Eating out at Olive Garden tonight..HELP

Options
I have a graduation party tonight at the Olive Garden. This place has good taste, but not very good on the calories. Anyone have an advise on what is the healthiest to eat there?

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There is a linguine dish that has around 300 calories... I get that and not eat the whole thing... there is too much for me... let me find the name of it.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Moderation, enjoy your dinner with some moderation.

STFU GTFO
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I honestly wouldn't go.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I had a office party lunch there yesterday...it was tough.

I had the Capellini and it was pretty good. I think I saw the Apricot Chicken was good too. Or you can do the Salad and Soup (check which soups are lowest calorie)...it is the breadsticks that are always my undoing!
  • jpoulsen2
    jpoulsen2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    start by skipping the breadsticks and ordering a lunch portion (they will serve these smaller sizes even at dinner time), then take half of it home and you're golden!
  • Bn331
    Bn331 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Maybe try to mainly fill up on the salad first, then when your entree comes before you even start eating determine how much your going to eat. Once you eat that portion, push your plate away and indulge in some great conversation! Oh and I also try to drink a whole glass of water befote my meals even comes! I eat out a lot and this seems to work for me! Hope I helped:)
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    salad
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I think I am going there tonight by choice, so these suggestions are great!
  • rla331
    rla331 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Linguini alla marinara is 430 calories, and very good! Bread sticks are 150 calories, I believe. I would just skip the salad. :)
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    Ugh, Olive Garden....I stay as far away as I can! LOL, but try the salad, skip the bread sticks and maybe a small dish. Or maybe just eat it and move on with the next meal....all depends on the person. Some people don't have cheat meals, some people have cheat days..... Your choice, but have fun!!
  • kajpen
    kajpen Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I like their Venetian Apricot Chicken... it is only 400 calories. They also have a couple of fish dishes that are relatively healthy: Parmesean crusted Tilapia 590 calories or the Herb Grilled Salmon is 510 calories. You can go on their website and look at the Nutrition Facts page and figure out what to eat ahead of time. That way when you get there, you have a plan :-)
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    For help in the future- I google the name of the place I am eating at and add the word nutrition at the end (example: Olive Garden nutrition) Have a great party tonight! Here is a link that may be helpful:

http://www.olivegarden.com/menu/nutrition/
  • skinnylove912
    skinnylove912 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    limit yourself on breadsticks!!!! They are so tasty but soooo bad for you!
    I usually get the Chicken and Gnocci soup...I believe one bowl is 250 calories.
    I usually eat about 1.5 (its a bottomless bowl) so its like 375 calories but is completely worth it!
  • genuinelyfrans
    Options
    I got the herb grilled salmon, I think that is a pretty healthy choice
  • buckeyegirl0103
    buckeyegirl0103 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I I think I saw the Apricot Chicken was good too.

This is a really good dish and very low in calories. Check the nutrition page- it will tell you the calorie count! You can also get the pasta as whole wheat- that would be healthier! The whole wheat pasta with marinara is also not bad on the calorie count!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Linguini alla marinara is 430 calories, and very good! Bread sticks are 150 calories, I believe. I would just skip the salad. :)

^^^ That's the name of it... Olive Garden was taking too dadgum long to load... and there is A LOT of pasta that comes in that dish. You could easily just eat half of it.
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Tons of sodium and tons of calories. I wouldn't go......
  • LessFatSteph
    Options
    Venetian Apricot Chicken. It is basically grilled chicken, vegetables, and a delicious sauce. Don't stress too much and enjoy your party :)!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Get a work-out in before you go. That way you can eat back your calories and not feel guilty.