Do you "check in" when your weight goes up?

Options

Replies

• monyango
    monyango Posts: 166
    Options
    I weigh myself multiple times a day (I have a problem...I know). So I only count the one on Monday morning and record it whether it is up or down from the previous week.
  • Rjdj3530
    Rjdj3530 Posts: 154
    Options
    I record whatever the scale says each day whether it be a gain or loss.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Sure do..
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday I hop on the scale if I am at home (vacation and such) whatever it says is what I put as my check in. some days are better than others but I always log it.
  • hollyseden
    hollyseden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I suppose it does make sense to log both losses and gains. Hopefully when I get used to this I will record more losses than gains. I am a new recruit but hope to stick with this.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I do if it appears to be more than just a fluctuation. I need to be honest with myself.
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    the ones that record only losses miss out on the great filling,
    when you slipped and gained and worked to get back on track.
    The feeling is great!
  • hollyseden
    hollyseden Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree too!
  • ambeer2
    ambeer2 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I didn't record the temporary gains when I was losing weight, but now that I've been in maintenance for 2+ months, I just record it once a week when I weigh myself. It takes two seconds, but it doesn't change anything. Just habit. I only fluctuate in the same 2-3 pound range.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yup :) gains, losses, everything! I log friday's only though- go to the chemist for a more accurate reading :)
  • kadins_momma07
    kadins_momma07 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the responses......good to know I'm not alone.

For those who said they record gains as well as losses, because they don't want to "lie" to themselves, I guess I don't see it that way. I KNOW I've gained, I am being honest with ME..........I just don't have to tell the world that, imho.

It's much more motivating to me to see that I've lost 23 lbs, and if I go up a lb or two, I just keep working to get BACK DOWN to that...........and sooner or later, the scale will move again, and it'll be even less than 23 :blushing: :blushing:

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, my friends. YOU are awesome! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I'm a little confused. You have a ticker to show everyone how much you have lost. You want everyone to see that but at the same time say you are being honest with yourself even though you don't record your gains on here for everyone to see, so in essence it isn't about you being truthful to everyone but just yourself??? Why not record it for everyone? It's part of your weight loss journey? You are in here for encouragement right? How can people encourage you if you aren't honest with them? I'm just curious.

I log once a week whether it is a gain or loss. To be honest with myself and my friends, that way even if I am eating right and working my butt off they can give insight as to what I'm doing wrong.....

Walkwithme...very well said!! I totally agree with you :)
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    One or two day up I usually don't record, but if it lasts longer - I do. I'm annoyed at my ticker at the moment though as it has gone up couple of pounds!
  • HeatherNoyes
    HeatherNoyes Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I weigh every Friday. If Friday comes around and it's a gain, I record it. Gotta keep it real.
  • FrugalMomsRock75
    FrugalMomsRock75 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I record it--win, lose, or draw... OK. not a draw. But I record gains and losses. If I don't record a gain, I'm not being accountable to myself... I only record on my Friday weigh days though, even though I weigh daily or almost daily.
  • Welsh_Rarebit
    Welsh_Rarebit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I used to not record gains, but this only led to more gains and eventually I was off the diet and eventually just started again from a new high.

Now I record loss or gain and if its a gain the chances are the next time it will be a loss.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Both for me... I prefer to keep myself honest, and I even update it weekly on my profile page (then condense it down to monthly at the end of each month for the sake of saving space.)
  • BLillard68
    BLillard68 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I record what ever the scale says, whether I have lost or gained. It is easier to keep track of it and if you don't record the gains, then what you have lost isn't accurate. It does get frustrating to see the gains but you have to work thorough it and work it back off.
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes I do .
  • Neahpata
    Neahpata Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I log my weight no matter what because I want to keep track of the overall trend. If my weight increases, I want to see the exercise food logs so that I can track weak spots in my lifestyle. Tracking everything the last time has helped me avoid pitfalls and be more successful with living healthy this time.