Free food in the office

Options
124»

Replies

• Pipsg1rl
    Pipsg1rl Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    1. Recall all of those times you have caught someone leaving the restroom without washing their hands
    2. Observe gathering of people around food
    3. Connect 1 and 2. Tada! E-coli is not a good bagel topping.

this is a fantastic way to avoid buffets also ;)
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    brush your teeth. everyhting except water tastes bad after you brush.
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    People bring donuts into my office ALL of the time. I just avoid them by not going into the lunch room or by chewing gum or having a light healthy snack.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I never touch the bagels and cream cheese, so bad for you! I had one donut ball, you know the mini ones, entered into mfp and it was 90 cal, stopped me from getting more. My office has a cupcake occassion every other week, I decided that I already know what they taste like, so I don't need to eat them again. My other rule is if you want something only take half.
  • cavewoman15
    cavewoman15 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    this is the WORST. i have a coworker who has taken it as her part time job to feed everyone in the office. honestly -- and i feel only a little bad about this -- i'm just rude to her. she offers me stuff ALL THE TIME even though she knows i'm watching what i eat. when i say no thanks - trying to eat healthy (politely) she'll say things like 'oh, well, it only has X amount of sugar.' so now she asks and i just rudely say NO THANKS and keep moving. her problem, not mine!
  • emily2tx
    emily2tx Posts: 77
    Options
    If I know that there will be food at the office, I try to eat a small healthy breakfast and/or small lunch. Then I can have a bit of the goodies without too much guilt. Of course I log it all! Also depends on where you are in your goals. If you are in motivation mode and you are hard core, then I would flat refuse it (I have done this for a couple of years), but since I am now in maintenance mode, I am okay with a treat here or there. I just try not to overdo it. I also look up the calories before I eat it to make sure it is worth it.
  • lrlnss
    lrlnss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum helps me resist foods... hope it helps!
  • childsca
    childsca Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I don't avoid. I choose the best option and log it and workout extra. Or eat less.

I agree with this post as well.
  • childsca
    Options
    We have food in our breakroom all the time too. So, I know this and leave room in my food log for something extra and tasty. Sometimes I will just have a small piece of whatever it is and sometimes I will look at it and say, "Hmmm, that's probably stale since it's been sitting out", just to psych myself out of eating it. : )
  • childsca
    Options
    Ewwww....what a fantastic idea! Thank you! : )
  • childsca
    Options
    1. Recall all of those times you have caught someone leaving the restroom without washing their hands
    2. Observe gathering of people around food
    3. Connect 1 and 2. Tada! E-coli is not a good bagel topping.

Ewwww....what a fantastic idea! Thank you! : )
    [/quote]