Feeling down, just sad and in need of virtual hugs..

Options
*Note: this going to be pretty pathetic, I totally realize that, I just need to vent it's been a frustrating day and feel like I just need virtual hugs and some support.

I just had a whole day of meetings and sessions at work after a very long and stressful week with coworkers, projects etc, I was exhausted. I'm moving next week and I've been stressed out and feeling a lot of emotions, sad, anxious, my building manager at my current apartment is a bully and I'm of course not a big conflict person, usually like to talk things out but it's just gotten to the point where I need to leave but they are making my last few days here difficult, trying to book elevators, asking for help this one guy who works there obviously has a hatred for women so it's difficult to deal with him, unless of course I was thin and he could flirt in a really gross way and try to control me like he tries to with other tenants....anyways, so it's hard coming home.

I found out too that after the whole day of attending sessions at work, because I left to go back to my office 10 mins before it ended to deal with a moving company for next week, that I had won a leap pad tablet but because I wasn't there they gave it to someone else :( I could never afford something like that, at least not in the next couple of years, it just was the icing on top of the crappy cake that was today.

On top of it I'm having a bad body image day and I'm just not feeling attractive, I'm tired of being the 'friend' to everyone and helping guy friends meet girls or listening to them talking about who's hot and whatever else and I just feel so invisible, I just feel a bit down today, I'm pitying myself I know it's pathetic I just needed to write it out, it's just hard always being the friend that tags along and hangs around while guys hit on my friends and completely bypass me, not that I want to be hit on, I just feel like I'm seen like a kid or not a woman to people but just a buddy or something. Work guys have a great time chatting with me I'm part of the circle because I can dish out jokes and sarcasm and keep up, but I guess that's not what guys find attractive, that and I think my weight probably plays a huge part. I think everything combined just makes me sad, work people have been hard to deal with, again bullying, I'm so tired of it and I think I try too hard to see the good in people I always give them the benefit of the doubt so I think well maybe they were having a tough day or something and that's why they acted that way. Okay I'm done, I think I'm just scared that since I'm turning 33 next month and havent had a date in maybe 2 years (part of which is because I'm tired/scared of the constant rejection) or been in a relationship since maybe 6-7 years ago when I started gaining weight, I'm aftraid that this is my life, that I'm never going to be seen as attractive, just fun and yes nice and smart to some people and a good friend but nothing beyond that. Okay thank you all for letting me vent today I just feel really down, I'm tired of packing up my apartment to move into another apartment and live alone again somewhere else, so lonely :(

******Thank you :)

Everyone is so nice, I really appreciate the hugs; hugs back to all of you. I think stress and feeling unattractive just makes for a bad combination. I know I'll have a better day, and I hope I don't sound ungrateful in that post, I am thankful for all the good things in my life, I just need to get out of this building, it's hard to come home and feel like a prisoner in your own home (at my building the only exit is a controlled exit and I have to go by the bully to go in or out). I think the dating thing is hard too and I definitely know I play a role in that, I think I've just scared myself so much about dating that I've just started avoiding it altogether, too many bad experiences on some blind dates, Hopefully maybe if I lose some weight, even though I know that shouldn't matter and I hate writing it, maybe then I'll feel more confident in going out again.

Replies

• shbretired
    shbretired Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • sneekspeete
    sneekspeete Posts: 136
    Options
    HUGS!!!!
    It gets better. If guys don't want u coz of ur weight -fu ** em.As for the bullies -be the better person n don't let them see they're getting 2 u.kill em with kindness .
    I'm not the beet person @giving advice, or knowing what 2 say but I'm sorry ur going thru this.

HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS HUGS:flowerforyou:
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
  • Minner_Tinner
    Options
    I'm sorry you're having such a horrible day. ((HUGS))
  • willia123
    willia123 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    wow, you are so beautiful! (I looked at your profile) Sorry life's been tough for you lately. I felt compelled to respond to your post- I never like seeing someone feel defeated.
  • suavequeen
    suavequeen Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    big big HUGS!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    HUGS!
  • AndiJoy812
    AndiJoy812 Posts: 236
    Options
    Oh, sweetie...sending you huge hugs. Can I have one back?? It's been a crappy week at my house, too. :cry:
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry all thisis happening to u:( (((hugs)))):flowerforyou:
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
    For every really awful day in your life, there will be an equally great day somewhere down the line!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Hey, I feel you! I've had a crappy day at work too and various other stuff raining down on me. Sometimes in doesn't rain but it pours, eh?

Be as kind to yourself as you can. Moving house is super-stressful (up there with divorce and death of a loved one in the stress charts) but at least you'll be out of that awful environment soon!

Your work sounds pretty intense. I hope you can find a bit of peace, calm and success soon.

As for the 'get a man' stuff. Think about that when you're feeling happier - try having a heart to heart with a close girlfriend and seeing if there's anything you can do to send out the right signals. You know that people of all sizes can attract partners, so that's not the issue. But it's hard, hard, hard to keep searching for 'the one' so give yourself a break and don't pile all your worries on yourself at once!

Keep breathing and you'll get there... :flowerforyou:
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It will get better, remember you are a better person than those bozo's. hang in there. You got the new place to look forward to. Maybe get some folks from the office to help you move,
  • noemicontreras79
    noemicontreras79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Big HUGS!!!!
    I just have one thing to say keep you head up, you are a wonderful person!!!!
  • happy123456
    happy123456 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ♥ Hugs and luv on its way to you♥
  • Run4Health66
    Options
    I hope the rest of your day gets better. :smile:
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I really feel for you, I'm sorry your feeling so bad right now. Take a long walk or something, it will make you feel better, maybe. Leave the bully a really awesome anonymous note saying just what you feel about him. make it a really good one, have a great laugh and move on to making yourself a better you. then kick everyones *kitten*!!!! love you girl...HUGS!!! No really! HUG!!!!
  • decendre
    decendre Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: ....Everything will be okay! Sending you lots of hugs and love...and prayers for a much better week coming up!
  • HappilyCyn
    HappilyCyn Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • djgal76
    djgal76 Posts: 2
    Options
    Big Big Hugs, girl! :)