Best options at Chipotle?

Options

Replies

• Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I used to skip the meat, then I made the mistake of having it once and never went back lol. So I switched from a burrito bol to a salad to keep the calories low.

I get a salad with chicken or carnitas, fajita veggies, tomato salsa and guac, no dressing (the guac makes up for it!). Comes in just under 400 calories. If you can skip the guac (I cannot...), that cuts ~150 calories and you could get the rice :)

Now I want Chipotle...
  • chicago_dad
    chicago_dad Posts: 357
    Options
    chicken bowl, super light brown rice (if any), lots of fajita veggies (you have to ask them about 3 times for more because they're instructed to only give 2 slivers of veggies at a time), three kinds of salsa, some corn, little bit of cheese, and lots of lettuce.
    ~500 calories (I can't remember exactly how many)
  • betsygw
    betsygw Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I always get the corn taco tortilla (only 60 calories) with the pork carnitas, fajita veggies, and a small amount of guacamole. It is 325 calories, and VERY YUMMY! I skip the rice and beans (can't fit much into that little corn tortilla anyway) to make room for more veggies!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Nothing!!! I hate Chipotle:noway:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm....

I big puffy heart Chipotle (especially since it's allergy friendly).

For under 500 calories, you can get a chicken burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, fajita veggies, lettuce, and a scoop of mild, medium, and hot salsa.

Nom nom nom
  • Keegansmum6
    Keegansmum6 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I usually get,brown rice bowl with chicken or pork,black beans lots of veggies,little bit of cheese I forgot what it comes to but it isnt to bad and its FILLING
  • classictoaster
    Options
    bowl, no rice, no beans, grilled veggies and chicken, LOTS of salsa, and a side of guacamole. (:
  • Krissy366
    Krissy366 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I get the veg burrito bowl - no rice. So basically black beans, have them double up the fajita veggies, hot salsa, a little bit of sour cream and cheese. Delicious. I used to get the chips back in the day, but then looked them up and the bag of chips is like 430 calories or something like that.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Chicken Salad -

lettuce (20)
    1/2 black beans (drained) (90)
    chicken (180)
    fajita veggies (20)
    tomato salsa (20)
    corn salsa (80)
    1/2 (or no cheese) 1/2 cheese is about 60 or s0
    Guac (if you like it (180)

The dressing is where they get you - they give you 4 oz, which is 320. If you get dressing, only use 1/4 to 1/2. It's spicy so you don't need a bunch anyway. Sometimes, I just let my guac be the dressing.

**confirm these totals on their website**

Drink water and whatever you do if you need chips, only get the 1 oz. bag - that's about 180 the big bag is 550!!!!
  • Jess0
    Jess0 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do a bowl, white rice (I don't like the texture of brown), chicken or steak, then pico and corn. 463 cals if I get the steak, and it's VERY tasty. I love the rice so much. I don't even miss the sour cream and cheese I used to get.

Sometimes, I'll get just the rice and chicken. Both the rice and the chicken have enough flavor that this can be a really happy meal for me :)
  • shmiracles
    shmiracles Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    i'm mostly vegan, so i leave off the cheese and sour cream.

i get a salad with just black beans, and fajita veggies, and then i get ALL 4 OF THE SALSAS! i love spicy foods haha.
    (305 cals) and it's surprisingly filling.
    and if i'm super hungry i add guacamole. (455 cals)

have a great time at the birthday party!
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I get the chicken salad with black beans.
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I live by the following when I'm craving Chipotle:

Burrito bowl
    1 SMALL scoop of brown rice (about 1/2 cup, no more than 1 cup max)
    1 smallish scoop of steak (3-4oz)
    'A little' bit of sour cream & cheese
    Mild salsa

I'm never afraid to tell them they've put too much of something in the bowl, and they're always more than happy to redo it or take some out if needed. For me, it's about portion control there. As long as they keep the scoops small it's not such a huge hit to the calorie bank (I estimate mine to be around 400 cal).
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love chipolte and I get the burrito bowl with brown rice, fajita vegatables, chicken, mild salsa, cheese, sour cream, and lettuce. And that is only 540 calores and you don't have to skimp on the good stuff. MMMMM most likely going to get it tonite. Enjoy
  • audreygonzy
    audreygonzy Posts: 169
    Options
    I'm a sucker for their guac and rice! They have some awesome options despite the sodium count. It's the one 'fast food' place I will go to (as a treat)! I get the Vegetarian bowl with green salsa, black beans, brown rice, fajita veggies, lettuce, and guac(which is free!) and omit the sour cream and cheese. If you're a meats person I would suggest sticking to chicken!
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I used to get the chicken burrito bol --- Now i get all the same stuff but I get the salad version so its lettuce instead of rice. Also, I now usually pass on the sour cream.
  • ConstableOdo
    ConstableOdo Posts: 104
    Options
    I get sides of each rice, cheese and guac. So I know I have exactly 4 oz of each and I just mix them and eat them. It tastes good and is fairly low cal.
  • juliebeannn
    juliebeannn Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Double chicken burrito bol with white rice, black beans, hot salsa, tomato salsa, a little cheese, lettuce.

WIN.

i get this plus corn salsa and fajita veggies minus the cheese. so delish.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Chipolte, I always get the burrito bowl with seak and eat half!
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I always get a carnitas bowl with rice, black beans, fajita veggies, corn & fresh salsa and cheese. I can usually get 2 meals out of it too