Which Grocery Store Do You Shop At?

Options
Easywider
Easywider Posts: 434 Member
Where do you purchase your raw materials and why?

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    local chain named price chopper.

they do gas points for each 100 dollars you spend (it used to be 50)
    if you spend 100 dollars you gt 10 cents off each gallon of gas for a fillup of 20 gallons.
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    When I need to fill my refrigerator and pantry, Wegman's. It's where beautiful people go to shop.

Whole Foods and Trader Joe's if I want to grab something within biking distance.
    -wtk
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    Kroger
    Wal-Mart (rarely)
    H-E-B (which is a Texas chain store)

Kroger is my primary grocery store, then HEB. Don't like Wal-Mart but it's open 24/7 and that works for me.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    walmart in the US, waitrose in the UK.
  • xuashe
    xuashe Posts: 46
    Options
    Asian markets (cheap produce!)
    Save-a-lot
    Local chain: Price Chopper
    And sometimes Wal-Mart.
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Price chopper, Wegmans, Kroger, Save-a-lot, HEB...All pretty large chains...Interesting. Haha.

No Giant/Martins/Stop&Shop/Genardi's people?
  • TiffanySuscheck
    TiffanySuscheck Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Kroger has the best produce in my opinion
    and then Meijer (Ohio chain)
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Cub foods
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Trader joes but it's a long drive so I load up on their frozen veg and vegan items. Oh and raw nuts
    Everything else I buy at HyVee

You mentioned stop and shop. When I lived in Connecticut - it was my favorite place to shop.
  • jmo325
    jmo325 Posts: 57
    Options
    Whole Foods/Publix/Target/Kroger

When i lived in Louisiana, I shopped at Whole Foods and the local groceries like Rouses and Roberts.

I do NOT give my money to Walmart. No matter what.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    Safeway, cause its closest.
    But we like to go to Wegmans for the selection and Trader Joes for the lower prices.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Co-op, Extra foods,Sobeys. In that order. If I need something "super healthy" I go to Nutters.
  • bpetlock
    bpetlock Posts: 109
    Options
    I get my produce from either Trader Joe's or Whole Foods (both within walking distance of my house). I buy the other items I need at Walmart because they are so cheap (but their produce sucks!)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I just can't get over the fact that you ended that sentence with a preposition.

No soup for you.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    costco
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Asda and my local Farm shop, sometimes Tesco
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Kroger
    Meijer
    Jungle Jim's International Food Market -- Its a pretty awesome place, look it up.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I need.

Regular staples at Trader Joe's, Safeway, or Fred Meyer. They are close by ( 5-10 mins with traffic) and Safeway delivers if needed.

Meat/Seafood/Veggies at Central Market, and bulk supplies (meat, toilet paper etc) at Costco, Costco is 5 mins from me, and CM is about 10 minutes so everything is relatively close.

I love love love the variety of veg and meats at Cental Market tho, the quality and selection are to die for. Best seafood outside of going to Pike Place to get fresh fish imho. Slightly pricy, but to me its worth it for the taste difference.
  • Femmekid
    Femmekid Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Fred Meyer (since I work there), Grocery Outlet (outlet store) and Cash & Carry (I can buy bulk here - they supply restaurants and such here) occasionally.
  • Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I just can't get over the fact that you ended that sentence with a preposition.

No soup for you.

hahaha:laugh: