Do you "check in" when your weight goes up?

Options

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I log in my gains and my losses, i just gained 4 pounds and took complete responsibility for it. This site is all about accountability, and my whole life if i gained a pound here or there i blamed it on water, or period time.....then realized i made an extra 35 pounds of excuses from where i was to start with......so i feel by logging the gain, you will work harder to log a loss
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yes! I weigh in on Wednesdays... And if it goes up I log it. And If it goes down, I log it. It's not about de-motivation or depressing myself... it's about being Honest with myself. Maybe once a week is too often, maybe I should do once every two weeks, but whatever that weight is on Wednesday, I log it. If I don't, I'm just lying to myself.

This is probably what I would have said verbatim but you did it for me! Even down to weighing in on Wednesdays.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    I have been plateauing for a while.......and the scale has gone up and down a little...................and I hate it! I decided NOT to weigh more than once a week, because it's depressing me.

So.............question for ya'll..........DO YOU note your weight GAINS in MFP? Or just your losses.

Me? JUST the losses.................

I check in both my losses and gains. It helps motivate me more if i see a sudden kink up in the lbs and then suddenly back down again :)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    No, only when it goes down.
    I am not into tracking failure but success, and if I was set back a week or so, who cares?
    At the end of the journey, I reached my goals.
    It took me 2 years to lose 72 lbs. I have maintained for 4 months and am ready to lose another 30, and I only track progress.
    All Is Possible!
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I log anything more than a 5 pound fluctuation.
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    If it were up for a while yes but if it were up for like a few days for TOM, no.
  • twistofcain
    twistofcain Posts: 190
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but only update my weight at the first of the month. Whatever shows up loss or gain at the first of the month I log; keeps me honest and pushes me to work harder.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If I know it's not just water weight (like from a day with excess sodium, or TOM, etc.) I record the gains.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    I only check in when my weight is a prime number or divisible by 3.
  • fitnhealthykaren
    Options
    I only log losses; so I might go two to three weeks without a check in, but not "getting to check in" reminds me I need to work!
  • TonyStark30
    TonyStark30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I didn't used to at first, now I do as it is good to know how long it took you to get back down and how you did it, now I don't worry about gains I know what to do.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i log gains and loses its part of the game
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily and log it regardless. If you can't be honest with yourself, who CAN you be honest with?
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every tuesday at the gym before hydro-pilates, and I log that weight, whether its a loss or gain
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    If you go to "Weigh In" (on the website), it has an option "View Previous Entries". You can literally see the trend. I like that. I log every week (Friday) so I can look back and go "Hrm...... yep, those two whole chickens stuffed with french fries definitely did me in..."

Might be up a little this week, but considering I ate horribly and drank a kiddie pool's worth last weekend, I think I'll put on my big girl panties and accept it. :indifferent:
  • octosilver
    octosilver Posts: 23
    Options
    I do
  • TaintedVampyre
    TaintedVampyre Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    I do not. Only because I feel like I'm failing myself if I see the number go up. My Wii is already telling me how much I've gained from the last check-in, no point embarrassing myself here too lol
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    I check in every day, but if there is a slight gain, I just re-enter the last weight. We all have those fluctuations and usually it's some sort of water retention. Unless the scale jumps up a lot, I don't record every one of those incidents.
  • liannadear
    liannadear Posts: 12
    Options
    Yes! It helps to see my progress throughout time. However, I only weigh-in once a week, in the middle of the week, so that I can get an accurate weight. Not during the weekend when I usually go out and eat and not before the weekend when I've been eating healthy for 5 days. Right in the middle :)
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh in every morning regardless of what it says. It goes up and down but the trend is what matters. If you run the reports and look at 30 days worth of weigh in stats you get a clear picture of what's happening.