What foods for you aren't worth the calories

Options

Replies

• bzgl40
    bzgl40 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Store bought cookies and cake (even if they are made at the "bakery"). Homemade all the way for me. I am generally really disappointed with the taste of anything store bought and feel like I have wasted my calories.

Milk chocolate or low quality chocolate in general. If I have poor quality chocolate I finish it and want more. If I eat a nice piece of high quality dark chocolate I am satisfied for the day and don't feel the need to keep going back for more.
  • xoxosarinaxoxo
    xoxosarinaxoxo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    1.packeged cookies
    2. bread
    3. caramel
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    And for myself, sodas or teas with calories are not worth it to me. The only tea I will usually drink with calories is Honest Tea and that's only when I go to a particular restaurant that sells them.
  • RilantheFirebug
    RilantheFirebug Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Regular icecream -- I'd much rather have frozen yogurt.
  • seamadden
    seamadden Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    butter on sandwiches, full fat milk, cheese, yogurt, mayo etc
    the difference in taste is hardly noticeable but the difference in calories definitely is!

most salad dressings, you can get fat free vinaigrettes 7 cals for a tablespoon that taste even better
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Most any pasta (except the kind I make myself with avocado "cream" sauce). Esp the stuff at olive garden. There is a ton of cheese and butter and then they serve you bread on the side... yikes!

Also, most fried food. Esp fried chicken. Even before I was eating "healthier" it made my tummy hurt.

I have to disagree with those who don't like wasting their cals on alcohol. I only drink once a week, but I love having me a good stout or glass of wine. :)
  • dperich1968
    dperich1968 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Alfredo Sauce - I make a killer alfredo sauce. Still make it when requested but I could almost drink that stuff. mmmmmm

Quality ice cream, used to have ice cream almost everyday and I know rarely eat it.
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    -peanut butter
    -nuts
    -granola
    -avocado
    -sushi
    -pasta
    -rice
    -dried fruit

love them all and I know some are healthy I just can't bring myself to spend that many calories for such a small amount of food. Keep in mind that I'm a 5 foot tall girl, and I don't have a lot of wiggle room.

Nuts, really? I think the benefits outweigh the caloric load there if eaten within reason. You get plenty of almonds or pistachios for 200 calories.

100% agree! Nuts are so beneficial! And avocados to. Eat nuts everyday (never used to) and I feel stronger and healthier than ever.
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    this might sound crazy to some, but pasta/rice/quinoa are like empty calories to me. I eat a pasta dish and I'm hungry again after 30mins. Same goes for rice and quinoa. I don't know why that is, but I don't even eat those anymore. I occasionally have some quinoa tho if I'm low on carbs.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan so that already eliminates a lot of unhealthy things. But...

- fatty salad dressings
    - pasta
    - cake
    - anything fried
    - big flour tortillas like they use at Chipotle
    - sweetened coffee drinks
    - potato chips
    - sugary cereal
    - pancakes/waffles
  • Weight_less
    Weight_less Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Soda, juice, alcohol, butter, not whole grain bread, fried potato
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    fred food for the most part.. but I live near New Orleans so I'm used to everything being fried. I'm the weird one at family gatherings not eating anything.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Said before..... the microwave meals. Healthy choice, lean cuisine, etc. Very conveinient for work lunch, but always high in sodium and not that appealing. Would rather eat healthy leftovers....
    Agreed. I actually think a few of them are really tasty, but they never fill me up for long. So why bother?

I love, love, love milkshakes. I really love Chickfila's milkshakes. But somehow, since I found that they're 700+ calories each (for a small!) they don't seem that appealing to me anymore!
  • dvnjustina
    dvnjustina Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Any drinks that aren't unsweetened iced tea or water.
    Full fat milk.
    All restaurants. I have no desire to eat out.
    Yogurt. If I really want some, I'll buy organic. But the 20 odd grams of sugar ain't worth it either.
    Chocolate, most of the time. It's summer, and I don't think I could go without at least one s'more.
  • spdoman7
    spdoman7 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Whole milk and good cheddar cheese...no low fat crap.
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    mine is simple, dill pickles- not many cals but damn that sodium!!!!
  • lynn_marie68d
    Options
    I see you are in Lewes. Are you talking about the Joe's Crab Shack in Wilmington, on the Riverfront?

oh yes I am- I try to get there once or twice a year- and am also making my first trip to trader joes

Have you tried any other Wilmington restaurants? There are much better -- and by better I mean both healthier and tastier -- options than the Crab Shack.

Trader Joe's is a wonderful wonderful place. I can send you a list of must-tries if you want :)

I agree! I'm from New Castle..you should try the firestone roasing house. They have a lot to choose from
  • isweatglitter
    Options
    Soda.
  • soleilxo
    soleilxo Posts: 202
    Options
    juice!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Pasta