Doctor says I'm overweight... ?

2»

Replies

• hlandry6
    hlandry6 Posts: 230
    Your Dr. sounds like a dumb----!!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    You all realize that she was a teenager, right? She hit puberty within the last 4 years?
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    What a jerk - you seem to be at a healthy weight but if that Quack scared you get a second opinion to rule out diabetes. If I was at the weight I was when I first went on a diet as a teen, I would kiss the ground!
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    I would get a second opinion. You're in the healthy range.
  • ChadIM
    ChadIM Posts: 3 Member
    Your profile shows you as 19?

You are at a healthy BMI.

Ask him what in your blood tests shows insulin resistance.

If he can't answer that, get a new doc.

This... but maybe get a new doc even if he can answer that.
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    She is obviously under 18. There are pieces of this story missing.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Might want a new doctor but the trend of 7 lbs a year is something to keep an eye on. It might not be a problem now but if that keeps up over the next 10-20 years it certainly would be. Probably just a minor adjustment needed.
  • wolfi622
    wolfi622 Posts: 206
    She is obviously under 18. There are pieces of this story missing.

Large pieces of the story are missing.. No (not even the worst) doctor would do what he did base only on the information she presented here.
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    The only thing I could think of dealing with the belly button is that accumulating a lot of belly fat is a warning sign for diabetes. Even that seem like a big stretch given her healthy weight. I did a google on "diabetes belly button diagnosis" and this thread was at the top of the list. :laugh:
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Get a second opinion. Just remember not all doctors are created equal which means they are not always right and getting a wrong doctor can really mess you up.
  • ElizabethRoad
    Might want a new doctor but the trend of 7 lbs a year is something to keep an eye on. It might not be a problem now but if that keeps up over the next 10-20 years it certainly would be. Probably just a minor adjustment needed.
    She was gaining 7 pounds a year because she is still growing. She's probably about 14.
  • ElizabethRoad
    By the way, why are you people still responding? She's gone. Deactivated.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    She was gaining 7 pounds a year because she is still growing. She's probably about 14.

Ah. That's different then, isn't it...