is it easiert the first time you break up when it

Options
13»

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    The blindside is much harder. I've done the repeated 'second chance, third chance' bull****, and it hurts less, because you're able to adjust, think, analyze and figure things out better once the emotions calm down.
  • Kitten2629
    Kitten2629 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    The second. I would be less emotionally involved and more closed off.
  • BeachBobbie
    Options
    well, drinking doesn't solve the problem, regardless.

Why would you say something like that? You might want to think before you put something so rude up! A person asking for help and heart breaking??? This is how you treat your fellow sister? Get off the boards if you can't be nice. No-one wants a miss b* 's opinion when they are reaching out for help!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options

Then you are doing it wrong.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You know, I think what you are really asking is "Is it worth it to try again?"

My answer to that is going to be 'no' if you feel like it is already doomed to begin with which is what I think I gathered from your OP. If you know it is not going to work out, then don't try to make it work just to spite yourself. I've done that before and ended up with a lifetime of bitterness, frustration, and pain. It's not worth it.
  • foodfight247
    foodfight247 Posts: 767 Member
    Options

Then you are doing it wrong.

I had to chuckle at this....in the early days when I first met my now ex, he was supposed to meet me at this club I went to regularly. Long story short - he didn't show and we ended up breaking up. I got rat arsed and broke a few bottles (I know - I was young and niave back then). Felt really good though.

Snw - noticed you've posted in other forums - your're great. You'll be fine with some time to heal. Easier said than done - I know. Seriously, hold your head up, don't look back, and spend all your time on you for a while.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Its never easy.:ohwell:
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Right, and as cruel as this is going to sound....
    WARNING! I am about to offend somebody....
    the one in any relationship who cares the least is the one who gets to call the shots.
    Welcome to the human race.
    No, it's never easy....:ohwell:
  • rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    the one in any relationship who cares the least is the one who gets to call the shots.

Had to stop and think about this.

Makes sense.

+1
  • snw_
    snw_ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    the best part of the beginning of this thread was just really asking... but i had just changed out the plastic cover thingy on my phone and the screen wasn't responding normally the cursor kept skipping around - and i didn't notice until i hit submit. so i kept trying to fix the typos when ppl already started to respond and i just gave up on trying to read the damned thread since i couldn't respond. i came back to look at the responses today and seriously confused on the drinking comments. that's funny.
  • BeachBobbie
    Options
    Right, and as cruel as this is going to sound....
    WARNING! I am about to offend somebody....
    Welcome to the human race.
    No, it's never easy....:ohwell:

yep...agreed
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Interesting topic of timing...I just got dumped last night.

I truly believe that this depends on the connection you feel there is between the 2 of you. No matter how in control of your emotions you may be, if you feel it is strong, it's going to sting like motherfuker. And if not, you allow the :eh, your loss you POS" anger out to dull it.