What foods for you aren't worth the calories

Options
We are going for a sunday drive this weekend and we usually go to Joes Crab shack- 2 hours away- the pot I usually get is over 1200 calories and eating half is not an option- So I don't think I will spend my calories there

And Moes is my favorite- my dish there is over 1400- so have not had moes in months- I know myself I would eat it all- and I am choosing to spend my cals in better ways

Replies

• stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    - bread basket and butter
    - any extra butter they put on your seafood
    - the small potatoes in the crab boil
    - the crap dip
    - booze - i'd rather eat the calories
    - if you're having any desert with whipped cream, the whipped cream
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I see you are in Lewes. Are you talking about the Joe's Crab Shack in Wilmington, on the Riverfront?
  • maybebaby40
    Options
    I see you are in Lewes. Are you talking about the Joe's Crab Shack in Wilmington, on the Riverfront?

oh yes I am- I try to get there once or twice a year- and am also making my first trip to trader joes
  • Rilke
    Options

oh yes I am- I try to get there once or twice a year- and am also making my first trip to trader joes

Have you tried any other Wilmington restaurants? There are much better -- and by better I mean both healthier and tastier -- options than the Crab Shack.

Trader Joe's is a wonderful wonderful place. I can send you a list of must-tries if you want :)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Sugary drinks and full fat dairy are never worth it to me. Sugary high carb desserts and fatty meats usually aren't, though I do have them on occasions.
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Diet pepsi and diet coke, it's not the calories, it's knowing my mood will crash within an hour and I will be really cranky. I'd rather eat foods I know will make me feel good:)
  • sherry9300
    sherry9300 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Sugary soda and fried anything.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Tonic, pasta, most deserts
  • klynn08
    klynn08 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    big juicy cheese burgers, Loaded mashed potato, Breakfast sandwiches with bacon.......
  • tweakz20
    tweakz20 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian so options are already limited
    - Donuts
    - Ice cream
    - (not totally cut out but mostly) Alcohol
    - Fried things
    - Most dairy with the exception of light yogurt and low-cal egg beaters
    - Soda
    - Pastries
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Low quality chocolate (give me some See's! :tongue:)
    Fake butter
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Most Noticable... . MILK... even 1%- i switched to silk almond milk for 60cals per cup...never drink regular milk any more.
    others depend on my mood.. sometimes i have salad with tangy tomato dressing at outback, sometimes the coconut shrimp...
  • maybebaby40
    Options

Have you tried any other Wilmington restaurants? There are much better -- and by better I mean both healthier and tastier -- options than the Crab Shack.

Trader Joe's is a wonderful wonderful place. I can send you a list of must-tries if you want :)

would love that I did a search of the boards and have a list of look at the calories and see-items
  • curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    The Olive Garden.....chicken parmesan, salad, dressings, breadsticks...ugh I could go on and on....
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Grains, in most cases. I still make room for cookies occasionally but usually I put veggies over grains now.
  • sarah3333
    sarah3333 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    -peanut butter
    -nuts
    -granola
    -avocado
    -sushi
    -pasta
    -rice
    -dried fruit

love them all and I know some are healthy I just can't bring myself to spend that many calories for such a small amount of food. Keep in mind that I'm a 5 foot tall girl, and I don't have a lot of wiggle room.
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    bagel and cream cheese not at over 500 cals
    starbucks. oh i know they have healthier lower cals options but i want my venti caramel frapp with 3 add shots and all that darn whipped cream. ..... so i just haven't been in months upon months.
  • Rilke
    Options
    -peanut butter
    -nuts
    -granola
    -avocado
    -sushi
    -pasta
    -rice
    -dried fruit

love them all and I know some are healthy I just can't bring myself to spend that many calories for such a small amount of food. Keep in mind that I'm a 5 foot tall girl, and I don't have a lot of wiggle room.

Nuts, really? I think the benefits outweigh the caloric load there if eaten within reason. You get plenty of almonds or pistachios for 200 calories.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    bought pie dough and made a homemade chicken pot pie with rice and a few veggies thought it would be healthy...1 slice came out 1,700 on my caloried diary !! Won't be doing that anytime again soon (But I savored every bite)
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Alcohol for me. I can take it or leave it and don't miss it at all so I've just stopped bothering except on special occasions.