Becoming one of "those" girls

Options

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    So flipping inspiring! Thanks for sharing!!!
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fantastic!!
  • Lovely135
    Lovely135 Posts: 161
    Options
    I wonder the same thing myself. Will I ever become one of those girls? Although I am way bigger, but You give me hope. BTW, I like the white short and black & white tee outfit. You look marvellous in them. Congratsssssssssss.
  • newgrace
    newgrace Posts: 64
    Options
    Wow. You're amazing.
  • brighteyes31143
    Options
    bump
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU so much for sharing......so motivating for all of us on MFP!!!

You look so beautiful now though you still were even then......Keep up the AWESOME work and thanks again!!! :smile: :smile:
  • tracyjoys
    tracyjoys Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. You look fabulous, and certainly have reason to smile in all your pictures! All that commitment produced rockin' results! Way to go!
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    YOU are my motivation now! Where I never got very big I was teetering on the line of target weight and over weight for my height. I had picked up some bad eating habits myself and in the last 2 years or so I have gained 25ish pounds. At first I wasn't overly self conscious about it I was upset because I was having to buy new clothes just so they would fit! Since I have a 35 inch inseam I have to spend around $70+ on my jeans so they're long enough!!

Then I started being around girls who are either constantly goin to the gym (crossfit), or i would go to the gym and granny was liftin better weights than me or running faster. At that point I started gettin discouraged in the fact that I didn't have a gym buddy and had a lack of motivation. There's even a girl I'm around from time to time that makes everything a competition and she's tiny with the perfect body and can eat whatever junk she wants and doesnt gain anything. It got to the point I was gettin self conscious because she would point out to me how great of a body she had and in a round about way putting mine down.

My boyfriend would reassure me that my body was perfect (and he truely thinks so even though I dont) but then I was introduced to MFP. Since then I have lost 12.5 pounds in about 15 weeks. It's coming off slowly and I've still yet to find that gym motivation but I no longer care about what other girls think about me. At this point I know I will get there, it will take time, but I remind myself the girls at crossfit are working for what they have. Granny at the gym had to work to run faster than me and lift more than me. So as long as I keep working I can do it. MFP has helped me realize this!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    So well written! Thanks for sharing your story! The scale has been utterly stuck for me the last few weeks. It's been sooooo frustrating, so it's great to hear it did eventually move for you with persistence. I needed that hope!
  • pangela13
    pangela13 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    you are one of those girls, you look wonderful. I am much older and have always been heavy I to hope someday I may be one of those girls, Keep up the great job,
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Oh you are so much more than "those girls!"

Fantastic work. Keep it going!
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love the 'little black dress' look . WOW, You've worked hard! Congratulations on your success!
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Even in your "before" pics, especially the 2nd one, you are a beautiful young lady, and have a great body. But now, you are certainly "one of those girls." Amazing job!
  • siliisobel
    siliisobel Posts: 49
    Options
    Wow well done, your an inspiration. Congrats to you, you look amazing.
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! I am very flattered :-)
  • CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Do you know how beautiful you are on the inside? You are amazing inside AND out. :flowerforyou: You are amazing and I'm so happy for you.
  • Bobskiframps
    Bobskiframps Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    well done. Very very inspiring. X
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Now THAT'S what it's all about!!! Slow steady and healthy! You have learned a life lesson that you will carry throughout your life and pass on to children (if you have them now or one day) You look great because you are at goal weight yes, but mainly because you look HEALTHY and toned!!!! What a great story.... I'm smiling a big grin for you!!!!
  • NannersBalletLegs
    NannersBalletLegs Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Love this. :)
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    you look freaking amazing and give me hope that I can be one of those girls who look good in anything they put on. Cant wait you have me so inspired...:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!