You can't be Barbie

Options
124»

Replies

• ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    This description sounds an awful lot like Rhianna or Tyra Banks.. at least the forehead part

That's what I was thinking! :happy:
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    WHO GIVES A CRAP!

It's a doll.
  • ClamplOveGLC
    Options
    Barbie's waist is also too small to support her upper body that she'd snap in half.
  • kittyfrost
    kittyfrost Posts: 54
    Options
    It would be kinda hard to make a kid's doll that would replicate the proper human body, wouldn't it? I used to have one as a child and can honestly say I never really thought about looking like her, haha.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I wanted to look like Xena the Warrior Princess....

xena.jpg

I thought she was a BAMF.

Why is that even a stereo type??? Girls want to look like Barbie? I didn't know any girls that idolized her..
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It never occurred to me to try and look like her...but omg..The cars! The pets! The CLOTHES! She had EVERYTHING :)
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    great post..

i have to say this is one of the many many reasons i'm glad i grew up as a little black girl in the 70's.. 90% of these impossible body image issues (ie trying to look like a doll, trying to look like the models in a magazine, etc) were never really an issue or a thought for me or my black friends because we were never under the illusion we could ever look like barbie. barbie was simply a toy like a leggo that i might like to play with but i'm never thinking "gee i want to look like that"

I had a Black Barbie (TM), and I grew up in the '70s. My community was all about the butt, which is why Barbie never stood a chance with me. I just wanted to look like my mom. SCORE!
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I always related better to Skipper.

Me too! Skipper was her more tomboy-ish kid sister right?
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    what about the short lived "momy" barbie, you know the one that you could pry opens tummie and remove the baby??

barbie.jpg

Now that is just wrong!! :laugh:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    When I was kid, I was obsessed with being the Pink Power Ranger.. She kicked major alien booty back in the day!

Barbie was fine, but mine we're always naked.. no matter what.
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I wanted to look like Xena the Warrior Princess....

xena.jpg

I thought she was a BAMF.

Why is that even a stereo type??? Girls want to look like Barbie? I didn't know any girls that idolized her..

She came out when I was a grown-up...but I agree completely!! I have a girl-crush on Xena!!
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    The heck I can't! Just step back and watch me spin!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    As you can tell by my user name i'm a HUGE barbie fan,always have been..when i was little,my mom to me looked JUST like barbie,my twin sister & i would even call her barbie..barbies took up most of my child hood..I cant tell you how many times people have called me barbie & was even nicknamed barbie in beauty school and i take it as a huge compliment,i know you cant actually look like her due to her unrealistic proportions but u can resemble her..heres a makeup look i did based off of barbie..this was back in Feb before i lost 15lbs..but i'm proud at how much i got my makeup to resemble hers..and no,you don't have to have plastic surgery to look like her..the only plastic surgery i've had are my boobs,which i need cause after kids they were deflated balloons :laugh:

barbie3.png

Yeah you do look like her!!
    I always wanted to look like Wonder Woman..hummm