Scale number will move only when good & ready

Options

Replies

• luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Kim55555 wrote: »
    So I've decided to go by a 6 weekly trend rather than a 5 weekly trend. I've lost just over 3/4 of a kg in the past 6 weeks. 800 grams.

My pattern is I lose some scale weight & then a little more a few days later or a week later. It happens all in the space of 1 week!

Then the scale trends upwards. Feb 5 was day 1 of my last period and I was at my upper range for approx 1 and a 1/2 weeks. Feb 15 was the day I got to my new low of 57.9 kg.

I should get my next period around about March 5 and a few days leading up to it and the week during my period my scale will be at its highest again! Im hoping my high scale weight (will be at a new low) in the 59's next time. Hoping not to see it in the 60's.

Then approx 1 & 1/2 to 2 weeks after day 1 of my period I shall again see the low end of my scale range and hopefully a new low scale weight. Last time it took 10 days to see the new number of 57.9 kg after day 1 of my period was 60.0 kg.

I have to keep reminding myself that my body will only ever lose the weight in the space of one week and that I need to look at the 6 weekly pattern oh and also not to freak out every time my body stays in the high end of the range due to the time of the month.

So I will see my lowest weight again in the middle of march about 1 and a half weeks after day 1 of my period.

:smiley:

Great idea to do a 6 week trend. I'm going to do that. I'm also going to track my weightloss as it relates to my period. Thanks for the tip!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    S

Day 5 now. I've been 63.5 - 64.2 since October 9. Going by my above notes my scale will go down in approx 5-10 days!

I'm doing well since i started drinking more water with my dinner.

Oct 5 - Oct 11 - 1860 weekly average

I'm enjoying my running. I did a timed 400 metre sprints & nearly made myself throw up haha. Judging by my times I'll be fitter than I was for te start of pre season training. Ran Three 400 metre sprints (with 1 min rest in between) in 7 min 39 sec. My record last season was 6 min 53. My goal is to get it to 6 min 30 and then maybe lower. Anyway I'm keeping my exercise/fitness goals separate to my calorie needs. Although it is handy to get that extra calorie burn on the days I run (on top of my walking o and from work) my running doesn't impact the amount of food and my behaviour towards food & exercise. Before around a couple of years ago I would long distance bike with the intention of burning as many calories as possible, and also to get fit but now I do my running with the main intention of getting fit. 1800-1900 seems to be enough for me which is great.

That's cool @RunRutheeRun Ruthee and I need to remind myself constantly I have a job to do. Not to turn to food for comfort/entertainment and to 90 % of time use it just to fuel my performance and life & I should be fine. When I get close to around 57 if there are events coming up every now and then I'll eat a little over but try hard 90 % of the time to stay under a 2300 average and my weight will be stable. I look at it this way we don't really have other options. It's either maintain or let ourselves go and get fat lol :smile:

@kim55555 thats the attitude!! it takes time to rethink our habits/behaviour. There will always be times when we can't help but go over on cals, and thats what lifes about - enjoying family and food...but if we sort the normal days out then the splurge days wont do any harm whatsoever. Fuelling the body is a sound plan. We wont get fat, we enjoy being slim too much plus we have to look at the bigger picture, its better for our bodies as we get older if we are healthier/fitter.

I can see your overall attitude is changing and for the better, so keep up the good work :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Great idea to do a 6 week trend. I'm going to do that. I'm also going to track my weightloss as it relates to my period. Thanks for the tip!

Your welcome! Yep, it will help to keep you sane! :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    @kim55555 thats the attitude!! it takes time to rethink our habits/behaviour. There will always be times when we can't help but go over on cals, and thats what lifes about - enjoying family and food...but if we sort the normal days out then the splurge days wont do any harm whatsoever. Fuelling the body is a sound plan. We wont get fat, we enjoy being slim too much plus we have to look at the bigger picture, its better for our bodies as we get older if we are healthier/fitter.

I can see your overall attitude is changing and for the better, so keep up the good work :smile:

Thanks! :smile:

yeah some days and weeks I eat more than others like for instance this week I averaged 1995 calories which was more than I'd planned/wanted (my goal is 1800) but maybe my body needed more. The important thing is I still had what was a 10-15 % defecit eating that amount. It's a win for me to stay under 2000.

As long as there is a downward trend on the scale I'm happy. I know it is a bit slow going but I'm at peace with it. I lost another 300 grams the other day. My new low is 63.2 kg now. I have 6 more to go. Once I hit 60 my body is looking pretty good and I'll be fitting into most of my clothes again.

@RunRutheeRun How is the scale going for you?

Talking about habits/behaviours. When I was over at mum and dads for dinner I had some corned beef. I was just about to put it away in the fridge after cutting up some veggies to go with it and mum asked if that was enough meat for me. I said yeah, she then started cutting some more meat, which I thought she was cutting for me but she cut some for herself. She'd already eaten dinner half an hour earlier, I don't think she was hungry because I noticed she was eating 2 slices of toast as a snack around 5.30 when I was running out the door to take the dog for a walk. When I got back half an hour later she was eating dinner. So out of habit/entertainment or just the fact that the meat was on the counter led her to eat it. Im thinking if the meat was already in the fridge when she walked past the kitchen she wouldn't have eaten it. I'm not judging her just reminding myself of present/future behaviours I need to be mindful of so I don't partake in uneccary snacking. I need to remain aware!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    @Kim55555 wtg on seeing the scale come down again :smile:

I'm doing great I'm consistently seeing 133lbs /60kg which is goal. ..still want to push to see 130 but I don't mind how long it takes. My average is around 1900 which is 10%deficit . I'm seeing inch loss on my waist and tummy from the lifting :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options

I'm doing great I'm consistently seeing 133lbs /60kg which is goal. ..still want to push to see 130 but I don't mind how long it takes. My average is around 1900 which is 10%deficit . I'm seeing inch loss on my waist and tummy from the lifting :smile:

Cool! Looks like the recomp is working!! That's awesome!! Good job!!
  • Kim55555
    Options

• Kim55555
    Options
  • Kim55555
    Options

Lol I sent that message from my phone but it didn't work, lost most of the reply so I'm sending from my iPad :smiley:

• Kim55555
    Options
    Arrghh I'll try again

• Kim55555
    Options
  • Kim55555
    Options
    If you haven't been doing it now could be a good time to take photos in a gym top or bikini. I prefer gym top. It's a good way to keep you motivated and encouraged if the scale doesn't move.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Stupid &@;$:&;$ myfitness pal grrr
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Either stupid mfp or stupid phone :smiley:

I am taking pics of course :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Cool! :smile: can't wait to see your progression!
  • Kim55555
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I lost 200 grams this week eating 2119 gross calories :smiley: I'm 63.0 now :smiley:

Judging by my loss I'm thinking I must have been eating at around a 5 % defecit.

I was stuck on 63.5 for quite a few days and wondered when the blasted scale would move! haha. I haven't seen a 64 point something in a couple of weeks so I think my new range is 63 - 63.5 now.

I'm still trying to hit 1900 a week. I'd love to be able to lose 1/2 kg a week but as long as I'm on a downward trend that is the main thing and 200 grams I'll take.

I did an 8 sec PB last night in my timed 400 metre sprints. It took 7min 31 sec so I'm focussing on running goals and my weight lifting! Im fitting into some more of my clothes too.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options
    Fantastic time for your sprint :smile:

And great to see you losing, you're doing great :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    Thanks! You too :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Options
    This is what I wrote in another thread which I thought I'd share, plus it's handy to keep my thoughts in my thread/journal I created.

Hi

From 2010-2012 I lost 33 kg. I'm 5'2 and got down to 57 kg. I look good at 57, even at 60 as I have some muscle.

The last 2 winters I put back on 9 kg but each spring/summer I got back to 57 in the space of 7 months.

This time around I've been recomping eating what I think has been somewhere around a 5 % defecit. SW was 66kg

I'm 8 weeks in and for the past month my scale has fluctuated between 63 kg - 64.4 kg. The scale has pretty much stayed about the same but I have lost fat. I tried my black australian size 8 skirt on a month ago and could not even do the zipper up at all. I tried it on a couple of days ago and I was amazed! I was able to zip it all the way up!! It's still tight though but I'm working on it. I'll try it on again in another month and see how it fits. I'm hoping to fit into it again in around maybe 8-10 weeks time I'm not sure. Im so glad I tried it on that morning as I was down because the scale read 64.4kg.

A bit of background. I lift heavy twice a week. I have a running program I follow 3 times a week (sprints and intervals anywhere from 100 metres - 1.2 km) I run because im getting fit for my sport. Preason starts in January. My times have improved and my performance in the weight room has improved. I'm getting stronger and lifting heavier. I also walk to and from work 4 days a week.

I'm interested in following this recomp through until I get to the same size as I was when I was 57 kg. When I got to 57 I was lifting heavy and running too. I started eating at a moderate defecit of between 10-20% around 1800-1900 calories the first couple of months, then as I lost the weight rather than decreasing my calories further like a lot of people do I increased my calories and defecit got smaller. The last 1-2 months I was eating between 0-10 % defecit.

But I'm also keen to drop my calories down and eat around 10 - 20 % defecit to lose a little quicker.

Here are my gross calorie amounts I ate to achieve the loss I've had

Week 1 - 2045
    Week 2 - 1983
    Week 3 - 2058
    Week 4 - 2187
    Week 5 - 1860
    Week 6 - 1985
    Week 7 - 2112

My goal has been to eat 1900 calories.

In the last couple of days I've tweaked a few things in my diet to try to stay under 2000 calories so I'll see how I go.

It's exciting that I have been able to do that skirt up now and the scale hasn't moved! So that's how I know I've progressed. I'm taking photos every 2 months this time around.

Actually as long as I keep losing fat and inches and my performance in the weight room and on the track improves I'm fine if it takes anywhere between 6-12 months to get back to 57 kg. And maybe this time 59 kg would be more realistic to maintain. The main reason I want to get bak to 57 is because its the number I got to twice before in the last 5 years & it would mean less impact on my joints being at a lighter scale weight. However the benefits of being 59 kg means I'd be able to eat a bit more and it's a scale weight I could more easily maintain. I got to 57 & then found I hovered mostly in the 59's so I didn't stay 57 for long.

Edited to add:

When I eventually get to 60 kg I am going to do a never ending 0-5 % recomp. I don't like the word maintenance. I'll try hard to have that little bit of a defecit 90 % of the time and I should be fine.
  • Kim55555
    Options
    So I'm keen to recomp at 0-5% but I'm also keen to lose eating at a 5-15% defecit too. I've done well the last couple of days eating close to 1900. I'll try to keep it going. As long as this amount of food doesn't impact on my hunger and my fitness & weights performance then I'll stick to the 5-15% defecit. If I feel I need to eat more at times then I'll eat more.

Back when I lost the 33 kg I'd go through periods of eating at a moderate defecit and the scale as well as inches would move and then I'd go through weeks/months where I'd eat around 0-5% range calorie cycling between 1800-2300 and the scale would stop moving but I would still be getting thinner leaning out due to my heavy lifting. It took 12 months to lose the last 3 kg from what I can remember!

I think I'd like to get to at least 60 kg first though before starting to eat at a 5% recomp amount but I'll play it by ear because I'm doing so well with my running and my lifting I need to think about what my highest priority is.

Last night I did 3 reps of 800 metres in around the same time as I did it a month ago however this time I wasn't even trying to sprint it. The wonderful news is and I'm glad I keep notes. I really had to exert myself to run each 800 in 4 mins 20 a month ago whereas last night it felt a lot easier. :smile: I didn't feel like doing an all out sprint either so I thought I'd just coast through it as my energy was down a bit. I'd twinged my back a little a few days earlier in the weight room and had a couple of rest days prior so I didn't want to push it.

Be careful when putting 20 kg plates back down on a low rung. Someone had left weights on the machine and when i went to put the 20 kg plate away i felt a twinge. Oh and another lesson I learned you need to gradually and slowly increase your barbell squat weight as your back and rest of your body might not be ready just yet to lift heavier even though your legs are capable. That's how I twinged my back the first time. I took a couple of weeks off from the leg weights and slowly eased back into it. This was around 6 weeks ago. So I had this other setback on Wednesday but my back is feeling good again and I'll be ack into the weights later this arvo. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!