How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Once a week? Everyday? How often do you step on the scale?

Replies

• tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Everyday, lets me know what I need to change up
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Every single day. Even though sometimes the phantom water weight has me screaming at the scale in frustration, it's easier to keep a grip on my eating habits if I face the scale every morning.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I looked this up and weighing every day is the best way as you can get a weekly average from it, and thats what you use,which is what i do.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself every day recently.

I had a plateau for a month and a half and now the weight is melting off very quickly, it's quite surprising actually because it's going faster than I was used to. I have been losing 1-2kg a week.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I weigh 3-4x a week at the gym. I always wear the same outfit, and eat the same breakfast.

DO I get a little bummed if the scale shows a gain? yep, but I just keep pushing and hope it is a minor setback

Do I get excited when I see a loss? yep. I smile a little bigger, and it gives me the energy to work harder 'cause I can see the pay off.
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    EVERYDAY!!!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Most days .... first thing in the morning .... after coffee .... before my shower ..... exhaling :drinker:
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    every morning when I first wake up before I put on clothes.
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Everyday. Wake up, bathroom, scale....
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    I do it every single day at the same time ( morning before i eat ). If i forget, i won't weigh myself that day and just wait the next morning. This helps me to know what i have to change up if i gain weigh.
  • fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Once per month - I am a scale addict and I let that number, good or bad affect how I view my day. Sad I know, but when I weigh in, I KNOW there will be a great and motivating loss. My clothes have gotten drastically loose, and my butt and hips are getting smaller! YAY!

I will weigh on July 1 after starting MFP the last day of May. I KNOW based on the way I feel, I've probably lost close to15 lbs.

Looking forward to that weigh in for sure.
  • PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I weigh in daily. Any time I stray from my proper eating habits I can almost always seem an immediate result and it motivates me to not continue eating bad things!
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Every day, but Sundays are official weigh-in days
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Everyday, only log losses.
  • tstokes65
    tstokes65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    at least 5 days a week, before before breakfast with the same outfit.
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Most days .... first thing in the morning .... after coffee .... before my shower ..... exhaling :drinker:

Exhaling! That's what I've been forgetting to do. I'm going to try that tomorrow. Darn air weight! :laugh:
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    once a month or not at all. Tired of being a slave to the scale. I use my measuring tape and clothes as a guideline.
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Everyday - usually first thing in the morning and last thing at night, but I only record the Sunday morning weight - I find it interesting to see how much it goes up and down.
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Everyday, only log losses.
  • Kelleinna
    Kelleinna Posts: 160
    Options
    Every day, first thing in the morning. I keep in mind that some fluctuations are normal, and I only log it when I hit a new low. So if I haven't logged any of those in a while, I know I might be in trouble.