Options

Replies

• SeekingKarma
    SeekingKarma Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Luxembourg ME Libya
  • aspen_matthews
    Options
    This is interesting but would be more interesting and provide better information if it was based on BMI and not weight.
  • Jaulen
    Jaulen Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Really? They're not going to make ANY distinction between males and females...??

One of many flaws from this "study".

I would like to see it adjusted for poverty. In countries where the average daily income is less than $2 I would expect them to weigh less, and not in an enviable way.

^^ This is what I was thinking.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Americans are also taller than many of the countries which scored lower, so this study is absolute garbage. Even my own doctor says I could never safely get below 170 or so lbs.
  • anglhart
    anglhart Posts: 5
    Options
    GREAT JOB AT LOSING SO MUCH WEIGHT! HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU TO GET TO YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT AND WHAT'S YOUR SECRET?:smile:
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    WOW.... I AM THE BIGGEST. AFTER LOSING ALL THIS WEIGHT I'M STILL HUGE? NO THANKS SCIENCE. I WILL TRUST MYSELF ON THIS ONE :)
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    OMG... that's not the kind of downer I needed on a Friday. Do I laugh or cry? lol...it's motivation...
    You are heavier than the average adult in Micronesia
    You're lighter than the average adult in 0 countries You're heavier than the average adult in 177 countries
  • kateshape
    kateshape Posts: 25
    Options
    between Ghana and Gabon
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    Yeah, what percentage of those weights are unhealthy though? I'd say anything under 55kg is definitely under-nourished!
  • lcantrell13
    lcantrell13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am in line with Libya...
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Shoot...I am at 137 exactly (was up to 175-180 years ago). I would LOVE to at least get down to 130 but maybe that is still fat based on this survey??? Actually, I would love to get to 125 but worried I will have no boobs left at all by the time I got to that..haha :laugh:
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    My weight falls between Samoa and Kuwait :blushing:

Don't be too embarrassed. When I started I was 50% heavier than the average person in Micronesia (#1 on the list). I'm still 25% heavier. SW 297lbs, CW 250lbs. Crap! Now I'm embarrassed! :blushing:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    WOW.... I AM THE BIGGEST. AFTER LOSING ALL THIS WEIGHT I'M STILL HUGE? NO THANKS SCIENCE. I WILL TRUST MYSELF ON THIS ONE :)

Good idea!!!! You have done, and ARE doing awesome, incredible, amazing!!!
  • Cindy311
    Cindy311 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Before:
    I was lighter than none and heavier than the average adult in 177 countries.

After:
    I'm an average adult in Morocco.
    Lighter than the average adult in 109 countries.
    Heavier than the average adult in 68 countries.

Yeah, eating right and exercising was totally worth it!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Yeah, what percentage of those weights are unhealthy though? I'd say anything under 55kg is definitely under-nourished!

I know. That's what I was thinking. If the average worldwide is only 137lbs, there must be FAR more people who are undernourished than overweight in order to bring the average down that low.
  • 2knoxs
    2knoxs Posts: 81
    Options
    Fun, but will not base anything on it asI still need to lose weight since Im only 4'11"

"You are roughly the same weight as the average adult in Malaysia

You're lighter than the average adult in 125 countries

You're heavier than the average adult in 52 countries"
  • vyanadevi
    vyanadevi Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am between Brazil and Kazakhstan
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    The study isn't about healthy weight for specific genders, heights and builds, it's actually about food security, where the average weight of an adult indicates overall energy requirement. The media merely tagged the obesity angle on because of the league table.

http://www.lshtm.ac.uk/pressoffice/press_releases/2012/tacking_population_weight_crucial_for_food_security.html
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Between Jamaica and Italy.
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm BARELY under the US average. Without the genders, heights, and builds, though, it's almost pointless to release the study…unless, of course, the study was simply meant to further the insecurities of people who are self-conscious about their weight. There's way too much emphasis on the number on the scale, alone, these days.