Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Glad I was satisfied with 1730 today! That will help bring the average down. Today I walked for a total of 60 mins and did 60 mins of footy training, so a 20 % + defecit today easily. :smile:

Made huge improvement in my fitness! We did another timed run tonight.

Sprinting 1 lap then 1 minute rest for a total of 3 laps

Last time I did a PB of 1 min 36 for lap 1, lap 2 I struggled and did a 1.45 & lap 3 I ran it in 2 mins.

This time around I did the whole thing in 6 mins 53 seconds. (includes two 1 min rest breaks)

Lap 1 I did a new PB in a time of 1.34 :smiley:
    Lap 2 I'm not sure what time it was but I know I did lap 3 in 1 min 38 sec.

I'm thrilled I did so well considering I haven't done that much in the way of running due to resting my sore knees. The deep water running, the once per week cycling and all the walking up hills to work must be helping me to maintain my fitness! Wooohooo :smile:
  • laurahickman14
    laurahickman14 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    One step at a time - looking to make more friends and share lots of motivation and tips with you all - the more friends the happier!
  • ereckless82
    ereckless82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    Got a huge shock this morning when I weighed myself. I'm into the 50's range, weighing 59.2 kgs now. I cant believe it. The lastest kilo that I lost took 6 months to lose.

In the past 6 months I've lost a lot in centimetres and have had to keep buying smaller clothes sizes. People can see how thin I have been getting and assuming i've lost heaps of weight. I have been fluctuating between 60 - 62 kgs for the past 6 months. Scale just would not budge.

The moral to this story is... If you exercise intensely, do weights and have a small defecit its going to take the scale a while to catch up to the hard work you have put in. For the past year I have been eating between 1800 - 2200 (as a 5 foot 2 female) My body has changed so much yet the scale was stuck. You need to have patience and not worry about what the scale says. Its how you look in your clothes, and more importantly how you naked!

So keep focused, work hard and you will be successful. It takes time for your body to change. I hope this encourages others. You might not even lose any more scale weight or even put on weight and look better than before when you weighed less. Dont let the scale rule your life. What I have been doing to keep motivating myself is to buy clothes and work hard so I can fit into them 6 - 8 weeks later. Its been working nicely.

I have now lost 32 kg and I started April 2010. So its been over 2 years now.

I <3 you for posting this. The scale is my little evil friend, and hasn't been moving much even though I know things are changing. This post is exactly what a lot of us need to read from time to time. Thank you, and way to go!!
  • Kim55555
    Options
    :)
  • Kim55555
    Options
    I was going to reply but I'm dozing off in bed. I'll leave it for the weekend I think,
  • Kim55555
    Options
    I've been struggling eating the 1950 I set myself to eat. Last week I averaged 2205.

The last 2 days I ate 2541 (did a 90 minute hilly bike ride) and yesterday ate 2522 (walked to and from work and at lunch time totalling 120 minutes and I did 45 minutes heavy full body weights, plus a bit of walking activity at work. I'm hoping I had at least a 100 - 200 calorie defecit on those 2 days but i'm not sure.

I really want to eat the 1950 calories. I'll have a look at the foods i'm eating and do some tweeking. Feel free to chip in if you have any ideas/tips for me.

Here is an average day for me

Breakfast

greek yoghurt 90 grams
    chia seeds 20 grams
    almonds 18

coffee
    milk
    brown sugar

Mid morning Snack
    Avocado 70 grams
    tuna 95 grams
    1 egg white
    plain salad (no dressing)
    mushrooms (plain)
    small apple

Lunch
    coffee
    milk
    brown sugar

Avocado 80 grams
    smoked salmon 90 grams
    salad (plain)
    mushrooms (plain)
    1 egg white

Afternoon snack
    1 egg

coffee
    milk
    brown sugar

Dinner
    usually something lean, lean meat, or lean chicken breast, smoked salmon, sometimes sushi, salad, sometimes

After dinner snacks (which i really need to cut down on)
    Sometimes
    Ryvita with margarine and reduced fat cheese
    or fruit

I log the salad as 35 calories, the mushrooms as 35 calories. So If I'm having salad and mushroom 3 times a day that adds up to 210 calories (these are really neutral calories that maybe I shouldn't even be logging)

I need to ween off the brown sugar. I went cold turkey off the artificial sweetener (equal) and now have the brown sugar instead. I'm hoping to eliminiate brown sugar eventually.

Maybe I could cut down on my avocado by half. I could also cut the chia seeds down by half and the almonds down by half, cut the brown sugar down by half. This could be a start! What do you think?

:)

I'm doing well and haven't felt hungry I think because I've cut back on some energy dense foods.

I eat less almonds for breaky, eliminated my chia seeds for now, only have half a teaspoon of sugar with my coffee. Cut my avocado consumption in half and managed to eliminate my after dinne snacking. I'll just have a piece of fruit instead.

Today I'll be running early arvo, weights at night so I'll try hard to stay under 2200 today and I'll achieve a defecit.

Over the past 4 days I've averaged 1830 so if I do need more today it will balance out nicely :smiley:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    @Kim55555 you're doing wonderfully :smile:
    do you spice up your food any ?
    And no salad dressing, ever?
    I'm just thinking aloud here lol....I need lots of flavour to enjoy my food but I realise everyone's different :smile:
  • nesian_twin
    Options
    I have a love/hate relationship with my scales
  • Kim55555
    Options
    @Kim55555 you're doing wonderfully :smile:
    do you spice up your food any ?
    And no salad dressing, ever?
    I'm just thinking aloud here lol....I need lots of flavour to enjoy my food but I realise everyone's different :smile:

Hi! Thanks

Nope don't spice or flavour my foods. I like the natural taste.

I'd like to start experimenting with cooking a bit more though it's just pure laziness. Eg when I cook chicken I just chuck it in the microwave haha. It's quite yummy anyway.

I ate 2062 yesterday and it was heavy weights day. I'm happy I ate under 2200 which is my goal for weight training days! I've averaged 1946 now over 5 days. Happy to be under my 1950 goal. Hmmmm maybe ill make my goal for weight training days to be under 2100 now.

I got another job for 1 month (in same department) and hoping it will be extended. It might mean less walking & activity so I'll have to take that into account. Its good news for my arm that is recovering from tendinitis (tennis elbow) it will get more rest which is good. It's been nearly 5 months now that I've been on light duties and my arm is only starting to get better/feel more normal. Doesn't ache as much now & takes less time to recover after repetitive tasks.Yey :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options

Since December 1 I have lost 3.5 kg (7.7 lb) So that is 3.5 kg in 3 months!

I'm thrilled to have averaged just over 1 kg loss per month!

I know I have said in the past that the scale weight is not as important as body fat % but now I'm really wanting to aim for lower! hopefully I can get to 55 kg because it will mean less force on my joints when I play my footy. They do take a pounding with all the jumping and landing. So the lighter I can get the better!!

So my new goal is to get to 55 kg by 3 months time. June 1! :smile: Eating 1950 gross calories. That will be a loss of 2.6 kg.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Once my scale weight stops moving then I'll be doing a slow recomp eating just slightly below maintenance so as to change my body composition. Hmmm I wonder when the scale will stop moving! I'll just have to keep going and wait and see. How exciting.... To be in these final stages.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited March 2015
    Options
    @kim55555 I'm really enjoying following your updates and hoping for the same success :smile: )
    ps over half a stone/7lbs since Christmas is A-MAZ-ING :smiley: I would be absolutely DELIGHTED with that.
  • skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Since December 1 I have lost 3.5 kg (7.7 lb) So that is 3.5 kg in 3 months!

I'm thrilled to have averaged just over 1 kg loss per month!

I know I have said in the past that the scale weight is not as important as body fat % but now I'm really wanting to aim for lower! hopefully I can get to 55 kg because it will mean less force on my joints when I play my footy. They do take a pounding with all the jumping and landing. So the lighter I can get the better!!

So my new goal is to get to 55 kg by 3 months time. June 1! :smile: Eating 1950 gross calories. That will be a loss of 2.6 kg.

Congrat's Kim5555 That's awesome!! Your doing great!!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    its odd, maybe I keep measuring different part of my body. Because I swear the scale hasn't move much for me over last 3 weeks. But my clothes all got bigger and I went from XL/L size down to S/M and I dont look like a sausage. My pants were size 14/16 and now to 10/12. The scale only showed .5lb lost this last 3 weeks but my inches has not really showed any difference either, yet, I can fit into my Medium North Face Dalani where just a month ago, if I tried to squeeze myself in, I will rip my jacket off and I can't even put both hands .... now, I dont know where I lost weight, my mom said that my back looks like it shrunk but I never did measure my back...
  • Kim55555
    Options
    So I've decided to go by a 6 weekly trend rather than a 5 weekly trend. I've lost just over 3/4 of a kg in the past 6 weeks. 800 grams.

My pattern is I lose some scale weight & then a little more a few days later or a week later. It happens all in the space of 1 week!

Then the scale trends upwards. Feb 5 was day 1 of my last period and I was at my upper range for approx 1 and a 1/2 weeks. Feb 15 was the day I got to my new low of 57.9 kg.

I should get my next period around about March 5 and a few days leading up to it and the week during my period my scale will be at its highest again! Im hoping my high scale weight (will be at a new low) in the 59's next time. Hoping not to see it in the 60's.

Then approx 1 & 1/2 to 2 weeks after day 1 of my period I shall again see the low end of my scale range and hopefully a new low scale weight. Last time it took 10 days to see the new number of 57.9 kg after day 1 of my period was 60.0 kg.

I have to keep reminding myself that my body will only ever lose the weight in the space of one week and that I need to look at the 6 weekly pattern oh and also not to freak out every time my body stays in the high end of the range due to the time of the month.

So I will see my lowest weight again in the middle of march about 1 and a half weeks after day 1 of my period.

:smiley:

Well it's the middle of March now, March 14 and I haven't hit my low end of my range yet like I'd been hoping to. I weighed 59.4 kg this morning. I haven't been as active in the last 2 weeks due to a corked thigh from last Tuesday night plus the last couple of weeks especially since I've started this new job I seemed to have burnt myself out, so I haven't done as much exercise.

I'd be happy if I maintained over the past 1 & 1/2 weeks. It's just been the past 1 & 1/2 weeks that I've gone off track (eating just a bit too much for the amount of activity I was doing) but I think sometimes this can happen and what matters is how you deal with it & what action you take to prevent it going further, and cracking down so you don't go off the rails.

It all depends on priorities and how badly do I want to get to 57.0 kg and then maybe 55 if my body is capable of getting there. I'm going to change my settings to 2000 now up from 1900. 1900 is just too low & I was never hitting it. Not realistic for me.

Im aiming for a 0.6 kg loss by June 20 which is around 5 weeks away. My lowest weight was 57.6 kg so I'll be working hard to reach 57 kg by June 20 a nice even number.

I need to cut back on my avocado & almonds & eliminate my snacking after dinner. I really want this bad! The question is do I want it more than the food! I believe I do. Wish me luck!

How's everyone else going?? :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555 Snacking after dinner is my issue, more out of boredom as that's when we sit down and catch up on telly...I'm finding 1900 ok, wish it was more but its not looking that way.

scale still down from highest number but wishing I'd caught myself on sooner and cut my cals last month.

We continue to learn!

Only 5 weeks til Jun yikes! ! I want to be at my lowest ie 134lbs before we go on holiday in mid July. Not sure if 4lbs is doable for me In that time without cutting to 1700! But I'm not going to do that as I can't sustain it.

Keep these posts coming.

We can do this! :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Hi @RunRutheeRun‌ :smile: yep it's all about sustainability hey!

I think after cutting for such a long period it becomes difficult to sustain it. I started last August and I think I need a break from it! I really don't know how I managed to go for 2 & a half years when I originally lost my 33 kg. Its such a long time.

I know that if I could just see a 56.something on my scale my motivation and dedication will go up but I'm finding it a challenge to continue!

I'm toying with the idea of having a few months off now as im just not feeling it. Im feeling burnt out. And theres no rule to say how long it takes to lose the weight is there!?. Im thinking of having March through to August off...... maintain for the next 6 months and start afresh in Spring... September 1 to lose the last few kg. In the meantime it will give me a chance to do a slow recomp eating at maintenance. Goal is to stay in the 58-59 kg range!

Ok so as I have been typing this I've made my decision I'm switching to maintenance. :smile: I am going to push the limits to see how much i can eat. I was losing eating an average of 2000 2100 & 2200.

So I'm going to start off by eating 2300 gross average weekly calories and every week I'll add on 50 calories until I find I'm starting to gain. I will no a real gain if/when I see one as I will see a pattern.

• Kim55555
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hmmm I might as well do a little experiment on my way to starting maintenance and see if I can lose eating 2200. I'll aim for 2200 for the next 6 weeks & see what happens!! I think I can still lose on 2200. A very slow loss but a loss lol.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    its odd, maybe I keep measuring different part of my body. Because I swear the scale hasn't move much for me over last 3 weeks. But my clothes all got bigger and I went from XL/L size down to S/M and I dont look like a sausage. My pants were size 14/16 and now to 10/12. The scale only showed .5lb lost this last 3 weeks but my inches has not really showed any difference either, yet, I can fit into my Medium North Face Dalani where just a month ago, if I tried to squeeze myself in, I will rip my jacket off and I can't even put both hands .... now, I dont know where I lost weight, my mom said that my back looks like it shrunk but I never did measure my back...

That's cool! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options

Congrat's Kim5555 That's awesome!! Your doing great!!

Thanks! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!