Do you "check in" when your weight goes up?

Options
I have been plateauing for a while.......and the scale has gone up and down a little...................and I hate it! I decided NOT to weigh more than once a week, because it's depressing me.

So.............question for ya'll..........DO YOU note your weight GAINS in MFP? Or just your losses.

Me? JUST the losses.................

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Just the losses. Not losing is demotivating enough without recording gains that'll probably go away in little while anyway.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Not the gains because my weight fluctuates frequently. To play it safe I only record the weight at the beginning and end of the month. I weigh myself atleast one a day to help keep grounded.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Just the losses. Not losing is demotivating enough without recording gains that'll probably go away in little while anyway.
    \

Yeah, ain't that the truth!
  • morgynsmama
    Options
    I really messed up this last couple weeks. So I was up about ten pounds!! So I had to be true to myself and record it. I want to see that weight go away!!
    I guess if it was a pound or two, I never would record it.
  • Sherie13
    Sherie13 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Yes! I weigh in on Wednesdays... And if it goes up I log it. And If it goes down, I log it. It's not about de-motivation or depressing myself... it's about being Honest with myself. Maybe once a week is too often, maybe I should do once every two weeks, but whatever that weight is on Wednesday, I log it. If I don't, I'm just lying to myself.
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    You have to weigh it ALL! I have been doing horribly this week and I logged every fried chicken wing, Reeses Pieces, and Arizona drink. IT has helped me cut down and get grounded with my diet.

No, not talking about logging food.........talking about WEIGHT, and how often you check in ......and do you put down when you gain weight?
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Yes! I weigh in on Wednesdays... And if it goes up I log it. And If it goes down, I log it. It's not about de-motivation or depressing myself... it's about being Honest with myself. Maybe once a week is too often, maybe I should do once every two weeks, but whatever that weight is on Wednesday, I log it. If I don't, I'm just lying to myself.

I could see that if I weighed myself once a week or less, but I step on the scales every morning, so I see lot of day to day fluctuations that I don't bother recording.
  • juwan24
    juwan24 Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't add every gain, or it'd be an up and down thing daily, but if I'm over for my "official" saturday morning weigh-in, then I enter it everytime
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I do if I stay up for a few weeks. A one off I don't check in though.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I do if I stay up for a few weeks. A one off I don't check in though.

Yeah, ditto.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    not on your life :laugh:

Sorry about your plateau, maybe you can change up some food and/or exercise ????

Best of luck to you !
  • threnners
    threnners Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day, but am going to start recording monthly after this month because there's just way too much fluctuation day to day. I will though continue to track measurements bi-weekly.
  • histwinkletoes
    histwinkletoes Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    No, just the losses.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I just do losses. I tried doing gains and losses once and went temporarily insane.
  • Pollywog39
    Options
    I just do losses. I tried doing gains and losses once and went temporarily insane.

YES, I can relate!!!!

lol..................................................

but I wish those losses would start picking up again :huh: :huh:
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a week... up or down. But that's just me! :smile: You need to do what works for you and helps you stay the course! :flowerforyou:
  • twinmom14ek
    twinmom14ek Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I log my weight once a week based on my Tuesday morning weigh-in. I might hop on the scale at other points througout the week to make sure keeping on track, but that's the only one that gets input. And I post it, regardless of whether I'm up or down from the previous week.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I used to log everything, but now I only log gains if they stick around for more than a few days. I hate the chart looking like a zigzag.
  • Tann33
    Tann33 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I only log my weight loss MFP but I have a calendar that I log my daily wieght; whether I gain or lose.
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I usually don't because usually within the next week it will come off, even when I lose I wait for couple days before I record it.