
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be and I @Kim55555‌ You gals are doing great ☺ I'm showing a 3 lb gain this week which unsettles me but it's end of TOM which always affects my weight for a week. Also I'm sore from circuits so that's a factor. It does worry me too that I'm eating too much and it's catching up with me but I've got to stick with 2100! I want this to be my number. Will keep you both posted.

Enjoy your weekend ☺

Yep give the 2100 a couple more months and track what your body weight does! Id say it's all just normal monthly fluctuations and yep it could very well be exercise soreness.

I got to my low of 58.4 back on January 9 and since then I've been in the upper range going as high as 60.4 kg :neutral_face: so your body can fluctuate 2 kg (4 - 5 pounds) over the course of a month. I can understand how you might be concerned your body is catching up with eating more food resulting in weight gain. Hopefully you will soon see a drop on the scale in the next few weeks and then you'll know you are stable.

• Kim55555
    Options
    @Kim55555‌ ps I lose every 4 to 6 weeks too, but in the interim periods scale can stay mostly high. ...today I feel fat! Occasionally that happens lol

Hmmm interesting... 4-6 weeks

That's why I like to weigh daily because I'm curious to see how long I stay at a certain weight for and I start to know when my scale will drop back down again.

Looking over my stats, this time it took just under 4 weeks to get back to my low end of the scale.

I stayed in the 58 range for just 3 days last month before shooting up to 60.4 kg on Jan 12 and since Jan 12 weighed between 59-60.4 kg. So after being in the high range for most of that 4 weeks what I'm wanting to see is my body weight to stay in the 58 - 59.5 range for the next 4 weeks and more time in the 58's. Hoping not to see that number 60 from now on.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555 interesting that your weight stays higher for weeks and then you drop, such a similar pattern to mine. I weigh twice or three times a week, I weigh in more when scale higher as I want to see the downward trend.

You are more an athlete than me, although I do strength training it's only 3 times a week for 30 mins and only because I feel it's good for me more than something I enjoy.( I do like my muscly thighs and biceps though :-) even my work colleagues mention my muscles which I love lol.)... It's the running I enjoy most, but again 6 miles a day is my average run, so hardly that athletic. ...I don't know? What makes an athlete?

As for calorie cycling I think that might be worth trying for me. At weekends I want more cals, Saturday's I'm always at 2500, my cheat day for want of a better word...then the rest of week I need to keep lower than 2100. I have decided I want to shed 5 lbs more for vanity, maybe my tummy will then look smaller! - so during the week I'm going to cut a little, say 1950 to 2000.

How are you settling into your new house?

Thanks again for all your updates and advice, you are great at explaining things and will make a great career out of doing this ☺
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Ps since sept at one point in each month I see 134.5lbs ...thereafter I see 135, 136 and as high as 138lbs ..that's a 4lbs fluctuation. That's 6 months of same ups and downs yet I am eating more. I think this is my body's happy weight and it's why I decided to switch to maintenance in Oct 14. ....until today!! when I decided that it's time to shed a few more lbs! Slow and steady as usual but I'm gonna try again. ....I'm rambling again lol...thinking out loud etc.
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @kim55555 and RunRutheeRun ...so had some unexpected company yesterday lots of unplanned eating and cocktails. Went over my calorie goal by 500 cals..(Ooops!)....and guess what? Scale went down again!! I could not believe it!!! I stepped on and off the scale several times to confirm! I was totally expecting a gain this morning!!
  • strive58
    Options
    Well, you made me feel better, I have worked at being very fit over the last year and a half and have only lost 21 pounds but my body has changed greatly. Our brains are wired to think pounds. I have to constantly remind myself to think differently. The only thing that discourages me is the scale so trying to avoid it for now (don't know if I can do it forever).
  • Kim55555
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Here are my progression photos

arrggh. I cant get it to work. I'll try again another time
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @kim55555 and RunRutheeRun ...so had some unexpected company yesterday lots of unplanned eating and cocktails. Went over my calorie goal by 500 cals..(Ooops!)....and guess what? Scale went down again!! I could not believe it!!! I stepped on and off the scale several times to confirm! I was totally expecting a gain this morning!!

woohooo you are doing fabulously and the scale is playing ball, well done :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555 the pics should insert ok if using laptop/computer, it's when using mobile app I don't think it works.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @kate55555 and @skinny4me2be update from me, my TOM and water weight gain is finally going, I held off weighing myself for several days as I was feeling I was retaining water/bloated.
    Now I have to rest for a few days owing to sciatic pain I've felt the need to lower my calories as I am barely able to be active. I know its just temporary but eating less means being more organised with meals and planning. I ate just 1600 calories yesterday, thats what MFP told me I should eat and my Fitbit agreed. I know its likely I can eat more but I'm going to play it safe until my normal activities can resume again....hopefully a few more days and I will be back in the game.
    Hope you gals week is going well :)
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @RunRutheerun. You are so dedicated!! Take care of you or you won't be able to work out-your doing great!!! Do you know what caused it all? Yea, eating down sux, but you've got the right frame of mind of being prepared and knowing you have to eat less. Your doing AMAZING!!! Continue to rest so the pain goes away. Take care of you!! :smiley:

I wish I could say the same. Its been a CRAZY week, four days of high sodium food days, the scale has gradually gone up E-V-E-R-Y day this week. I haven't gotten my water in, trying to get my protein in at least, and I'm staying within my calories, but its been a tough go. Its hard seeing the scale go up but I know its only temporary (at least i hope it is). I have a girls weekend this weekend and I'm sooo nervous about it-there will be munchies and drinks everywhere. I am hoping to bring my workout with me and lots of water. Ahhh!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!