Becoming one of "those" girls

Options

Replies

• ryall70
    ryall70 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Love your story and pics :)
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    to quote jim carrey... "Sssssshhhhmmmookin!"
  • pam6870
    pam6870 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!
  • dawnp1833
    dawnp1833 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    What a great story. You are definitely one of those girls. I'd be happy to look like your "before" pictures. you are beautiful. Thanks for sharing. great job.
  • ClamplOveGLC
    Options
    OMG. Thank you for that post. I know exactly how you feel, but haven't reached that yet. Thanks for being such a great inspiration!
  • ForeverIrish
    ForeverIrish Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful and inspiring! You look fantastic!
  • 1983em
    1983em Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank for your post, you are a real inspiration and you look amazing :-)
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! What a wonderful story!!
  • marcew44
    marcew44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! you look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G !:tongue:
  • BakeRunLive
    Options
    You are seriously so skinny and toned and tan and PERFECT! I have struggled a lot with an eating disorder, and you are inspiring in a healthy way. :smile:
  • bvanfp
    bvanfp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Well written...and inspirational!
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Wow that cut right off! ...every other day. At least the wt is trickling off!
  • MsAziz
    MsAziz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing, you are on of those girls for me. Honestly though, I <3 your body!
  • Candicegay51
    Candicegay51 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This was very MOTIVATIONAL!!! You look WONDERFUL!! Thanks for sharing :)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    You know.. the girls that you look at and wonder if you'll ever be that in shape.

The girls that you wonder if they stay that way naturally or they really have to work for it.

The girls that you look at and think there is no way you'll ever get down to that size.

The girls that can wear almost anything and still look good in it.

When losing weight, you wonder what it would be like not to have to worry about sucking in anymore, but think its impossible to achieve. You wonder what it would be like to just get something off the rack and not worry about if it fits good, because you know most likely it will. You wonder what it would be like for your thighs not to rub together when you are wearing a dress, bathing suit, or skirt..

These are the things I wondered when I didn't properly care of my body the way I should have.

My whole life I always enjoyed snacking and eating foods that taste good, never really restricting myself.

When I got to my teenage years I started being very self conscious but didn't really know of a way to lose weight so I would always just eat what I wanted. Thankfully, I never got too big since my mother always made comments, but I did get up to a size 13. I was probably pushing 165 at 5'4. This might not sound like that big, but it was big enough for people to call you fat and to have to worry about hiding back fat in certain shirts.

After highschool, my weight constantly went up and down. I did a ton of diets, used diet pills, always tried to think of the best easiest way to lose weight. Thankfully, over the years, all my failed attempts at dieting and gaining my weight back, I finally learned that it's not a sprint to lose weight, you have to do it at a steady pace.

I probably started losing weight again around August of last year.

When I first started getting back into the gym, there was this girl there everyday, and I always wondered what it would be like to be that skinny. I thought she looked great! Over the months, I took my weight loss slow and gradual. I promised myself I wouldn't weigh myself for several months. I remember around October I weighed myself and I was at 135. I was so excited! But I decided not to stop there, and just keep eating clean and go to the gym often. I hit a phase where nothing was coming off, but I was patient about it and didn't get discouraged..my weigh finally started coming off even more and it seemed to come off fast! I was down to about 128.

Eventually, one of the trainers at the gym noticed me and started making comments about joining his high intensity class. Finally, I agreed, that girl that I saw at the gym everyday that I thought looked great was also in that class. I joined MPF around this time as well.

I am now around 117 and wear a size 1/2. The girl that I thought was so skinny and I'd never look like her, now comments about how skinny I am and how she wants to be MY size. It's crazy to think about, really. Maybe one day I'll tell her she was my motivation. ;) I wanted to be "one of those girls".

MFP keeps my eating under control. There are days I get tired of watching what I eat and want to give up, everyday is still a struggle for me, it's hard to kick 23 years of bad eating habits, even though I've been doing better for almost a year now.

Moral of the story: Slow and steady wins the race :) It's a lifetime commitment, not just a diet.

And now for pics:

**edit to say I don't really have photos of me at the full 165, because I didn't take many photos, and if I did they are not online.

189010_4423329267_3756_n.jpg
    Me on the right at about 160

5890_118264619267_1068280_n.jpg

2680_68644859267_1546111_n.jpg

15844_188351414267_3266697_n.jpg

Now days:

282725_10150934130189268_1968701831_n.jpg

536516_10150934132709268_317658428_n.jpg

479708_10150908606134268_1466428252_n.jpg

Now I like to smile in all my photos :)

Thanks for reading!

Totally ****ing agree! You rock. I wanna be "one of those girls" - after being a chubby kid, then skinny fat at 17, then back the highest weight ever - determined to be THAT girl! It IS a constanst struggle. My journey has only begun - only 3 mos into this and I'm already where I used to be 9 mos ago. Slow and steady wins the race. I'm rooting for myself, for once. Thanks for posting!
  • ninakir88
    ninakir88 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Maybe I missed this, but how long did this journey take you? I myself want to lose close to 50lbs. I have had all those same feelings--while I have been thin before I always looked at "those" girls and though similar things. What have you done in the gym? You look very toned and muscular. So proud of you!!

Honestly, it took me 18 to 23 (turning 24 next month) to finally figure out everything out. I guess this time around, probably about 10 months.

I started out with a very strict diet of veggies, rice, and boneless skinless chicken, fish, very low sodium intake, and very low sugar intake to get me motivated, when the weight started coming off I slowly started allowing myself more things to eat.

I worked out 4-5 times a week, doing 80% weights and 20% cardio.

Now days, I am a lot more easy going with my food and working out but I still try to do my high intensity class twice a week and go to the gym 1-2 a week and do my own workout and also do extra active things like walk the dog, do some 15 pound weights at home (lol). I also allow myself to eat what i want, just in low portions, and when going to restaurant or fast food I stick with healthier options.

I am by no means an expert and I just did what felt right and what my body was telling me to do. I still fall off the wagon from time to time, but I force myself to get back up.

Thank you guys so much for your compliments and nice words, I wasn't expecting to inspire so many people, you guys are awesome!!
  • zmzmzm19
    zmzmzm19 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations, you look amazing, and your attitude is amazing!!! Keep up the awesome work.....YOU MADE IT!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're gorgeous (before and after!!!)! What a great job you've done getting in shape! :flowerforyou:
  • brewerchick
    brewerchick Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I thought that today. Thanks for your inspiration!
  • dreamsofsomeday
    dreamsofsomeday Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look GREAT!!! Your story is a huge inspiration for me. I'm 5'4" now, and for a while I had maintained a weight of 165'ish, except last winter when I gained 15 pounds. Now, I want to reach at least 120 and am halfway there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!