Too many calories can get in the way of weight loss.

Options

Replies

• CountryMom03
    CountryMom03 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I agree with you here!:) Totally agree. It just gets under my skin when people call a certain way to lose weight a myth or say that it doesnt work. There are many paths to weight lose, and many ways! Some methods work for some whereas it wouldnt work for another person. You just have to find the way that works for you, your body and your life. Just because one method doesnt work for me, Im not going to go out and say that this method doesnt work or is a myth because thats not true. Its dodnt work for ME, therefor as long as its a healthy way I will support any and all methods regardless of if it worked for me.

~Carrie~
    I stated it was a myth because the person I quoted said you need to eat low carb - which IS a myth :)

Then instead of just saying..."Thats a Myth" and not saying anything else, you should have said, True that does work for many, but thats not the only way that works, theres many others that work also, you just have to find out which one works for your body.

~Carrie~
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    This is all so complicated. So do I eat my exercise calories back or not?

I think he is saying that if you gain back a pound of fat, you could have put on a pound of muscle, and would weigh less.

Oooh so that burger I ate didn't make we retain water, I just gained a pound of muscle. I think I'm getting the hang of this thing.

Burger IS muscle, cow muscle, so of course it converts straight into human muscle :smh:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    128699401983694393.jpg
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

I think he is saying that if you gain back a pound of fat, you could have put on a pound of muscle, and would weigh less.

Oooh so that burger I ate didn't make we retain water, I just gained a pound of muscle. I think I'm getting the hang of this thing.

Burger IS muscle, cow muscle, so of course it converts straight into human muscle :smh:
    I heard that every time a cow is slaughtered to make burgers/convert to human muscle, an angel gets its wings.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I agree with you here!:) Totally agree. It just gets under my skin when people call a certain way to lose weight a myth or say that it doesnt work. There are many paths to weight lose, and many ways! Some methods work for some whereas it wouldnt work for another person. You just have to find the way that works for you, your body and your life. Just because one method doesnt work for me, Im not going to go out and say that this method doesnt work or is a myth because thats not true. Its dodnt work for ME, therefor as long as its a healthy way I will support any and all methods regardless of if it worked for me.

~Carrie~
    I stated it was a myth because the person I quoted said you need to eat low carb - which IS a myth :)

Then instead of just saying..."Thats a Myth" and not saying anything else, you should have said, True that does work for many, but thats not the only way that works, theres many others that work also, you just have to find out which one works for your body.

~Carrie~
    Or people could stop looking for reasons to be offended :smile:
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options

My opinion is NO!
  • wk9t
    wk9t Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can eat all the veggies you want ... but you MUST eat a whole grapefruit and drink a diet pop just before bed. Then the calories don't count. ;-)
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options

~Carrie~

~Carrie~
    Or people could stop looking for reasons to be offended :smile:

If only people grasped the irony of preaching your own "truth" on a parody thread then getting offended because it doesn't stop being a parody thread.

And you should never eat back exercise calories, ever ever, unless you are standing on your head in a dark room in front of a congregation of disgruntled leprechauns & even then the only suitable food would be chia covered grass fed free range turkeys from the mountains of Vahalla, cooked to the precise internal temperature of 170 degrees.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    how many calories do i need to eat to turn my fat into muscle? or do i need an alchemist?

you need a fairy godmother to do that
  • Oishii
    Options
    too much oxygen is actually bad for you

I think it was just a typo... What was meant was:

You can't have too much sex or orgasms.

[Apologies for joining thread too late]
  • Oishii
    Options

I heard that every time a cow is slaughtered to make burgers/convert to human muscle, an angel gets its wings.

As long as the cows don't get the wings. I do not want that kind of pat on the head!
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I don't know any of you but I love all of you. There's nothing like waking up to a whole bunch of sarcasm. :heart: :love: :heart: :love:
  • sdevan45
    sdevan45 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Doesn't anyone on this forum know that dark chocolate contains the one molecule in the universe that does not obey the laws of physics and is made up of anti-calories. Jeesh!!
  • Oishii
    Options
    Doesn't anyone on this forum know that dark chocolate contains the one molecule in the universe that does not obey the laws of physics and is made up of anti-calories. Jeesh!!

That's it! Anti-oxidants! Stop you rusting! Give you buns of steel... Where's that alchemist gone?
  • MNchick
    MNchick Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I added Raspberry Keytones and HCG to my Body by Vi shake...

I can't wait to look like a model by next weekend!
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't know any of you but I love all of you. There's nothing like waking up to a whole bunch of sarcasm. :heart: :love: :heart: :love:

This!^^^^

I've been laughing so hard reading this thread, but I can't seem to find how to log into my exercise!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I added Raspberry Keytones and HCG to my Body by Vi shake...

I can't wait to look like a model by next weekend!

Well in order for that to happen, a virgin has to be sacrificed on top of a volcano to appease the weight loss gods.
  • ashleymichaud
    Options
    I just have to say thank you to all of you funny people on MFP. I just had surgery this week and was having a crappy day but then I came across this thread, LMAO! So, thanks :)
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Still giggling here...I love you guys! Except for the sarcasm-challenged among us. Here...eat a leprechaun. With keytones. And crabs.
  • l3rob
    l3rob Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ***waves hand***.....these aren't the droids you're looking for