Average human weighs 137lb - world's fattest countries

Options

Replies

• Tara1B
    Tara1B Posts: 78
    Options
    I'm below the average for every country but I am only 5 ft tall (nearly!)
  • Copperycat
    Copperycat Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I "hit" Indonesia this morning!
  • MissMormie
    MissMormie Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I'm missing the comparison with average height. If bangladesh has the smallest people on average it makes sense they're at the low end of the scale.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Its all so average, and I agree height plays huge faction in weight, so does your sex, at any rate, I'm not heavier than any adult in 177 countries, and am lighter than the average Bangladeshian adult.
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    Options
    I'm the same as the average South African. Probably stronger than a few of them though.

An bloke who does regular weight training is around 180+ pounds and that now means he's FAT according to this ridiculous thing. I'm mean seriously, there's fat people and there's strong people who weight around the same. Now everyone who weighs a bit is stereotyped as fat.

Plus height has a bit to do with it...you can be 5 foot and 130 pounds but I'd imagine most people wouldn't look slim at that heigh but it's below their "you're fat" weight.

Okay, okay, chill! It's a bit of light entertainment for us, it's not The Fit Bible! :flowerforyou:

I was just saying...
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    I'm missing the comparison with average height. If bangladesh has the smallest people on average it makes sense they're at the low end of the scale.

I was looking for this too. A male / female split would be good also.

My result:

You're lighter than the average adult in 0 countries

Well, now I just need an average for the weight of female elephants who are 35 years old, stand at 5'9", and I'll fit in somewhere!
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I can't see the graph on my phone but I'm 60kg, can someone tell me my result?!!!! Also does it show where Australia is at in the list?

Edited to convert that's 132 lol
  • iSpuggz
    iSpuggz Posts: 39
    Options
    I can't see the graph on my phone but I'm 60kg, can someone tell me my result?!!!! Also does it show where Australia is at in the list?

You're inbetween Yemen and Mali. Lighter than 130 countries, heavier than 47.

Australia is the sixth fattest country on average.
  • brewface811
    brewface811 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm between North Korea and India
  • Sockimobi
    Sockimobi Posts: 541
    Options
    America the FAT!
    We are a nation of fatties...lol I use the word "fat." F.A.T.
    F is for "Fatal"
    A is for "Awful"
    T is for "Terrible"
    I use that word because that's what people are: they're fat. They're not bulky; they're not large, chunky, hefty or plump. And they're not big-boned. Dinosaurs were big-boned. These people are not overweight: this term somehow implies there is some correct weight... There is no correct weight. Heavy is also a misleading term. An aircraft carrier is heavy; it's not fat.
    Only people are fat, and that's what fat people are!
    They're fat!

:sad:

He called me fat :cry:

But I saw a dog once that was really fat (182lb of can't lick his own bum fat). He wasn't a people :(
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Well I'm pretty happy with around 47th then since aus is 6th (that's so bad :o )
  • monipie
    monipie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    i am between cambodia and zambia. however, i am from the micronesian islands and we made #1 wtf?! LOL! i was a fat kid. what can i say, island life is good and people there don't mind being overweight. if i went back my family would try to fatten me up! haha!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Australia and Malta.... :grumble:
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Well, I suppose being average is okay.....

bump for later to check the interactive.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Between Comoros and Haiti here. Not so bad.
  • beansprouts
    beansprouts Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    America the FAT!
    We are a nation of fatties...lol I use the word "fat." F.A.T.
    F is for "Fatal"
    A is for "Awful"
    T is for "Terrible"
    I use that word because that's what people are: they're fat. They're not bulky; they're not large, chunky, hefty or plump. And they're not big-boned. Dinosaurs were big-boned. These people are not overweight: this term somehow implies there is some correct weight... There is no correct weight. Heavy is also a misleading term. An aircraft carrier is heavy; it's not fat.
    Only people are fat, and that's what fat people are!
    They're fat!

:sad:

He called me fat :cry:

But I saw a dog once that was really fat (182lb of can't lick his own bum fat). He wasn't a people :(

There...There...Stop crying about all the fat American name calling!...Let's just man up and lose some pounds!...Personally, I think it's a real blessing that most of us are still able to lick our own buns!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    You are lighter than the average adult in Bangladesh
    You're lighter than the average adult in 177 countries
    You're heavier than the average adult in 0 countries
  • tcm118
    tcm118 Posts: 54
    Options
    You are roughly the same weight as the average adult in Finland.

You're lighter than the average adult in 26 countries.
    You're heavier than the average adult in 151 countries.

It's certainly an improvement from where I started!
  • Sarahbara76
    Sarahbara76 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I weigh 137 exactly I am so average :-P
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't really think this is accurate.... I mean surely asia have less tall people than say USA and UK?
    Tall people are generally going to weigh more... even if they are perfectly healthy, and petite people are generally goint to weigh less even if they are not the healthiest.