Which Grocery Store Do You Shop At?

Options

Replies

• Sassy922
    Sassy922 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Where's all the aldi's shoppers??? I get 90% of my stuff from aldi's they rock my world especially since they now have almond milk and Greek yogurt. I run into target and giant eagle for quick things because they are seconds from my condo and occasionally trader joes and world market for specialty stuff. Used to shop at Marc's (local discount grocery) a lot but aldi's now has so much of what I need I can cut out the Marc's trip

Also aldi is owned by the same company as trader joes and frequently gets awesome stuff that trader joes has but even cheaper :)

I love Aldi too, but since I've been obsessed with getting points with my credit card, I can't shop there anymore because they don't do credit cards.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Non meats local grocery stores such as Festival Foods or Piggly Wiggly or Costco depending. and for meats we go to a meat market to get very fresh meats... No pink slime for me
  • Lidenbrock
    Lidenbrock Posts: 47
    Options
    Sainsbury's - Good quality produce, calorie counts all explained on website. Great staff - great atmosphere.
  • Pacificplayland
    Options
    We live in a farming community; most of our veggies are fresh, local produce from farmers markets, our garden or "pick your own" places. I don't eat much meat, but the rest of my family buys a half a cow and a third of a pig and have it locally processed, we have a freezer and it lasts forever. Eggs and chickens come from local farms... We also fish our lake. Once a month we will drive the 75 miles to a Trader Joe's for the "fun" stuff. About once a week we will shop at Cub Foods or Coburn's for everything else... It's a lot work, but worth it in the end.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    In this order (order of cheapest to most expensive) and yes I go to 3 or 4 stores everyweek (vegan and veggies in my house)

-Angelos Organic Thrift (scratch and dent store for organic, ethnic, and health food)
    -Aldi (its cheap! its owned by the same people who own trader joes!)
    -Kroger (cheapest major chain)
    -Good Earth (Indianapolis Health food store)
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Amazon Fresh - Convenient (Delivers in Seattle), Sells a lot of organic, local, and cage free meats
    Safeway
    Fred Meyer
    Trader Joe - Nice for grains, rice, and their guilt free popcorn
  • Easywider
    Easywider Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Non meats local grocery stores such as Festival Foods or Piggly Wiggly or Costco depending. and for meats we go to a meat market to get very fresh meats... No pink slime for me

Piggly Wiggly oh snap! Didn't expect to see that one.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    Oh also heinans, I loooove heinans cheese, beer, wine, produce and prepared foods (in that order... Well maybe wine before beer...) but they're 15 minutes away and I have options closer so unless I'm there for something else I skip it. Wish they'd open one closer!!
  • Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Wegmans!!! I also go to our public market on the weekends for cheaper organic produce!
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    kroger (i work there so its easier)
    save-a-lot
    galaxy
    hudson's iga (sometimes)
  • cfregon
    cfregon Posts: 147
    Options
    When I'm where I am now: Aldi, and the Natural Grocers, occasionally the Super Target (because they have an okay vegetarian section) and Sam's for the produce.

When I'm Home: Pike Place Market! Fantastic produce! Costco when I can't get there, other local farmer's and Asian Markets.
  • kacinace
    kacinace Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Iowa/Nebraska/Illinois chain Fareway. Only grocery store in my town, but it's where I shopped when I had options, too. Plus farmer's market when I can make it there.
  • freder1ck
    freder1ck Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Aldi, Price Chopper, HyVee, Trader Joes when we make the trip…
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Price Chopper, Wegmans, Shur-Save, Target (mainly for cereal or frozen foods) and Redners, depending on what's on sale, where I am, and what I need.

Ollie's Bargain Outlet for stuff like potato chips and pretzels, and lately they've had some really good protein bars.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Target, because it's the closest. Then Tom thumb (which is a chain of Safeway stores) because they sometimes have great deals (I just bought 3 lbs of strawberries for $5 yesterday) because it's less busy and much cleaner than the krogers that are near me and I can get decent organic stuff for a price I'm willing to pay.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I get my produce from either Trader Joe's or Whole Foods (both within walking distance of my house). I buy the other items I need at Walmart because they are so cheap (but their produce sucks!)

I agree with that... When I was in college I would pay more at albertsons because the fruit flies that were always flying around Walmart produce sections turned me off... I still don't buy produce at Walmart... Ever.
  • bunnylvr
    bunnylvr Posts: 78
    Options
    Mostly Target because I work there and get a discount so it's cheaper for me, plus I am there constantly anyway. Then sometimes Schnucks which is a chain in the Midwest.
  • 78brownie_wechanged
    Options
    A farmers market.Target, Walmart, Genardi's, & ShopRite...no reason in particular.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I :heart: Wegmans!!! I also go to our public market on the weekends for cheaper organic produce!

Ditto, except for the organic part.
  • imafatloser
    Options
    Aldi and Target, with an occasional trip to Trader Joe's-which is over an hour away. My husband plants a HUGE garden, so our produce is homegrown during the summer months. We also like the local Farmer's Market for cheese, ethnic goodies, and baked goods.