Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options

@Kim55555 thanks for your reply and nice to see your seeing a lower number and hope that despite your higher average all will be well.

I'm going to be strict, 1700 cals gross, definitely not higher than 1750....its gonna be tough! But I NEED to see a lower number as I'm starting to panic and feel I'm on the slippery slope to being fatter again!!

On Sat I'll still eat higher but no more than 2200 rather than 2500. Overall average weekly deficit should be 4500, probably a bit aggressive but I'm not getting anywhere eating 1900 cals/day ...very sad about this!!

Makes me wonder how I possibly thought I was able to maintain eating 2200!!! I still feel clueless!

I looked at my weight chart for past 6 months and despite eating basically same cals since Oct, (2000k) from Feb on my weight is slowly creeping up at 1lb per month... my body obviously has got used to my workouts and is needing less cals!! How depressing! !

Sorry to rant on but feeling disheartened! !

Each day I expect weight to drop back down but it's not. 138 is my weight!! Sighhhhh lol

Ok enough griping from me, I'm tired as we've done loads of yard work and I'm feeling sorry for myself that on such a nice day we're working instead of taking off to the seaside!!

Keep posting your updates and they spur me on :smile:

But haven't you been increasing your workouts too over the last six months. What has your TDEE been the last six months ? (and the full 24 hours--what did you burn--I think you need to look at that)? Hard to believe your body got used to your workouts and is needing LESS!!! That scares the heck out of me!! Wow!! We are still learning aren't we??? I'm glad I have you gals along for this process!!! We will all get there some day some how!!!
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    Hi Ruthee, good luck! :smile: it's hard in that if you end up doing heaps of activity your appetite goes into overdrive which means the defecit won't be as much, and for me it runs the real risk of me going overboard and my appetite going out of control.

So what calorie average will you aim for?

I weighed the low point of my range today. Range in the last 6 days has been 58.9 - 60.5 kg. Today I weighed 59.0 and I'm praying I didnt put weight on after averaging 2504 calories last week! That's 2 weeks now that I've eaten 2500 calories eeeek :neutral:

Oh that's right I nearly forgot to mention... I'm now drinking 2 glasses of water 15 mins before eating so as to fill my tummy and just before I eat I'll drink another glass. I've noticed that I've still wanted to eat after eating a good sized dinner and I've snacked but then I've realised that I hardly drank any water before during or after eating. Maybe water is my answer to help keep me full and not eat as many calories each day. Anyway, I'll find an answer to curb my appetite lol! Do you guys find drinking water helps?

I know that if I can just be tough/strict for the first week with less calories my appetite and hunger will go down and get used to eating less. I'd gladly take 2100 calories at this stage lol. Hmmm maybe I should reach for cabbage or have some green tea.

@Kim55555 What a great idea to drink the glass of water with each meal! I'm going to try to remember to do this.

You gals are so inspirational!!! :-)
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @kim55555 & RunRutheeRun

So Friday March 27, I weighed in at my lowest weight for the month. I was so super excited. I was finally down 3.6lbs! I took me all month, but I did it!! Then girls weekend happened. Food, cocktails, but I logged it all, I even worked out while I was gone. When I returned, well that time of the month (I've had a partial hysto) was around so the hormones flung up, its nice out so on top of my morning work out I'm walking, and the weight has never come back down. Now with the Easter Festivities over, I'm focusing on my macro's and proteins--and exercise. Saturday I worked out AND Spring Cleaned my house-burned 2900 calories that day per my fitbit. The most ever. Do I believe the thing? I don't know. :-) I didn't eat that much..but maybe I should have eaten more that day. Who knows. I'm not giving up on my weight coming down yet as I had a lot of factors play into it (hormones, started walking more, etc). Just having a hard time figuring out my TDEE for the month-so now I'm looking at it week by week. Why does losing weight have to be so hard at this age??? UGH!!! :-)

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be woohoo on a really nice loss!! 3.6 lbs in a month is excellent! I'd be extremely happy with that :smiley: I think you're doing incredibly and you are getting results. More than I can say about my journey!

What do you mean the full 24 hr burn? Fitbit?I never get more than 2300. To get 2500 I have to do 30000 steps, to get 2800 I had to do 40000! Not impressed but that's my 5ft 2 and my age :neutral:

And yes in last 6 months I went from doing 14k per day and 40 active mins to 18k/day/ 70 active mins minimum.

I have not changed how I eat. But I was having an extra snack and in the form of choc or a biscuit or a pack of crisps, only one of those too!

I tried drinking water before meal today @Kim55555 I think it did help so I'll keep that up.

I had a good day! 25k steps /2400 TDEE / 1758 cals in. ...now to stick to that all week! !

Thanks to you gals for your support and encouragement :smile:
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @ RunRutheeRun...what I meant by 24 hour period...when we talked last week you had mentioned your numbers are a bit higher after you check your fitbit the next day. That is what your TDEE is from what I understood. I never know what my full burn is until midnight or the next day...sorry didn't mean to confuse!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be ok I should have known what you meant lol...last night at bedtime fitbit showed me at 2280 for 23k steps this morning it showed 2400. So ok I got 2400 in that 24 hr period. I ate 1750. Now to keep that up!! :smile:
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    @ RunRutheeRun---that's a pretty good deficit--650cals. How are you feeling with the 1750 cals? Hungry? Doing ok?
    My weight that I "gained" over my girls weekend still has not come off and I'm eating at my calorie goal. I have a cold now so my body is hanging on to something. Hopefully not working out today will shake something up. I don't like how I feel when I don't work out. Blah! Hopefully tomorrow will be better with a good nights rest.
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Bumping this as I have this happening right now. No weight loss but inches lost...trying very hard to be kind to myself! :-)

I am in the same boat. I have been exercising 6x a week for about a month now and logging with MFP for 2 weeks. I just saw the scale change with a loss of 1.6 lbs. I get so discouraged not seeing the numbers decrease, but my clothes feel better and I try very hard to concentrate on that. The scale is the devil to me right now. :(

Oh, this may be a dumb question, but what does it mean when you "bump" someone's post?
  • skinny4me2be
    Options
    Bumping means it will got to the top of the posts to be seen by others. This one was not looked at for a while so I bumped it hoping I would find some support here and I did. Welcome!! :-)
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    @skinny4me2be Oh....I see now. I've seen it a few times and never knew what people were bumping. LOL Thanks for the explanation.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @skinny_4me‌2be I am a bit hungry but trying to ignore that in the hope that I will get used to less....today I've had 1700 and that's me done and feeling ok....mind you its 3 hrs til bedtime!

Also ref bumping threads if using phone app you can hit star at top of thread and that will mean it's counted as a favourite of yours :smile: easy to come back to at any time plus you'll get notified that someone has commented.

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    The first five days of this week I've averaged 2202... Yey I'm happy with that! On two days I ate 2050 & 1976. I had a 2500 calorie day that bumped up the average.

I decided after chatting with my workplace exercise physiologist that I'd focus on doing a slow recomp. Stabilise at my higher weight range of 59 - 60.5 kg. Then in September (spring in Australia) I'll cut at 2000 Calories. She doesn't want me to go lower than 2000 when cutting.

I wouldn't mind trying a 2250 calorie average (slow recomp) for 6 months of the year (autumn and winter) and a 6 month 10-15% cut eating around 1900 calories in spring and summer (September - March). This way I'm at my very leanest for Day 1 of preseason footy training. Actually preseason starts middle of January so I might cut from August 1 - February 1!

I moved offices so now I'll have a new exercise physiologist. I'll be meeting with her on Thursday.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    junebedson wrote: »
    Hi first time poster here,so glad I read ur post as this is exactly what happening to me. I feel much fitter and my clothes look better but the scale has moved 1/2kilo in eight weeks!! I was reducing calories and not eating back exercise calories and on the verge of giving up .but now I won't weigh in every week I'm measuring instead .thanks so much for the info.

Hi welcome to the thread! :smile: good work, DW too much about the scale as your progressing... Clothes are looking better. Have you thought of taking a monthly weight loss average. I know throughout my journey and even when I still had 20 + kg's to lose I'd lose only ever 3rd or 4th week. Some weeks I'd gain, some I'd stay the same, week 4 I'd lose a heap on the scale. I reigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't lose scale weight every week and I needed to focus on the monthly average loss. Keep it up, your doing great! :smiley: glad you didn't give up!

Btw how many calories are you eating and how much exercise do you do? How much have you hot to lose? :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555 thanks for above reminder that it could be week 3 before weight changes, you reminded me that it was similar for me! I'd forgotten! !
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Your welcome
  • giscindy1
    Options
    I had lost 64 lbs in 2014 but of course here come the holidays and I fell off the weight loss wagon big time! Mostly because after working and working I was stuck and discouraged. I quit walking and started eating normally for me which would be overeating for a 'normal' person and didn't realize how much time was passing. Four months later I got on the scales and almost cried! I had gained 24 lbs!
    So I climbed back on that horse and started all over again. I have lost 6.5 lbs in the last week and I'm aiming for another 60 lb loss this year. I know the weight loss will slow down after a while but that first 6.5 lbs has helped me get motivated and back into the swing of things. MyFitnessPal has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    August 10, 2015

My weight crept back up to 64.1 kg this winter. That's 3 times now I failed at maintenance.

Maintenance is a dirty word to me. After I lose the weight this time around I plan to just keep losing forever but at a very slight 5 % deficit (recomp)

Anyway offseason has started early for me so now it's the business end of the year to get the weight off. My goal is to lose 7 kg over the course of the next 7 months but if it takes longer to lose the last 2 kg I'm ok with it because I'll be taking note of my body fat %

:smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555 Kim don't say the word failure!! you have NOT failed!! each of us fluctuates in maintenance, some up to 5lbs some up to 10lbs, it doesn't mean we fail, it just means we have to constantly re-evaluate our eating and adjust our intake as necessary.

Keep weighing in and adjust your calories a little, thats all it takes..you have sooo got this :smiley:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Hi Ruthee! Thanks for your kind words and support. ☺️ Hows things with you!? Hope your well!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @kim55555 all GREAT with me Kim, I've been enjoying not logging my foods now for about 6 weeks and its going sooo well - I'm delighted about that! I figure I've got this mindful eating thing to a tee and despite being on a cruise for a few weeks I'm at the lower end of my goal range which is terrific as most years when we go on holiday it takes me a few months getting back to my lower weight! (as much as I'd like to see a lower number on the scale I know I'm fine where I'm at, so any loss that might happen will be a bonus)

I still mentally keep an eye on my cals, week days are more like 1900 cals and weekends 2300. Of course I'm still doing same pretty high level of activity so all is well.

I know you'll be fine, that weight will continue to come off, slow and steady is best :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!