Best options at Chipotle?

Options
I'm going to Chipotle tonight for a friend's birthday. Any recommendations on what to eat?

Replies

• kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    There is a nutrition calculator on Chipolte's website. Use it to determine what you'll eat before you go... then you just plug that value into MPF in your food log...
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Salad with chicken, black beans, tomatoes, fajita veggies, and cheese is only 460 calories. That's what I always get.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Thanks, I know I could do that. I was just curious what others eat when they go there. :wink:

Oops meant to quote Kristen above..."There is a nutrition calculator on Chipolte's website. Use it to determine what you'll eat before you go... then you just plug that value into MPF in your food log... "
  • thenessasavitsky
    Options
    The tortilla is quite calorific, so I'd avoid the burrito and go with a burrito bowl instead (same exact thing, without the wrap). Brown rice, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, veggies. I usually go with no cheese or sauce and still find it pretty tasty. If you do want cheese or sauce, get a very minimal amount. Oh, and for meat, carnitas! Hope this helps.
  • veerichie
    veerichie Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    when you walk in they actually have that brown card with the whole menu on it... on the back they have the calorie break down of EVERYTHING! It's really helpful!

Last time I got a salad with lettuce, tomato, chicken, salsa verde and I squeeze lime juice on it. Very yummy and minimal calories! :)
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Get a burrito bowl (no tortilla) and ask them to only give you a little rice. Protein of your choice, beans, veggies, mild salsa, cheese OR sour cream, NOT both.
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    YUMM.
    Bump.
  • veerichie
    Options
    I second what the previous person said about the tortilla. I'm finding that to me, the tortilla and rice aren't worth the precious calories.
  • KristinaMarieOH
    Options
    Salad with chicken, black beans, tomatoes, fajita veggies, and cheese is only 460 calories. That's what I always get.

Do you skip their yummy dressing?
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Double chicken burrito bol with white rice, black beans, hot salsa, tomato salsa, a little cheese, lettuce.

WIN.
  • jquijas
    jquijas Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    The tortilla is quite calorific, so I'd avoid the burrito and go with a burrito bowl instead (same exact thing, without the wrap). Brown rice, tomatoes, lettuce, onions, veggies. I usually go with no cheese or sauce and still find it pretty tasty. If you do want cheese or sauce, get a very minimal amount. Oh, and for meat, carnitas! Hope this helps.

^^This, depending on where you are at calorie wise, I always add guacamole as well and I do the chicken :)
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Definitely get the burrito bowl over the burrito. Their tortillas aren't even that great, and that saves 300 calories right there.

The brown rice is just as tasty as the white.

Don't go nuts with the chips, or the sour cream. I avoid both of those things altogether.

Otherwise, it's largely preference. My choice of meat is always the carnitas -- they are excellent.
  • veerichie
    Options

Do you skip their yummy dressing?

I ALWAYS skip the dressing and just squeeze lime juice all over it.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Double chicken burrito bol with white rice, black beans, hot salsa, tomato salsa, a little cheese, lettuce.

WIN.

^ Macros on that:
    795kcal 60 CHO, 84 PRO, 24fat
  • MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options

WIN.

^ Macros on that:

DOUBLE WIN.
  • willhare
    willhare Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I always get the burrito bowl with chicken, brown rice, pico, and corn salsa. That's it! Then I use the hot sauce to make it a little more interesting. You'd be surprised by how much flavor is in such a simple, light (as far as fast food is concerned) meal.
  • 3boysin20136
    3boysin20136 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I get the salad with no meat - black beans and fajita veggies are more than enough I don't even miss the meat! I also skip the dressing and just get extra salsa, again I don't even miss the dressing . . .
  • heathermurray999
    Options
    Veggie Burrito Bowl. Rice, Beans, Fajita Veggie, any and all salsas they have, lettuce. Under 400 calories! Skip the tacos/burritos because the wraps are high in calories. I skip the meat because I don't really eat meat and it adds calories.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

WIN.

^ Macros on that:

Nice SS thanks
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just picked up lunch there for my colleague yesterday! They now offer brown rice! so get the 'bowl' vs. burrito shell! Get brown rice and load up on veggies and extra lettuce! The chicken is a little salty, but drink ur water today and watch other sodium intake and you'll be good!! happy journey