I've been saving this for just such a thread. :happy:

357pvsm.jpg

LMAO love this!!!

My question is why not???

I agree, this is totally awesome!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    How about this? I will continue to eat meat, because I believe that it's tasty and wonderful and not wrong to do so.

Those of you who are vegetarian or vegan can continue being so (no judgement from me) since we are all grown ups who make our own choices?

Just a thought....

Now that is far too reasonable!! :tongue:
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I eat meat because I LIKE IT! Nothing like a bloody, rare steak that's barely shown the flame of a hot, sizzling grill, IMO. I don't understand why anyone should justify why they eat what they do. Eat what you want and leave others to do the same in peace. :ohwell:
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    There has never been a good argument presented to me why someone would want to eat a dead animal

I'm certainly not going to eat a live animal.

Though the eating of live animals is pretty much part and parcel of nature and the way things go in the wild. Bears and lions and sharks don't carefully and painlessly euthanize their prey, they simply bite the heck out of it till it stops moving, then dinner time! Same with all predators, all the way down to the itsy-bitsy spider (oh, being dissolved from the inside by the venom, how lovely for the fly).
  • ClaSSiE86
    ClaSSiE86 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

Hate to break it to you... but plants are living things too!

Oh good lord.....this is the best you can do?

^^ Is THIS the best YOU can do?
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

First, pick a tomato. Then, run down a wild boar, wrestle it to the ground, and fight it to the death. Now, let's compare those two experiences.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

*le sigh*

Goooood comeback!!
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

First, pick a tomato. Then, run down a wild boar, wrestle it to the ground, and fight it to the death. Now, let's compare those two experiences.

So you would prefer to feed on the reproductive organs of a helpless plant rather than allow a creature to fight or its life?
  • yogsvr4
    yogsvr4 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Why? Because it tastes good!

Hunt it, kill it. Raise it, kill it. In either case, get that carcass cleaned, carved and on the grill! :happy:
  • ClaSSiE86
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

Just because a tomato is easier to pick and eat vs hunting a wild boar, does not stop a tomato from having to grow and hence have been "living" :)
  • ClaSSiE86
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

*le sigh*

Goooood comeback!!

Right back atcha, sweetie!
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Who knows why we started eating the things we eat? I love meat and feel better when I eat it than when I don't. I keep chickens and eat a lot of eggs but I have often wondered who initially decided to eat them. Why would you think to eat that thing that just came out of a chickens butt!? lol But they sure taste good!
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    A dingo ate my baby.

I figure it's only fair.
  • _VoV
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

Just because a tomato is easier to pick and eat vs hunting a wild boar, does not stop a tomato from having to grow and hence have been "living" :)

Try looking up the word 'sentience.'
  • _VoV
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

So you would prefer to feed on the reproductive organs of a helpless plant rather than allow a creature to fight or its life?

Are you deliberately trying not to understand my point?
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of food? hmmm?

and again technically that makes you food too doesn't it? Hmmmm? You can jump on that spit as well, I am sure you would be just delish with some BBQ sauce and Malt Vinegar, topped with some coleslaw on a healthy whole wheat bun.

Umm, yes - technically...we are food too....

Luckily we have a pretty large brain and opposable thumbs to help us get to the top of the food chain...otherwise, we'd be in the wild trying to run away from our predators too...

wow.... you really love......your ellipses .............to emphasize..........................................................................things :)
    I hope you don't go hiking much or you might just find yourself in that situation or a zombie apocalypse, your large brain and thumbs won't help you much.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

Are you deliberately trying to evade the point that plants are living things as well? So it is no less humane to kill an animal than harvest plants.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    You should ask the Lion why it eats other animals or better yet, why it eats its own kind. I have so much respect for animals but I was made to eat meat. Lucky for you, your ancestors pretty much had their fill of wild game to satiate the need of their growing brain. The sad part about it is that THEY sacrificed their lives to hunt wild animals for you, but you squandered all that brain power by posting a stupid question on a fitness board.

Why do you eat plants? I have a newsflash for you. Once you harvest the plant, IT IS DEAD.

Chicken breast. I will perish not being able to eat fish. Gimmmmmmmmmmmmme!
  • _VoV
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

Are you deliberately trying to evade the point that plants are living things as well? So it is no less humane to kill an animal than harvest plants.

You forget that it takes at least 2 pounds of plant food to create a single pound of meat (some estimates are much higher). Therefore, if your heart bleeds for plants, you are causing double the 'pain' due to your food choice. But truly, I doubt if you would put the 'suffering' of plants on the order you do of animals, that you aren't being at all serious. I cut my teeth on this argument as a young vegetarian 40 years ago, so you aren't being as original as you may think you are being.

Link: http://www.extension.org/pages/35850/on-average-how-many-pounds-of-corn-make-one-pound-of-beef-assuming-an-all-grain-diet-from-backgroundi
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Dear Vegetarians:

*le sigh*

Goooood comeback!!

Right back atcha, sweetie!

JY.gif

tumblr_kz0zm13TVG1qzc8rmo1_250.gif