Big Bang Theory

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    No, the laugh track is so terrible. Arrested Development ruined situation comedy for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfFd_wOQsGQ&feature=related

I can honestly say I have never noticed the laugh track- probably because I am laughing too hard to hear it !

You know... I never notice the laugh track either. Too busy laughing as well.

Sheldon: Why are you crying?
    Penny: Because I'm stupid!
    Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    Penny

Penny

Penny

Penny

Actually it's
    *knock, knock, knock* Penny

:wink:
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I will now be singing "soft kitty" for the rest of the day...who wants to do a round with me?

HAHA hubby has me sing that to him every time he is sick. Funniest. Show. Ever.

So does mine. We introduced my IL's to the show and now my mil owns a soft kitty tshirt. :laugh:
  • k8blujay2
    Options
    I have tried to watch this show like 20 times. I always sit and think "Ok, this guy has beat out Steve Carrell twice for the Emmy, so it's gotta be hilarious, right?" and every time I get about half way in and I'm like "Nope, still not funny."

I mean, I get the nerd jokes and stuff, I just don't think it's funny at all. But maybe I just have a really weird sense of humor.

Same with 2 and a Half Men, I do NOT understand how people think that show is (or was--w/Charlie Sheen) funny.

That's ok... I don't get the office. Nor parks and rec. and I am a civil worker.
  • lostinureyes17
    lostinureyes17 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love Big Bang Theory. I actually started watching it because my fiance said he couldn't stand the show and I usually love shows he doesn't. I was right! Funny thing is now he likes it too. I love the episode where Sheldon rewards Pennys' good behavior with chocolate!:laugh:
  • allisonmrn
    allisonmrn Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to someoone about how much I love this show!! Its the best :-)
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Penny is HOT :flowerforyou: and Bernadette is pretty sweet but they could use new tail on that show every now and then. Like the one where they invaded the models house to fix their cable.....Sheldon is to the big bang theory what Homer is to the Simpson's.
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Watching that show now.
  • Gloriasoo
    Gloriasoo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Both my son and I love the show. I gave him a Ba zing ga shirt for his birthday and he is 36.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Bagman12002
    Bagman12002 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Penny

Penny

Penny

Penny

Amen to that!!

This
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    LOVE this show! My nephew acts a lot like Sheldon, lmao. He's only 11.
  • Wonderwoman2677
    Wonderwoman2677 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    "Bazinga!" LOL Love it.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    As a real geek, I hate this show.
    I find it stupid, obnoxious, and illogical and I'm stunned that they get the live audience to laugh as much as they do. I suspect it's against their wills.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I love this show.
    I wish it was instant on Netflix so I can start from the beginning.
  • JWmovin4ward
    JWmovin4ward Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Love it !
  • shellisugar
    shellisugar Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Add me to TBBT show love. I met Jim Parsons in Las Vegas two years ago. He was awesome.

My son is basically Sheldon.
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I find it stupid, obnoxious, and illogical and I'm stunned that they get the live audience to laugh as much as they do. I suspect it's against their wills.

^This. Laugh tracks suck.
  • futuremalestripper
    futuremalestripper Posts: 467 Member
    Options

^This. Laugh tracks suck.

That's the scary part. I looked it up. It's supposedly a live audience. No laugh track. =\

My guess is they are gassed and hypnotized. Or maybe their kids/pets are held hostage at gun-point.
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    My husband and I love this show.

He's an engineer.. (and is honestly one of the smartest men I know) so I love all of the "oh, Howard is JUST an engineer, he doesn't even have a doctorate!" jokes..

I save them and use them.

My other half is a scientist with a Ph.D. and we LOVE the show. I see a mix of Sheldon and Leonard in him. :laugh:

He would fit in very well with those guys.